Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

Hold The Rice?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 01:52 PM
drivenCSZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SargentZ
Ahhh the endless balance between class and rice. Seems to lean towards class as one gets older.

i think you really have to try to rice out a Z...its been done before dont get me wrong

all you have to do is check out pics on here...for the most part I think people usually keep it pretty classy. If it's done correctly and the fitment is on and the lines flow, and colors match and you've got some performance to back it up...you cant go to wrong.

I dont claim to have a very artisitic eye but its not hard to pick out something that looks like poo(or is just retardly unfunctional)
Old 03-13-2007, 02:09 PM
Saikou

I maybe one of the few "younger" people out there, being the age of 18, who prefers class or over rice. IMO 350z should be as clean as possible ie no graphics crazy over the top body kits (that don't even make it look like a Z anymore), Neon lights, ect. I believe to put to much on a car makes it look cheaper than it really is. People have to know when not to put too much. It all about control and moderation. A perfect example of upgrades gone good is James's 2003 Silverstone Vertex Z

https://my350z.com/photogallery/showgallery.php?cat=603

that to me is one of the most perfect z's

Another is NITROUZ's 420TT Z.
https://my350z.com/photogallery/showgallery.php?cat=563
Old 03-13-2007, 03:59 PM
drivenCSZ

Originally Posted by Saikou
I maybe one of the few "younger" people out there, being the age of 18, who prefers class or over rice. IMO 350z should be as clean as possible ie no graphics crazy over the top body kits (that don't even make it look like a Z anymore), Neon lights, ect. I believe to put to much on a car makes it look cheaper than it really is. People have to know when not to put too much. It all about control and moderation. A perfect example of upgrades gone good is James's 2003 Silverstone Vertex Z

https://my350z.com/photogallery/showgallery.php?cat=603

that to me is one of the most perfect z's

Another is NITROUZ's 420TT Z.
https://my350z.com/photogallery/showgallery.php?cat=563

good examples...both very clean, very flowing, everything is proffesional and it still looks very different than a stock Z. Its not too hard to mod a Z nicely.
Old 03-13-2007, 04:59 PM
Kevins350z

make sure you dont put one of these on your car then you should be fine..
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/pts/292219668.html
Old 03-13-2007, 05:09 PM
q8z

Originally Posted by Kevins350z

Damnnnn thats a new definition of ricers!!!!!!
Old 03-13-2007, 05:38 PM
SargentZ

Originally Posted by Kevins350z

Not ricer but worse...poser!
Old 03-13-2007, 06:37 PM
twotonetrack

It's tough to mod the exterior without being dubbed rice...but not as hard as with an Evo.
Old 03-13-2007, 06:47 PM
cavallino33

I'm in the monority here but personally I really like the way the Z looks stock. The only "appearance" mod I'd do is wheels but no larger than 18. It looks good lowered a little bit but its not really practical for me. I've yet to see any spoilers and body kits I'd like. As for the interior I wouldn't change a thing. I really don't get the big sound system thing, I've turned my radio on once since I've gotten the car. It seems alot of people mod just to look modded without taking into account that it really looks good without mods. Honestly most of the cars here seem too ricey, or maybe flashy is a better word to me. I like the stealth look. So to sumarize my perfect Z would look stock except for rims and have a bunch of performance mods underneath.....but that would be if had mod money.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:18 PM
ctzn
inquisative

Originally Posted by cavallino33
I'm in the monority here but personally I really like the way the Z looks stock. The only "appearance" mod I'd do is wheels but no larger than 18. It looks good lowered a little bit but its not really practical for me. I've yet to see any spoilers and body kits I'd like. As for the interior I wouldn't change a thing. I really don't get the big sound system thing, I've turned my radio on once since I've gotten the car. It seems alot of people mod just to look modded without taking into account that it really looks good without mods. Honestly most of the cars here seem too ricey, or maybe flashy is a better word to me. I like the stealth look. So to sumarize my perfect Z would look stock except for rims and have a bunch of performance mods underneath.....but that would be if had mod money.
+1, could not agree more.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:34 PM
NightRida

Just curious? Why would 18 be the biggest size rim? Want the truth, a nice set of 19 inch or 20inch deep dish rims looks baller on a Z.
And then lowered of course! Everything else stock is fine, except performance mods of course!
Peace!
Old 03-14-2007, 06:01 AM
cavallino33

Originally Posted by NightRida
Just curious? Why would 18 be the biggest size rim? Want the truth, a nice set of 19 inch or 20inch deep dish rims looks baller on a Z.
And then lowered of course! Everything else stock is fine, except performance mods of course!
Peace!
I just don't like the look and the weight. 18 look like the right size in proportion to the car. I'm just not a fan of the "baller gangsta" look If I wanted to put big rims on something I would have bought and escalade. I just my personal preference everyonelese can love there 20 in wheels 28's and what not.

Last edited by cavallino33; 03-14-2007 at 06:08 AM.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:05 AM
Saikou

i think 19in Wheels (note no bigger than 21's should be seen on Z's) are not baller they look pretty clean.... i personally don't like the words baller or gangster. I used to when i was younger (take into account I'm only 18). These words are really young and should not be associated with 350z's. 350z arent ment to look "gangster".
Old 03-15-2007, 06:04 AM
cavallino33

Originally Posted by Saikou
i personally don't like the words baller or gangster
Neither do I that was my point in respsones to night ridas comment that "nice set of 19 inch or 20inch deep dish rims looks baller on a Z"

It's just that when I see a Z with big wheels I think of these

Last edited by cavallino33; 03-15-2007 at 06:13 AM.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:05 PM
Saikou

Neither do I that was my point in respsones to night ridas comment that "nice set of 19 inch or 20inch deep dish rims looks baller on a Z"

It's just that when I see a Z with big wheels I think of these
haha i feel the same way.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:11 PM
Electricchild

+1. Part of the reason I feel this way is my parents would kill me if I wasted money on mods instead of on school hahaha! But that will soon change once I get a job this year muhahah.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:33 PM
NightRida

Im 29 and the word baller is NOT the same as gangster IMHO.
Whateverfloat yours boat......I mean Z!
Peace!
ps. how about this...19's or 20's wth a deep lip look "SWEET!"
Is that better? lol