Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

Easy way to tell differences in 350z models

Old 09-28-2012, 04:40 PM
kyoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

which 2008 models come with the brembo? most used car websites i see, none of the 08s have brembos..
Old 09-29-2012, 08:44 AM
jerseystyle
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kyoo
which 2008 models come with the brembo? most used car websites i see, none of the 08s have brembos..
Originally Posted by Voboy
06 and up

BASE - Nothing on the steering wheel

Enthusiast - Cloth Seats, No Brembos, Steering wheel controls all there, TCS

Touring - Leather seats, BOSE, No Brembos, Steering wheel controls all there, VDC (6MT only)

Grand Touring - Leather seats, BOSE, Brembos, Steering wheel controls all there, VDC (6MT only)

Edit: by leather seats I mean w/ heated switches and automatic controls on the sides toward bottom of seat.
Also, the 07/08 NISMO Comes stock with Brembos.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:21 AM
kyoo

hmm i must be looking at the wrong used car sites.. the only 08 ive seen with brembos is the nismo, not even the gt's
Old 09-29-2012, 09:59 AM
MemphisZVert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This may or may not help...but if you download the "bar code scanner" app on a smart phone...go out and scan the little bar code on the tag inside your driver's side door...you can pull up the original factory window sticker...did it for my mustang when I sold it...guy wanted to see what options it had when I ordered it...I'm sure it will work on these cars also....the window sticker should say what trim and a list of all original options on the car...
Old 09-29-2012, 06:49 PM
kyoo

Originally Posted by MemphisZVert
This may or may not help...but if you download the "bar code scanner" app on a smart phone...go out and scan the little bar code on the tag inside your driver's side door...you can pull up the original factory window sticker...did it for my mustang when I sold it...guy wanted to see what options it had when I ordered it...I'm sure it will work on these cars also....the window sticker should say what trim and a list of all original options on the car...
sweet
Old 08-23-2013, 11:43 PM
ItsPajamaTime

So i just bought a 2005 and the guy told me it was an Enthusiast...but it has Bose...soo does that mean its a touring??
Old 12-17-2013, 07:10 AM
dfresh713
Master

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MemphisZVert
Anyone have any luck with this App? Currently in a dispute with the insurance company - they are claiming my car is an enthusiast when it's a touring.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:01 AM
RoadSurfer

Expected this post to show as a response to an earlier one.

In any case, my '03 Track came with the original base stereo.

Last edited by RoadSurfer; 02-09-2014 at 07:04 AM.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:16 AM
KornerCarver

Received 171 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadSurfer
Expected this post to show as a response to an earlier one.

In any case, my '03 Track came with the original base stereo.
I don't think the '03 Track or any year Track model came with the Bose stereo.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:26 AM
RUNWDVL

Received 236 Likes on 135 Posts

Here's mine which is weird. Have Bose, cruise, heated seats, TCS but 17 in and non brembo. It's like the luxury package but not the performance. May try the bar code scanner...
Old 02-09-2014, 07:36 AM
KornerCarver

Received 171 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by RUNWDVL
Here's mine which is weird. Have Bose, cruise, heated seats, TCS but 17 in and non brembo. It's like the luxury package but not the performance. May try the bar code scanner...
You didn't say if you have an anutomatic transmission, but you seem to be describing an automatic Touring.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:43 AM
RUNWDVL

Received 236 Likes on 135 Posts

Sorry about that, it's auto...
Old 04-02-2014, 11:49 AM
xcuzme

Default how to determine the trim level of your 350z

There are a lot of well-intentioned opinions offered on this site over the years as to how to determine the trim level of a 350z. I have attempted to use these opinions to determine the trim level of well over 100 cars and have yet to find a method/formula that is always correct. Just when I think I have perfected the methodology I run into a car that proves me wrong. So I decided to pose the question directly to Nissan.

Nissan responded, in email and in a phone call, that there are only three ways to insure you know the correct trim level of a 350z: 1) look at the original window sticker, 2) contact Nissan and provide them the VIN or 3) contact a Nissan dealer and provide them the VIN. According to Nissan, their dealers' service departments have access to the same data base as does Nissan Customer Service. I have tried all 3 methods.

Using the window sticker method works every time. However, finding a 350z with the original window sticker has proven to have a very low probability. You either have the sticker or you don't and most of the time you don't. This is especially true of roadsters which tend to change hands more frequently than the coupes.

Contacting Nissan on several occasions has been a very easy and pleasant experience. Contact Nissan USA customer service at 1-800-647-7261 or nnaconsumeraffairs@nissan-usa.com. Tell them you want to know the trim level - i.e. base,enthusiast, touring, etc. - and provide them the VIN. In each case of contacting them, I received a phone call and a letter via email that confirmed in writing the correct trim level.

Per Nissan instructions, I also contacted a couple of dealers' service departments and asked them to confirm the trim level of a specific car. My experience with the dealers was less than satisfactory. Bottom line, the service departments did not want to be bothered with my question and they told me they could not help me. Rather ironic that a service department does not want to provide service.

Beware of the opinion that using the Certification label on the door frame will tell you the trim level. It will not (I verified this with Nissan). At the bottom of the Certification Label you will see "Color:", followed by a code and "Trim:", followed by a one letter code (usually "G"). The "Trim:" code will give you some information about the options added to that particular vehicle, but it will not tell you all options nor will it tell you what options, if any, where added at the dealership.The "Trim:" code has nothing to do with the trim level (base, enthusiast, touring, etc.).

