Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

FAT super angle kit review

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 06:22 PM
Tm350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FAT super angle kit review

Ig: @tuckerthemartin review of the FAT super angle kit from RAK garage. Pictures do not seem to be loading so I will post the carnage up on my instagram.

::FAT SUPER ANGLE KIT::

I honestly hate to talk down on somebody else's hard work but here's my super long final review on my experience with this kit.

After i ordered it it took 2 months to ship out. So long i was sure i was being scammed because i got no word from them in that entire time.

After spending 3 months trying to make it work with the stock subframe (which I was assured was possable) I gave up and installed the tubular subframe. (which seems to be much heavier but I could be wrong) their subframe was a half inch to short when installing it to the frame of the car (which they assured me is normal) but nothing a sledgehammer can't fix right? Not to mention the holes in the subframe are not tight to the studs on the bottom side. So touque those nuts down lol.

They were nice enough to send me a extended steering colum for free when I sent an email about why I was told this was a bolt on kit and my colum didn't reach the steering rack anymore.

The material seems good quality and the welds look good. However some spots look like the we're cut with a sawzaw and the paint chips everytime the wind blows to hard. Later I found there was a large Crack in the metal where the hub meets the ball joint on the upper a arm. This was before the wheels had ever touched the ground and there was no weight on it. I didn't even contact anyone at this point because I was so pissed at the kit already.

Finished up, to it to ma motorsports for alignment and a final check on everything where Daelen Snow assured me that the kit would break very soon. (which I was also confident in) but they aligned it went over every bolt and welded gussets at the top of the hub where my Crack was because the entire car sits on a 3/4 inch overhang of steel on either side. Super scetchy looking.

They made sure to mark every bolt on the kit so I could check to make sure nothing came loose every time I switched tires. (Which I did)

They hated aligning it by the way. It sucked and I could see why.

First event went really well. The kit had insane angle, handled awesome and I had a blast. Made my car an entirely different animal, predictably. The only complaint I had was that even with twice the angle of stock I still had the same amount of turns of the wheel so it feels kinda jumpy but I got used to it eventually and it felt awesome.

Still checking my bolts constantly because I had seen them come loose twice already but only a little bit. Like a quarter turn.

Second event went great until it didnt. (Notice pictures below) going around a slower corner with NO bumps, the heim joint you see pull right out of the lca striping all the threads on the way out and fairing out the end of the lca. They had to drag me off track with both wheels at full lock on opposite sides. Probably hilarious you tell me. 2 hours just to get it on the trailer.

This happend on the second lap after I checked all the bolts and I have video proff that I didn't hit a bump and I wasn't even at full angle

Baisicly when contacting RAK garage told me it was all my fault and after prying for it the agreed to send me a new heim joint. So that it could presumably Last 1 more event I guess. Well I haven't heard back from them in over a week so I guess I get nothing.

Let it be stated that Mathew Sams also broke his after a half of a lap so 2 out of the 3 kits in america at the time were broken and I'm not even sure the third was driven on yet but definitely don't quote me on that.

Bottom line it will be one of the most stressful things you ever install on your car, it will handle amazing and you will love every second that you spend driving, but the quality is terrible. I would trust an isr angle kit more. And you will have worse customer suport than a mcdonalds restaurant when you break it. Which you will.

Again I hate to post this because I know lots of people worked very hard on it and I really don't mean any offense by this but it needs to be said. If I'm wrong you will soon start to see good reviews popping up everywhere and you have nothing to worry about. I was willing to forget about all this if I could just get my money back since at the very least, my kit was defective but I can't even get a $30 heim joint. So here we are.

Sorry for the rant. Now you know
Old 05-03-2016, 02:03 PM
rustyschopshop

Received 373 Likes on 279 Posts

Sorry to hear of the problems you had with them, I guess this must be the reason the only place I have seen this kit is on ebay.
Old 05-03-2016, 03:50 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,283 Likes on 1,645 Posts

Thank you for the detailed informative post.