Old 08-01-2016, 07:06 PM
zguth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Unknown Creaking

Hey guys, I need help diagnosing a problem with my Z
2003 350Z Touring
A/T Non-brembo brakes

A little backstory

When applying the brake with anything more than light pressure I had this god awful creaking noise coming from the rear driver wheel. Sounds Exactly like a bad wheel bearing. I have taken it to three different shops, and two different Nissan dealers. Each time they come up with a different problem.

The first time they said it was a bad wheel bearing. I replaced it and the sound went away but then came back 3 days later. I replaced it again thinking I did something wrong, and it came back immediately. Took it to said shop and they replaced it, still the noise was there. Got a refund from them and went to another shop.

Next shop told me it was the control arm bushings. I replaced the control arm, guess what? Noise was still there

Next shop told me it was a bad ball joint. Replaced it to no avail.

Next shop told me it was a worn caliper guide pin, I kinda thought about it, since I had pretty badly warped rotors and the noise was consistent with the warp. I replaced calipers, brackets, pads, rotors, shoes, and all hardware associated. Noise went away for a day, now it is slowly coming back, as well as noise consistent with a warped rotor making contact with the pad, which is impossible since the rotors are new and have been driven on for five miles now.

Dealership #1 told me that it was a spring. Not the case.

Dealership #2 will not do an inspection unless I pay them 500 plus they won't release the car until repairs are made, so I walked out.

Things I have troubleshot since the brakes last weekend.
Greased all bushings on every suspension part.
Jacked up the car and went to each wheel and checked for bearing play. No play at all.
Checked the sway bar end links (read about it in forum) Tight and no creaking
Pressed up and down on rear suspension as well as rocking side to side. No noise.

Noise ONLY comes up when braking and sounds like the old rotor warp pressing against the caliper. Since I have replaced every component I have no idea what else to do. I have spent well over $2000 trying to get rid of this noise to no avail.

Also tires and wheels are factory (factory brand tires purchased and balanced less than a month ago)

I have no idea what else to check or do here...

Unrelated. have rotor noise on the front driver wheel now. Noise is gone when wheels are straight. a little loud when making even the slightest right turn, but when turning left? Even slightly moving the wheel left there is a screeching noise and what sounds like the pad is fully pressed against the rotor. I thought it might be a bad front wheel bearing, but there is no play in the wheel. could a ball joint or tie rod end cause the rotor to shift its position while turning? It's my understanding that only a wheel bearing would cause that.

Sorry for the long winded post.Just trying to provide as much info as possible to reach a solution here. Thanks in advance.