Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

2007 pricing

Old 03-20-2007, 09:34 PM
SunsetSunrise

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb 2007 pricing

How much over invoice did you pay for your 2007 Z?
Old 03-20-2007, 09:47 PM
Phantom Menace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SunsetSunrise
How much over invoice did you pay for your 2007 Z?
I got mine for $500 under. Nissan is having the "100k Car Sales Event!" They even threw in an aftermarket DVD/CD/MP3/Navi with back-up camera. They Jedi-mind tricked me into gettin the extended warranty and Gap Insurance, though...

I'm thinking about canceling my warranty because I have GEICO, and GEICO offers Mechanical Breakdown Insurance. Similar to a warranty but you pay $250 per warranty incident....
Old 03-20-2007, 09:51 PM
Electricchild

Originally Posted by Phantom Menace
I got mine for $500 under. Nissan is having the "100k Car Sales Event!" They even threw in an aftermarket DVD/CD/MP3/Navi with back-up camera. They Jedi-mind tricked me into gettin the extended warranty and Gap Insurance, though...

I'm thinking about canceling my warranty because I have GEICO, and GEICO offers Mechanical Breakdown Insurance. Similar to a warranty but you pay $250 per warranty incident....
Sounds like you got a really good deal!
Old 03-20-2007, 10:07 PM
SunsetSunrise

Originally Posted by Electricchild
Sounds like you got a really good deal!
$500 under invoice or MSRP?
Old 03-20-2007, 11:46 PM
visionz

Originally Posted by Phantom Menace

I got my '07 Touring for $850 below invoice last Sunday and bought the gap insurance.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:05 AM
TheGest

Originally Posted by visionz
I got my '07 Touring for $850 below invoice last Sunday and bought the gap insurance.
nice what dealership, i guess they are backing up there 100,000 sales event

Last edited by TheGest; 03-21-2007 at 12:12 AM.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:22 AM
Phantom Menace

Originally Posted by SunsetSunrise
$500 under invoice or MSRP?
Invoice...my car was the "floor" model. That's why it had the camera and aftermarket head unit. The ups of a floor model, on one hand, is that it was NEVER test driven by customers. My car had 5 miles on the ODO and I'm assuming that was from the mechanics. Also, it was inside and never saw rain, and was cleaned daily. The down sides, on the other hand, is that EVERYBODY interested in anykind of Nissan sat in my ****! There are a few scuffs on the rear bumper (not really scratches, just lines on the clear coat) from people leaning in the hatch.

All-in-all, I feel as if I got a good deal given their inventory and that I took advantage of the "100k Car Sales Event." I'm not one of those guys who "gets everything for cheap." I'm not good at haggling and I don't hold back my enthusiasm if I like the car. Alls I say is, this is how much I have and this is how much I want to pay per month. If they give something over, I walk.

They wanted to charge me for some stupid thing called "Phantom Numbers." I almost got it cause of the "Phantom" part . It's a stupid black light activated number on parts of the car that will shine through paint. The theory goes, if someone steals your car and repaints it...the number will still shine under a black light!

Also, I feel that I got gypted on the Gap Insurance. I put "0" down, and the finance guy said that the bank insists on it. I later found out that I can get Gap Insurance for as low as $100. I paid around $450. I'd get it privatley and cancel it but GEICO doesn't offer Gap Insurance and I don't know if I can get just Gap Insurance elsewhere. The extended warranty was pricey as well. Honda's extended warranty is never over $1k. Nissan took me for $2k. I'm thinking about cancelling it though as I've posted above.

The thing is, I think Nissan gave me a good price on the car then, tried to tack on "extras" such as Gap Insurance & the extended warranty after the fact to try and make their money back. Plus, I've heard that most of their comission $$$ comes from the B/S they sell you...like PermaPlate! pfft.

Last edited by Phantom Menace; 03-21-2007 at 12:25 AM.
Old 03-21-2007, 03:29 PM
ZLadie2000
Banned

^^ Yeah I also got a great deal on the stick price but they got me on the extended warranty and gap insurance...

You can cancel the extended warranty??? How do you go about doing that? And is there any kind of penalty? I think I want to do this...the extended warranty was about 2k for me too
Old 03-21-2007, 04:33 PM
SunsetSunrise

I can get it for about $300 to $500 over invoice.
No additional charges.
Old 03-24-2007, 02:01 AM
Phantom Menace

Originally Posted by ZLadie2000
^^ Yeah I also got a great deal on the stick price but they got me on the extended warranty and gap insurance...

You can cancel the extended warranty??? How do you go about doing that? And is there any kind of penalty? I think I want to do this...the extended warranty was about 2k for me too
They will LIE and LIE to you but you CAN cancel it. If you do it within 30-90 days, you will get ZERO penalties, depending on the contract (30, 60, or 90 days to cancel). After the set period, they will then, pro-rate your refund. Either way, it's less on your loan! Most of the finance guy's $$$ comes from these stupid sales. When buying the car, the finance guy was the COOLEST person in the world! When I came back to canx my warranty...he became a desperate, sad, and scary man.
To cancel you must:
1) Take no BS and keep your witts about you
2) Type a formal letter to your nissan dealership requesting that they cancel the Extneded Warranty. In this letter include atleast: vin, contract number, cancellation effective date, cost & type of warranty (e.g. security gold plus), and your signature
3) Go to dealership with a copy of your letter and fill out a "form" for Warranty Cancellation.

