Master

Received 9,044 Likes on 6,510 Posts

i had the s-tech's, great springs but didn't quite give me the look i wanted
Old 01-31-2016, 04:17 PM
Alex Tappin

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by travlee
i had the s-tech's, great springs but didn't quite give me the look i wanted
I was having the hardest time deciding between the tein and the Hotchkis springs. I decided to go with the tein since the front is dropped a little bit more than the back is. Also, the tein s was about ~$150 or so, so its not anything permanent/major!

Did u get camber arms or no?
Old 01-31-2016, 04:20 PM
travlee
Master

Received 9,044 Likes on 6,510 Posts

when i swapped the springs to the Eibach, i got the spc front and rear kit. i was in spec (barely) with the s-tech's
Old 01-31-2016, 04:23 PM
Alex Tappin

when i swapped the springs to the Eibach, i got the spc front and rear kit. i was in spec (barely) with the s-tech's
Alright. Yea, most people say they got it barely in spec.

I will probably go with the spc soon. I plan to change my springs in the future, making the purchase of the SPC not a complete waste of time and money right now.

Thanks!
Old 02-08-2016, 06:10 PM
Alex Tappin

I have been looking into which camber kits to go for before i install my springs and shocks. After reading the suspension 101 thread and reading a little more, I have decided to go with the spc rear and the kinetix front UCA. I have heard there was an upgrade to the kinetix UCA with the dust cover.

Excited go get everything installed! The springs, sway bars and shocks are waiting in the garage.
Old 02-08-2016, 10:18 PM
DesertSleeper

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Alex Tappin
I have been looking into which camber kits to go for before i install my springs and shocks. After reading the suspension 101 thread and reading a little more, I have decided to go with the spc rear and the kinetix front UCA. I have heard there was an upgrade to the kinetix UCA with the dust cover.

Excited go get everything installed! The springs, sway bars and shocks are waiting in the garage.
I have almost the exact same setup. I had hotchkis springs but recently replaced them with the eibach pro kit, and installed the kinetix UCA's while at it, no issues so far. Love the kinetix design, it's a little more work for the alignment tech but once set there is no way its moving. Make sure u spray some white lithium grease under the dust boot before u install to avoid squeaks. The hotchkis sways are awesome, but you'll probably wanna upgrade the end links at some point as well.

Props to you for doing it right the first time though, enjoy the new suspension
Old 02-09-2016, 12:57 AM
Alex Tappin

Originally Posted by DesertSleeper
I have almost the exact same setup. I had hotchkis springs but recently replaced them with the eibach pro kit, and installed the kinetix UCA's while at it, no issues so far. Love the kinetix design, it's a little more work for the alignment tech but once set there is no way its moving. Make sure u spray some white lithium grease under the dust boot before u install to avoid squeaks. The hotchkis sways are awesome, but you'll probably wanna upgrade the end links at some point as well.

Props to you for doing it right the first time though, enjoy the new suspension
Awesome! Thanks! Yea I read about the squeeeeks and that some type of lube is needed! I'll make sure to do that correctly!

Well, thanks to all the forum posts and everyone posting their experience, it helps me gauge what to do and what to avoid.