Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Rear Pop From Ebrake???

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2017, 08:13 PM
Z33E

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Rear Pop From Ebrake???

Alright so i was on my way to a meet today and i was coming to a stop and at around maybe 5 mph i pulled the ebrake up because my friend wanted to hear the exhaust against the wall. As soon as i pulled up the ebrake i heard a sudden pop from the driver side rear tire and after a weird metal sound started happeneing while i take off in first. i have no clue what the noise is it used to happen before but no were near as loud. Also note i have had to pull the ebrake extremely far up since i got the car (33k miles now at 38K) for the brake to engage. Could i have worn pads? Do i need to just change them? or is my problem much bigger. Thanks ahead of time guys
Old 02-19-2017, 05:54 AM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

Take it apart and have a look. What other advice could anyone here possibly offer without having a crystal ball? Feel free to post what you find, and maybe we can figure it out from there.
Old 02-19-2017, 11:21 AM
CK_32

Received 366 Likes on 315 Posts

Pulling the ebrake to head the exhaust?

Do you mean you ripped the e brake to try a s brake power slide?

Like above get on your back and get dirty. Not just ganna fix or figure it self out. Start by tracing the cable and going back to where you hear the sound. Not much we can do from this end. Bet the time it takes you to explain is how long it would take you to find the problem or pop.

Or do one better and take it to a shop who knows what they are doing.