Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Would like to know why it cost more from a dealer plz help

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2015, 04:25 PM
outlaw9259

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Would like to know why it cost more from a dealer plz help

So I am shopping for lower control arm knuckle and seems nissan sells the whole arm and read all these thread about after market knuckles not lasting long so went to the dealer and they wanted 350 each arm while when I went to http://www.courtesyparts.com it was hundred less so from the mechanic I deal wtih said those are not genuine oem or not the same as if you oem part from a dealer so is there a big difference from oem from internet site and dealer oem I couldn't get a. Straight answer. I hope you guys can help me out Also why I ask about this is Bc i have to do a tune up and the parts came to close to 2500 and went I got it from http://www.courtesyparts.com was close to 1800 so it's range 20-25% less this might be be able to cover the labor or part of it can someone give me some legit answer with people who bought stuff off internet and they are oem nissan parts or other sites that sells the same oem parts you would get from a nissan dealer plz positive answer I know how you can bashed here hahaha btw first time changing internal parts anoTher reason for the tune up is needed bc I am getting miss fire and heard it can be a lot of reasons so the cost is for all the possible causes and also my car never had issue till now and is hitting 90k 2003 I would like some good advise on this because i want to keep this car for another 5 year or more. Also the fact all these fixing gonna add up close to the sell value of the car if I add in the end links I gota get soon and the lower control arms. I think all these gonna come close to 7k and my car sells for most 9-10k ,....... Another reason I want to keep this car bc I have had so many memories with this car had it through college and not the mention how cosmetic things I did that adds to another 8k-9k.
Old 10-24-2015, 04:35 PM
outlaw9259

Here a pic of the bill from nissan near my house and pics from the site
Dealer prices

Prices from the site

Old 10-24-2015, 04:46 PM
outlaw9259

The items that's on the site according to the sale rep I called are genuine nissan oem parts you will get from e dealer not aftermarket that's close to like oem so to make this long story short would like to know if this site is legit or you guys can suggest some site that sell oem or dealer parts cheaper then dealer or is the dealer price is what I gota pay for it get genuine nissan parts. I am guessing I will run into this issue again that the car is going to the phase where parts needs to be replaces excluding the usual rotor brake and maintance which I have kept on track. I gota say awesome car hasn't given one issue till now. Other then the window motor and the shitty Bose sub
Old 10-24-2015, 04:56 PM
verdict.
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 648 Likes on 491 Posts

Big messy wall of text is giving me a headache so I stopped reading. I would suggest using sentences and formatting your posts better if you want a genuine reply.
The following 2 users liked this post by verdict.:
jv350z (10-25-2015), MicVelo (10-24-2015)
Old 10-24-2015, 05:06 PM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

Courtesy sells genuine Nissan parts, same as an Nossan dealer you will find. Most of those items on your list are not part of any tuneup. You don't need any of those sensors unless you have a specific error code saying one is bad, you don't need 6 new coil packs, etc., etc. you really shouldn't need more than plugs, fluids, and filters at 90K. Maybe new drive belts, coolant and brake fluid change, too.

Find an honest mechanic who know Nissans. Check with your local 350z club for a recommendation.
The following users liked this post:
jv350z (10-25-2015)
Old 10-24-2015, 05:35 PM
guitman32

Received 108 Likes on 90 Posts

^+1

I say leave also, you car deserves better than the stealership.
Old 10-25-2015, 09:30 AM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

The dealership had a high overhead and the workers at the dealership all get a piece of the pie. They cant afford to compete with the internet warehouse parts prices... I would bring my car elsewhere.
Old 10-25-2015, 11:00 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,044 Likes on 6,510 Posts

Originally Posted by dboyzalter
The dealership had a high overhead and the workers at the dealership all get a piece of the pie. They cant afford to compete with the internet warehouse parts prices... I would bring my car elsewhere.
but that makes too much sense... the only reason my car goes to stealership is because i have extended warranty, they always "upsale"

Last edited by travlee; 10-25-2015 at 04:05 PM.
Old 10-25-2015, 02:22 PM
outlaw9259

Thanks for the inputs guys sorry for the bad picture and broken English so from what I have read, the site sells genuine parts and they are cheaper bc they don't have to have a dealership.
The issue started when the engine light started flash. I have seen engine light on before but never before when it would flash. Then car sounded like it was having a hard time(louder then usual) and felt sluggish not sure if I am putting that right in words. From what the mechanic was telling me. He told me that I am not burning all the fuel and will eventually destroy the the cats. The issue can come from many different reasons. He told me it would be best to change all the parts listed because they will need replacing soon or later and you don't have to keep coming back to change one part again and again and pay more for labor then parts. The mechanic told me I can take 2 paths change part after part till the right parts is replaced or change all the parts related to this issue. Btw some of the parts listed there are near what needs to be fixed that will eventually need to replace them.
I plan to keep the car for the rest of its life. I already put out more money then it's worth on cosmetics so I don't mind getting the work done if it's needed, but at the same time don't want to spend on things I don't need too.

And thanks again for the inputs joe

Last edited by outlaw9259; 10-25-2015 at 02:47 PM.
Old 10-26-2015, 12:46 PM
sportbiketed

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

FYI Courtesy Parts is also a Nissan stealership
Old 10-27-2015, 08:32 AM
outlaw9259

O man that sucks mind any recommendation for other place for oem nissan parts but it least they are cheaper then the dealer ship
Old 10-27-2015, 09:03 AM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,253 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Many of you probably weren't born when *I* got started in World Wide Web commerce and, sorry, web advertising. (Hell, most people probably don't even know it as the "world wide web"; rather, just "the web".... laff....)

But a mere 20-some years ago when "e-Commerce" first became a word, the battle was about electronic based product sales versus the "brick and mortar" based businesses who hadn't yet converted or split their sales between "parts counter sale" and "order it on Amazon".

Amazing how the world of commerce changed virtually overnight. Obvious savings were had by reducing stocking overhead, advertising and marketing (which became virtually free), and the number of people (unfortunate side effect) required to put a fuel injector or shift **** on your kitchen table went from about $100 to $10.

So that's why it's so much cheaper to do biz online.

Now of course, that spawned a whole generation of people (not pointing fingers because I'm guilty at times too) who don't value the interaction of human relationships, person-to-person. But we live with it for the convenience.

Old man steps off his soapbox, kindly remove yourself from my lawn, thank you,

Mic

Pop quiz: Anyone here remember "Autoweb" or "Doubleclick" (now both names synonymous with archaic-by-today's-standards-but-still-in-existence, web-based car purchasing and advertising?) Er, for better or for worse, I had a hand in both... Sorry.

And still do by virtue of my web giant clients...

Last edited by MicVelo; 10-27-2015 at 09:08 AM.
Old 10-27-2015, 10:43 AM
gtx

Nissan has a parts website with all the parts catalogs, part numbers and sugested retail prices.(Dealers can sell for more or less) httP://parts.nissanusa.com A quick check here before visiting your dealer will show if he is gouging you, especially on parts that don't have an aftermarket equivalent.

There are also links to each dealers parts inventory. So you can save a trip to pick up some little thing if the dealer is out of stock. One word of caution, this site is made by Nissan, so don't expect it to work all that well.
Old 10-27-2015, 12:18 PM
sportbiketed

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by outlaw9259
O man that sucks mind any recommendation for other place for oem nissan parts but it least they are cheaper then the dealer ship
Nothing wrong with Courtesy, I was simply informing you that they are also a dealership. They have the most reasonable prices that I have seen so far on OEM Nissan products.