Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

How to Improve the Nismo 350z?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2015, 05:08 AM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

Originally Posted by Ace_Fox
I've sat here for a few minutes trying to think of a reasonable reply that doesn't sound like a bratty teenager.

I respect the Nismo for what it is, not seeing it on equal terms as an Enthusiast or Track model. I'm a Nismo fan and a car enthusiast, not at all into the scene. I'm not doing this to impress anybody but myself because this is the car I've been wanting for a long time.

The mods wouldn't be anything excessive or over that top that detract from the value of the car or even so much as change the personality of it. No turbos, no crazy cams, no slammage for the hellaflush life, bro. Just some quality bolt-on parts and an UpRev tune, then call it a day. Plus, hold on to the stock parts and revert it to stock if need be. Takes like 20 mins to unbolt an exhaust and swap on a new one, probably the same time as it is to return it to stock.
Im half serious, my car is a bit ricey but im not rimmed up or hellaflush... I just find enjoyment in chestering up my older car that I have no plans of selling.

If I had a nismo I would have to treat it like a hot *** hs girl look but no touch. Mine I can treat like a quality built 30 year old with 2 trophies... Already been around the block and nothing im going to do will get me in trouble or lower its value

Wish I could swap out my exhaust in 20 minutes... My y pipe back took me like 2 days to get on... And I recently got a new cat back that im not looking forward to installation day.

Don't ever buy a car from Massachusetts.
Old 11-23-2015, 08:23 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,253 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Wow, jeebus guys, not one of you stepped in for me while I was away????

The single best improvement to a Nismo....

Driver's School.

I mean, seriously, what good is all that go fast, super stick suspension if ya can't wring out all it's got?

T'bo, Trav, DM, DBA, Dean..... c'mon, guys fill in for me once in a while OK?

Usual Disclaimer:
When Mic talks about Driver's School, this should not be taken personally as it is a general comment and something guaranteed to extract more out of any car or modification one can possibly make to the car itself.
Old 11-23-2015, 09:58 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,283 Likes on 1,645 Posts

Originally Posted by MicVelo
Wow, jeebus guys, not one of you stepped in for me while I was away????

The single best improvement to a Nismo....

Driver's School.

I mean, seriously, what good is all that go fast, super stick suspension if ya can't wring out all it's got?

T'bo, Trav, DM, DBA, Dean..... c'mon, guys fill in for me once in a while OK?

Usual Disclaimer:
When Mic talks about Driver's School, this should not be taken personally as it is a general comment and something guaranteed to extract more out of any car or modification one can possibly make to the car itself.
HPDE events work wonders. Even with the unpaid or hardly paid instructors
Old 11-24-2015, 05:00 AM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

Originally Posted by dboyzalter
https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-n...omparison.html

Here is a good link to check out if you haven't already.
I said ask you (because you are like a wise owl) and posted the link to your wonderful comparison... I did my part I cant think of driving school too.
Old 11-24-2015, 05:11 AM
jdmfetish

Received 125 Likes on 94 Posts

with a 350z nismo at about $20K give or take

how long will I need to eat ramen noodle and drink water to save the $20K

insight , how long have you been doing this and how much longer do you have to go
Old 11-24-2015, 04:25 PM
Ace_Fox

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jdmfetish
with a 350z nismo at about $20K give or take

how long will I need to eat ramen noodle and drink water to save the $20K

insight , how long have you been doing this and how much longer do you have to go
That was more or less a bit of sarcasm thrown in there. I'm aiming for some time in the summer. Saving up more cash so I can throw down a bigger down payment on the car instead of borrowing the whole 20k or so. I'll let you do the math if you'd like, but after paying bills and what not, I'm pocketing a little over a grand a month since I reevaluated my finances early last month. Long ways to go sure, but it'll get there.
Old 11-24-2015, 08:50 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,253 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by dboyzalter
I said ask you (because you are like a wise owl) and posted the link to your wonderful comparison... I did my part I cant think of driving school too.
Thanks DBA, you DID say that so I take back what I said. Besides, Terrasmak had my back. Heh heh.

But it's hardly worth anything cuz no one will ever take heed cuz there's no "cred sticker" to put on the back window when you go to Bondurant/Barber/HPDE... But that's none of my biz.
Old 11-24-2015, 08:59 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,283 Likes on 1,645 Posts

Originally Posted by MicVelo
Thanks DBA, you DID say that so I take back what I said. Besides, Terrasmak had my back. Heh heh.

But it's hardly worth anything cuz no one will ever take heed cuz there's no "cred sticker" to put on the back window when you go to Bondurant/Barber/HPDE... But that's none of my biz.
Rock chips give street cred as far as I'm concerned, same with Brembo brakes turned into brownbo's