Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Why do my brembos suck d!#k??

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2015, 09:37 AM
K51

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You won't have any problems with any brakes on any Z, if you don't let the lines run dry. It's air in the ABS pump that will make the job hell. Be careful the the Motive bleeder. the binyl hose is soluble in brake fluid and it will fail after not much exposure. You can buy a spool of it at Lowe's or Home Depot, or better, upgrade to EPDM hose (which you'll probably have to find online). The adapter for the Nissan MC is alsoo a bit tough to get on properly, and you have to remove the little strainer screen first.
Old 08-09-2015, 11:02 AM
i8acobra

Received 1,265 Likes on 1,014 Posts

Originally Posted by dcains
the 2004> FSM says RR, LF, LR, RF
This is the correct order. The reason is because there are two lines on the MC. Many people think one is for the rears and the other for the fronts. They're wrong. One is for the RR and LF, the other is for the LR and RF. Start by bleeding the fittings at the MC. Then bleed the two lines at the ABS actuator. Next, bleed the 4 lines out of the actuator. Finally, do the calipers in the order above, inside bleeder then outside bleeder. If the pedal still goes to the floor, check there's no leaks at the pistons, then replace your rubber lines (sometimes they start coming apart internally and plug up the fluid passages making it nearly impossible to bleed). Be sure to use the pedal pump method, not a mity-vac. It's also important to SLOWLY depress the brake pedal... don't "pump" it. Rapidly pumping with air in the system causes frothing which makes it impossible to bleed.
Old 08-10-2015, 10:26 PM
Msalas350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Flee0588
I just bought a set of OEM Brembos and I'm about to do this swap this weekend. I hope I don't run into the same problem. That line cap seems like a good idea.
Ay just read about your problem. But would you sell me the front brembo calipers?
Old 08-13-2015, 12:27 PM
FrankieG35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bled them again and they are feeling better.. The sinking pedal got better and the sinking feeling in my stomach when hitting the brake went away also..
Old 08-13-2015, 02:37 PM
Flee0588

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Msalas350
Ay just read about your problem. But would you sell me the front brembo calipers?
Front and back brembos are now on the car.

Originally Posted by FrankieG35
Bled them again and they are feeling better.. The sinking pedal got better and the sinking feeling in my stomach when hitting the brake went away also..
Glad to hear you got it fixed!