Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

Torn between an 03 350z and a couple non-350z cars

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 06:42 AM
TuckerE36

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

OP congrats on deciding on the Z after much debate! Now your first change to that Z should be to ditch the blue interior LED's and change them to white, I feel it will make your interior "Pop" so to speak. Then for the love of man get rid of those nasty blue HID's. If you can swing it look for a good used set of 06+ headlights. If those are too expensive then swap the bulbs to no more than 6k TOPS!!! Light output should be more important than color. Safety first!
Old 02-09-2014, 06:49 AM
Jah70

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TuckerE36
OP congrats on deciding on the Z after much debate! Now your first change to that Z should be to ditch the blue interior LED's and change them to white, I feel it will make your interior "Pop" so to speak. Then for the love of man get rid of those nasty blue HID's. If you can swing it look for a good used set of 06+ headlights. If those are too expensive then swap the bulbs to no more than 6k TOPS!!! Light output should be more important than color. Safety first!
And put some gas in that thing. I get a panic attack every time I see a gas gauge go below half. Also that intake is rubbish and probably not much better maybe worse than stock. You need one that extends down into the bumper right behind the yellow side marker to breath in the nice cold filthy cancerous air. You'll have to remove the side markers and replace them with some type of mesh though.

Last edited by Jah70; 02-09-2014 at 07:00 AM.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:44 AM
Whiteazn2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who listens to cds? Just get aftermarket indash and u can listen through bluetooth.
Old 02-09-2014, 11:34 AM
Jah70

Originally Posted by Whiteazn2
Who listens to cds? Just get aftermarket indash and u can listen through bluetooth.
Or just get a transmitter that can do both.
Old 02-10-2014, 04:45 AM
Saberspark

Thanks. And yeah, I didn't know their output would be as bad as it is. I was hoping I wouldn't have to replace them so early on.

Originally Posted by Jah70
And put some gas in that thing. I get a panic attack every time I see a gas gauge go below half. Also that intake is rubbish and probably not much better maybe worse than stock. You need one that extends down into the bumper right behind the yellow side marker to breath in the nice cold filthy cancerous air. You'll have to remove the side markers and replace them with some type of mesh though.
lol yeah, they put a little gas in for me, and I filled up the rest.

Don't remember if I mentioned it in my last post, but now I notice a burning oil smell. Wunderbar.
Old 02-10-2014, 05:14 AM
Jah70

Originally Posted by Saberspark

Don't remember if I mentioned it in my last post, but now I notice a burning oil smell. Wunderbar.
That is odd. Did you thoroughly inspect it before you bought it? Check all fluid levels, look underneath the car for any rust, leaking lines etc.? I started my Z up recently and smelled a burning oil smell but that is because I got a little bit of WD40 on the exhaust by mistake. Unless you or the dealer coated the undercarriage with oil and accidentally got some on the exhaust by mistake you shouldn't smell anything besides the exhaust somewhat having a weird smell when you first start it up but goes away. Did you have the heat on full blast? Did you smell it from the inside with the doors and windows closed or can you smell it coming from the outside of the car? Did you eat any Mexican food causing you to accidentally rip *** but didn't know it? That could also be it too.

Last edited by Jah70; 02-10-2014 at 05:18 AM.
Old 02-10-2014, 06:11 AM
allshownogo

Originally Posted by Whiteazn2
Or just get a transmitter that can do both.
who listens to music? i tend to roll my windows down and enjoy the engine and exhaust note.
Old 02-10-2014, 06:32 AM
Saberspark

That is odd. Did you thoroughly inspect it before you bought it? Check all fluid levels, look underneath the car for any rust, leaking lines etc.? I started my Z up recently and smelled a burning oil smell but that is because I got a little bit of WD40 on the exhaust by mistake. Unless you or the dealer coated the undercarriage with oil and accidentally got some on the exhaust by mistake you shouldn't smell anything besides the exhaust somewhat having a weird smell when you first start it up but goes away. Did you have the heat on full blast? Did you smell it from the inside with the doors and windows closed or can you smell it coming from the outside of the car? Did you eat any Mexican food causing you to accidentally rip *** but didn't know it? That could also be it too.
I didn't look under the car, to be honest. As far as when I smell it, I can sometimes smell it through the car with windows up.
Old 02-10-2014, 06:34 AM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

Get under and check for leaks.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:27 AM
Saberspark

Originally Posted by Syner
Get under and check for leaks.
Yup yup. That's all going to have to wait a bit as I didn't drive the car to work today. Roads are a bit messed up from the seemingly never ending waves of snow, the most recent being last night. Took the Blazer instead.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:30 AM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

Yup yup. That's all going to have to wait a bit as I didn't drive the car to work today. Roads are a bit messed up from the seemingly never ending waves of snow, the most recent being last night. Took the Blazer instead.
good call.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:17 AM
Jah70

I hope your keeping the blazer as a backup.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:23 AM
TuckerE36

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I hope your keeping the blazer as a backup.
Op said he's keeping the blazer as a beater if I'm not mistaken.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:14 AM
soc_monki

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the smell could be from the seal where the driveshaft enters the transmission. mine has a slight leak there, and its right over the Y pipe, and you can smell it. i need to get the seal and see how much my guy is going to charge me to change it, but it shouldnt be much (i hope). the seal is cheap, about 6 bucks. if i had a way to get the car up i would do it myself, but at the moment i dont.

check and see if you have a drip around the Y pipe after driving. i have the Nismo exhaust, so it allows the fluid to drip on the ground when im not moving. not sure if the stock y pipe blocks it or not...but its something to look at.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:20 AM
Saberspark

Op said he's keeping the blazer as a beater if I'm not mistaken.
Right you are. Keeping it for days like today. And my dad is taking it to have the radio issues checked out tomorrow. And then I'll need Blazer again on Thursday, maybe Wednesday depending on what time the snow starts again
Old 02-20-2014, 12:48 PM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Looks nice but why does your shifter say P, D and N?
Must be a race car!
Old 02-20-2014, 04:59 PM
sportyaccordy

If the roads in Philly are rough pass on the Z. I drove my Z up to NYC to visit and hated it. The roads beat the **** out of it
Old 02-21-2014, 06:42 AM
Justin100

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by davidv
Must be a race car!
probably decided to go to aventador/F1 formula race car route