Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

Decisions on which one to get

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 05:59 PM
Jookmasta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Decisions on which one to get

well i'm now looking into get a coupe z and perhaps some of you could help me out so that i can make the best decision. first off, i'm trying to choose the trim that would suit me best as it's going to be a dd. so with that in mind, i'm eyeing the touring and enthusiast. now i'm not a stickler for the leather but i do want navi. all the other options are mute to me at this point as we all well know, the aftermarket scene can match if not best the differences between the two trims. i did use the search function on this forum and others and i still couldn't come up with a good amount of prices for which people paid for the touring trim. any prices that yall have paid or heard of people paying would be greatly appreciated.

i have also been watching the 07 thread and tho the new engine would be a perk, i would not be able to get as good of a deal on an 07 like an 06 since that's just how life is (lol). i'm located in south florida so if any of yall have any dealerships that you would recommend, i'm all ears. thanks in advance.
Old 10-30-2006, 06:08 PM
zstreet86

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when choosing leather as an option, dont forget to take into account the heat (sun damage) of your location, which will greatly determine the life of your leather. if you have access to enclosed parking then by all means go for the leather. i personally own a enthusaist with the optional 18" rims and have no regrets. i feel that it has all the goddies i need. cost was the major factor for me.
Old 10-30-2006, 06:14 PM
Jookmasta

well the car would definitely be in the shade as often as possible. with your optional 18" rims, does that come with the 19" rear rims? or is that only for the gt and track models. cost is definitely a major factor for me as 30K is really what the wallet is telling me. i could get my parents to make up the difference to the touring but that's the fork in the road where i am currently at. since u do have the enthusiast, i'm sure that you might have also sat in the touring. care to comment on the seats?
Old 10-30-2006, 06:24 PM
zstreet86

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mine is 18"s all the way around, i think the tire pressure sensors are cool, plusa big help as far as preventing a blow out. i live in el paso so heat is definately a factor. if i could park in a garage at home or if my car wouldnt sit out in the sun all day at school, i would have liked to have had leather, as i think it is far more comfortable. i cant complain about the cloth seats either. i think they look very stylish and i slide in and out of them smoothly. i bought my car used and this car was the best deal i came across and these are the options it had. but hey if you can afford the touring and keep it out of the sun for the most part, you should be able to make it last a long time. if you do decide to go touring, i would recomend investing in a good leather conditioner. but if your're going to buy the car from the dealer go and sit in both and decide for yourself if i can be of any other help feel free to ask. i am still e relatively new owner: only had mine for almost 4 months now
Old 10-30-2006, 06:28 PM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I don’t know which model suits your needs, but I can tell you what members are driving.
Old 10-30-2006, 06:45 PM
Jookmasta

performance equates to the grand touring i assume?
Old 10-30-2006, 07:31 PM
Swiffer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No, performance was a mix between the touring and enthusiast. It was only available for 03-05. It was pretty much a touring minus the leather and bose. Or you could say it was an enthusiast with 18" wheels and VDC.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:06 AM
Jookmasta

oh. thanks for the clarification. so the majority of people purchased the touring according to the graph. anyone know what some of these people payed for the touring trim tho?
Old 11-06-2006, 06:16 AM
davidv

Originally Posted by Jookmasta
oh. thanks for the clarification. so the majority of people purchased the touring according to the graph. anyone know what some of these people payed for the touring trim tho?
Find the 350Z that you want.
Consider the maximum that you are willing to pay.
Make an offer.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:22 AM
enthuZast

35k. i got the touring 2006 w/ nav, leather, bose,etc. worth every penny.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:23 AM
enthuZast

seats are great
Old 11-07-2006, 10:22 AM
Jookmasta

well i know what i would want to pay for it but i just want to get a good idea of what other people are paying OTD. obviously i would love to pay the least amount for it but you get my drift.

thanks enthuzast. did you have any nismo options on yours or any other options besides the navi and bose?
Old 11-07-2006, 11:21 AM
fleshstorm

I just bought an 06 Touring I went down to the dealership last night and renegotiated the price so Ill have to look at the paperwork and let you know how much the total was after the renegotiating. Ill tell you right now though I probably overpaid. But its exactly what I wanted and you only live once.

I was originally looking for an Enthusiast but decided that I wanted the leather and pwr/htd seats. The Bose system sounds horrible though. I wish I would have checked out an Enthusiast though cause I have never sat in the cloth seats but I can tell you that the leather is top notch. Very comfy.

Last edited by fleshstorm; 11-07-2006 at 11:24 AM.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:37 PM
davidv

Question

How is the shopping coming along?
Old 11-12-2006, 11:40 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

You cannot get Nav without Leather!
Old 11-15-2006, 04:20 PM
Jookmasta

well i've been researching the 07's and they are quite enticing. my only problem with them is that they won't be as cheap as the '06's so now i'm wondering if the new engine is worth the extra money. I've also decided that the best week to hunt down for the new z would be the last week in december. seems that most people (regardless of what brand of car) tend to score better prices as dealerships are wanting to move as much inventory before the year ends. what do yall think?
Old 11-15-2006, 05:25 PM
Swiffer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well i've been researching the 07's and they are quite enticing. my only problem with them is that they won't be as cheap as the '06's so now i'm wondering if the new engine is worth the extra money. I've also decided that the best week to hunt down for the new z would be the last week in december. seems that most people (regardless of what brand of car) tend to score better prices as dealerships are wanting to move as much inventory before the year ends. what do yall think?
The debate between the 06 and 07 models is up to you. The "better deal at the end of the month" logic is a myth. Go to a dealer, make them an offer, and go from there. Check out edmunds.com to see what the invoice, msrp, and "what others are paying" amounts are.
Old 11-22-2006, 04:33 AM
davidv

As time passes, the availability of 2006 decreases. Your selection of model and color becomes more limited.

This time of year you may have to take what you can get.
Old 11-22-2006, 08:20 PM
jshin10

I have to disagree with davidv. I think that as the '07 z's hit the market in january, the availiability of the '06's will increase consequently. I check these forums almost everyday and it seems the talk of selling current Z's and purchasing the '07 Z's are steadily increasing.

In my opinion, the best time to buy a used Z is AFTER the '07 models come out. Happy Z hunting!
Old 12-22-2006, 05:56 AM
davidv

Question

Originally Posted by davidv
This time of year you may have to take what you can get.

Quick Reply: Decisions on which one to get