Notices

Pagid Brake Pads! What you didn't know!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 04:32 PM
Vivid Racing
Sponsor
Vivid Racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pagid Brake Pads! What you didn't know!

As we all know Pagid has a large of line of brake pads depending on your application. Your most commonly used pad is the RS-19 and RS-29 yellows which is what i'll focus on since most of us Z owners are looking for that pad that offers both good street and tracking performance!

Pagid RS-29

This would be the pad that you can cruise on the street with and have great performance and if you do occasional track days you will still get that same great performance you are looking for. These pads are the most common because they don't take long to heat up and they dont eat up rotors for the guys who dont want to replace them very often.

Pagid RS-19

This pad set up would be for the guys who do a little more track driving or just want even more performance over the RS-29 when driving their GTR. These pads do take a little more heat to warm up before you see their full potential 600°C (1,100°F). You will still have the rotor life just like the RS-29 making these still a practical pad for your average driver.

Anyone looking for more bite at the tracking or even on the street I would recommend the RS-15 Grey and the RS-14 Black.

RS-15 Grey

These are Pagids medium friction pads, used for more track use. These pads do require higher temps 700ºC (1,300ºF). It combines a 20% higher friction value than the RS14 with a slightly increased pad wear. Although the RS15 has a good controllability and release characteristic it needs finesse to avoid over braking the car, especially with lightweight cars or cars with boosted brakes. Applications: Touring cars, Rally cars (tarmac), GT cars, WSC, high down-force single-seaters, NASCAR.

RS-14 Black

Medium high friction racing compound with high initial bite, excellent release characteristic, very good modulation (controllability) and due to the high ceramic content low heat conductivity. RS14 has a low wear rate and is fade resistant up to a temperature of 650°C (1,200°F).

Questions regarding the pads? Let me know and I would be happy to help!