So, in spite of all our best efforts to devise a means of determining by sight what trim level a particular 350z is, you can only be certain if you 1) have the original window sticker or 2) contact Nissan and get it in writing from them. Researching this has helped me avoid some frustration whenever I evaluate a 350z. Hope it helps you.

My hope is that if enough of us contact Nissan looking for clarification of car's trim level that we will tie up enough of their customer service resources that Nissan will choose to put a link on their website that allows us to enter a VIN to get the information we are looking for. One can always dream....
Old 04-17-2014, 09:27 PM
DriveLotus

Originally Posted by xcuzme
There are a lot of well-intentioned opinions offered on this site over the years as to how to determine the trim level of a 350z. I have attempted to use these opinions to determine the trim level of well over 100 cars and have yet to find a method/formula that is always correct. Just when I think I have perfected the methodology I run into a car that proves me wrong. So I decided to pose the question directly to Nissan
Frankly this is incorrect information. As stated certain brakes came on certain models, the home link mirror came on certain models. This isn't rocket science. The VIN tells the model
Old 04-21-2014, 03:11 PM
xcuzme

You say the VIN tells the model but you did not tell us how to do it. Seriously, if the VIN tells you what trim level a Z is please tell us how you read the VIN to determine if a Z, sight unseen, is a certain trim level. That will save me from driving 50 miles to see a Z that the owner says is a particular model because it has certain options, only to find out later it is actually a 'lesser' model with a few options the owner added/changed along the way. In my 23 year profession as an automobile industry analyst I have found Zs to be one of the most consistently and frequently modified cars simply because they are relatively easy to work on. That's why I let Nissan tell me what trim level it really is.

Before writing my previous post I asked two of my contacts at Nissan USA how to read the VIN to determine if a car is a base, enthusiast, touring, etc. They both told me it can't be done without linking the VIN to Nissan's internal data base. If it were as simple as decoding the VIN why has the question of determining the trim level continued to come up repeatedly since 2003? Please enlighten us about how to read the VIN to know that information. Then I'll call Nissan and let them know how to do it.
Old 07-28-2014, 08:13 PM
Max Abbas

Default 04 350z?

ok so from the responses i have the following

tcs, leather seats, power seats, heated with buttons on center control, cruise control, Bose system, 18 inch alloy. and its an auto

what model is this then?!
Old 03-30-2015, 06:08 PM
DanZ33

Ok after reading several pages I turn out to be more confused than when I started.

This is my car:

Nissan 350z 2006 (Track... I think) and it has:

-Brembos
- 6MT
- VDC Button
- No diffuser... not noticeable at least.
- Leather electric seats
- Bose
- Cruise and Stereo controls in the steering wheel.
- Seat heater
- Single intake engine (non HR... but Rev Up?)
- 35th anniversary 18" wheels.

Bottom line, I have stuff from all models and I got my car from an older fellow who wasn't into racing and/or modifications.

Also, I would LOVE to know of my car is equipped with a LSD or not... by obvious reasons it seems not to have one since it one locks one tire when I try to: Launch, burnout or donuts.

HEEEELPPP!!!
Old 03-30-2015, 09:17 PM
xcuzme

Last year I supplied the phone number and email address of Nissan Customer Service where, by providing them the VIN of your Z, they will tell you exactly which trim level you have. Since that time some saintly person at my350z.com has added a VIN decoder on this website that will tell you exactly which trim level you have. You get the same result as if you had called/emailed Nissan but the decoder is much quicker and easier. Just use this link -https://my350z.com/forum/vindecoder.php.

I tried the decoder for both my Zs and it worked perfectly. I also tried it for ten Zs listed on Craigslist (the only ones I could find in my area that actually provided a VIN in their Craigslist post) and then I followed up with Nissan to confirm the trim level. So far the decoder is 12 for 12.

Many thanks to the person(s) who took the initiative to add the decoder and solve the never-ending question "Which trim level is my Z?"
Old 03-31-2015, 03:10 AM
DanZ33

My car is JDM....
Old 03-21-2017, 12:38 AM
Nissanislife

Question Which model so I have?!

Originally Posted by JDMFairladyZ33
I know your list is "easiest way" but I'll add other stuff to the list:

-Base: no cruise control buttons on steering wheel.
no power rear mirrior, aluminum pedals or kick panel, or TPMS
no limited slip, VDC or TCS.
no HID
17" wheels standard
no BOSE
Navigation is not available

-Enthusiast: TCS button on lower dash below steering wheel
no heater switches for seats.
17" wheels standard
no BOSE
no VDC
no TPMS
no aluminum kick panel

-Performance: VDC button on lower dash
no heater switches or leather
no Brembo brakes.
18" wheel standard
TPMS
No BOSE
no aluminum kick panel

-Touring: Heater buttons on center console.
Includes all Performance package except 18" standard on MT
option for AT
Solid aluminum kick panel
BOSE system

-Track: Brembo brakes and VDC button.
Front and rear under body diffuser
BOSE system
All Performance package
Unique 18" track Ray's light weight wheels

So my Z has TCS, Heated Seats, HID, Bose, leather, 17" rims, power seats, no navigation, AT, universal garage opener. It's an '03

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Easy way to tell differences in 350z models