Now, I MUST stress how HARD they will fight you on this. I had to nearly, cuss the Sales Mgr and Finance guy out because they were like rabid dogs! I told them about Geico's Insurance coverange and they tried EVERY trick in the book from, "no, you can't cancel it's too late..." to "your monthly payments will not go down, just cut the term by a few months..." they even went so low as to say, "your resale value will drop much more without it because people know you take car of your car since you had/have an extended warranty..." At each step FIGHT and FIGHT HARD. Fight because they will FIGHT! They will even bring in the mechanics to provide "expert" testimony on the "poor, unfortunate" souls that came in "needing a new engine" and had to pay out of pocket because they did not have the extended warranty...To me, it was like reeling in an 800lbs. Marlin or something. I spent, trying to cancel my extended warranty, over two hours at the dealership. They'd make me wait and say that they'd have to "see" if I can canx it, etc, etc. I admit, they almost broke me down. But the more BS they threw at me the more I wanted to stand fast. By acting so desparate and outlandishly lying to me, they only made it more evident how much of a price inflation the extended warranty really is! I may keep my car over 5 years, and I may trade it in after 3-4 years. In either case, if I should want an extended warranty on top of my Geico coverage, I'll just purchase it outright when I'll have a better perspective on how "problematic" the Z may or may not be...

To them, you are taking the Gold Rolex away from their slimmy wrists or even taking food from their children's stomach's! Just keep saying, "NO! I'm probably not keeping the car over 2-3 years anyways..." or "$2 grand is $2 grand! Either in 48 months or in 1 month, it's money from MY pocket!" However, my personal favorite is, "I really don't care, give me my money back!" The best thing to do is, bring about 3-4 friends/family members with you. On the way there, tell all of them NOT TO LET YOU WALK OUT WITHOUT CANCELING the extended warranty. That way, if they try to smooth over one friend/family member, you'll have 2-3 more saying "no, no, no." And belive me they, will try and appeal to every one you bring with you and ask them to "talk some sense into you." Bring the most stubborn people you know...

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Phantom Menace; 03-24-2007 at 02:21 AM.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:20 AM
BlitzKrieg//

Just got a base CS 07 here in NY, took 1100 off of sticker (which is True Market Value according to Edmunds.com for my area), and 850 more on my trade (using Galves). So in all, I guess it was an OK deal.

For your info....do your homework....pay the 4.95 for a one day use of Galves (if you have a trade), as well as buying the car guide from ConsumerReports.org. I couldnt find any deals anywhere on the web regarding incentives, etc, but the ConsumerReports 350z rundown paid for itself (14.95) when I found that there was a dealer holdback of $522 on the Z at the time of purchase.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:24 PM
350Z_LEE

You all "think" you got it for under invoice...
Old 04-04-2007, 12:54 PM
SargentZ

Its all relative...There's dealer invoice, regular invoice, dealer holdbacks (600 for the Z), incentives, etc.

Anything at or under Dealer invoice is a good deal in my book.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:01 PM
ArCtM

edmunds invoice is what I shop with it's way lower than the invoie the dealer will show you. Dont let them discredit the invoice price by saying " tell edmunds to sell you a car" if they try this tell them to suck a d!ck and walk.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:36 PM
bacalhau16

I use a mix of all different sites. Edmunds is a very helpful site though.

When trades are involved, I typically use NADA for the trade-in value, and tell KBB to kiss my a** because they are typically priced too low on trade in value.

All this 07 Z talk is so tempting. I was so content with my 03 until now and the 07 being so much faster and all.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:11 AM
KManZ
Banned

Originally Posted by SargentZ
Its all relative...There's dealer invoice, regular invoice, dealer holdbacks (600 for the Z), incentives, etc.

Anything at or under Dealer invoice is a good deal in my book.
So pricing a 2007 Enthusiast at:

MSRP/Invoice: 29,600/ 27,375

Airbags: 620
Floor Mats: 90
Trunk Mat: 70
Kick Plates: 110
Aero Pkg: 530

Destination: 615

MSRP/Invoice: 31,635/ 29,132

What is the actual dealer invoice, regular invoice and the hold back for this car?? I have heard of hold back, but never really didn't know what it was.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:32 AM
SargentZ

Dealer Holdback (google is your friend )

Dealer holdback is a percentage of either the MSRP or invoice price of a new vehicle (depending on the manufacturer) that is repaid to the dealer by the manufacturer. The holdback is designed to supplement the dealer's cash flow and indirectly reduce "variable sales expenses" (code words for sales commissions) by artificially elevating the dealership's paper cost)

I'm getting my enthusiast with the same option as you minus the aero-kit for 28760. MSRP was about 31,550.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:38 AM
jmark

Helped neg a 2007 350ZR for $200 over invoice.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:15 AM
KManZ
Banned

Originally Posted by SargentZ
Dealer Holdback (google is your friend )

I'm getting my enthusiast with the same option as you minus the aero-kit for 28760. MSRP was about 31,550.

Yeah, as soon as I hit "Submit Reply" I googled and got the low down on dealer holdback. Here are my calculations then:

MSRP/Invoice: 31,635/ 29,132

Dealer Hold Back: 31,020*2% = $620.40 (31635- Destination 615)
Dealer Invoice: 29,132 - 620.40 = $28511.60

So here are the numbers: 28,511 - 29,132 - 31635. I don't mind paying 29,500 for the car.. still fair for the dealership and me.

What about student discount? When I sold it was a $500 off.. what if they agree to 29,500, and then I say "I graduated a month ago ", will they go under invoice for me? Or, is the $500 offered from Nissan, so the dealership will still prosper?
Old 04-05-2007, 11:35 AM
SargentZ

Only the dealer can answer that but beware as there are fees to consider. Document Fee, Loan Acquistion Fee, Plates, etc. just don't finance the fees and you'll be fine. 29,500 is not bad.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2007 pricing