Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

Help me convince my father im making a good choice here.

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 01:02 PM
Raptor5150

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by travlee
coppell/lewisville/grapevine triangle.... where they all kinda come together
You should definitely take me for a ride in your Z it looks so awesome. I might be test driving a manual 350 later today to get a real feel for one.

Copy and paste for the lazy on the end of page one:

Speaking of financial situation I pretty much am on a fixed income until I get my settlement money from my accident next month and my 2002 impala is paid off and my dad pays for insurance so basic maintenance is all it really needs and its in great shape just like nismodude 1 for fun 1 for practicality. So im good on that front and thank you all for the advice.

I've decided to continue my plan and show my dad over time how good of a car this can be and im making a solid decision for once. He will understand and I will be keeping service records and all that to really stick it in his face.

Z OWNERS FOR LIFE! Or at least till my back can no longer handle it when I get old.

Last edited by Raptor5150; 08-30-2014 at 01:03 PM.
Old 08-30-2014, 02:43 PM
travlee
Master

Received 9,047 Likes on 6,513 Posts

q....... where the hell you been? i have an 08 with 77k miles and still running strong
Old 08-30-2014, 04:04 PM
Bellisima_Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Raptor5150
Enthusiast Z so no Brembos at all.

Speaking of financial situation I pretty much am on a fixed income until I get my settlement money from my accident next month and my 2002 impala is paid off and my dad pays for insurance so basic maintenance is all it really needs and its in great shape just like nismodude 1 for fun 1 for practicality. So im good on that front and thank you all for the advice.

I've decided to continue my plan and show my dad over time how good of a car this can be and im making a solid decision for once. He will understand and I will be keeping service records and all that to really stick it in his face.

Z OWNERS FOR LIFE! Or at least till my back can no longer handle it when I get old.
Your still on the nipple... pay all of your own bills first then consider the z. Also rarely does someone keep it stock. A good exhaust system alone will cost you $1700+, and a quality big brake kit (?)...ha, that can be upwards of $3500, and once you start modding it's almost impossible to stop. It has a funny way of making you want more and more....and more! Across the board, quality parts on these cars are far from cheap. Just something to think about. Can you afford it stock, sure maybe, question is will you REALLY be satisfied with it like that in the long run?....i highly doubt it. The "look" of the car will eventually ware off and you will inevitably then turn your attention to very expensive shiny things that make it go vroom vrooom... and therein lies the money pit.

My
Old 08-30-2014, 04:13 PM
Raptor5150

Originally Posted by Bellisima_Z
Your still on the nipple... pay all of your own bills first then consider the z. Also rarely does someone keep it stock. A good exhaust system alone will cost you $1700+, and a quality big brake kit (?)...ha, that can be upwards of $3500, and once you start modding it's almost impossible to stop. It has a funny way of making you want more and more....and more! Across the board, quality parts on these cars are far from cheap. Just something to think about. Can you afford it stock, sure maybe, question is will you REALLY be satisfied with it like that in the long run?....i highly doubt it. The "look" of the car will eventually ware off and you will inevitably then turn your attention to very expensive shiny things that make it go vroom vrooom... and therein lies the money pit.

My
I ment my dad pays for the impala insurance and thats it. Thats atleast like 30$ a month more for him. Everything else I foot the bill including rent and utilities. (And insurance for the Z) Exhaust would already come with the car i'd be looking at ill make sure it sounds nice to my ears. And a Big Brake Kit wont come until much later. And sure Id be more than satisfied with it being stock or atleast having an aftermarket intake.. Its way more power than my current car gets and I can have fun with it when I want.

Last edited by Raptor5150; 08-30-2014 at 04:18 PM.
Old 08-30-2014, 04:21 PM
Bellisima_Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ment my dad pays for the impala insurance and thats it. Thats atleast like 30$ a month more for him. Everything else I foot the bill including rent and utilities. Exhaust would already come with the car i'd be looking at ill make sure it sounds nice to my ears. And a Big Brake Kit wont come until much later. And sure Id be more than satisfied with it being stock or atleast having an aftermarket intake.. Its way more power than my current car gets and I can have fun with it when I want.
.... ok man, you heard the first sentence of my post and then puffed up and missed the whole point of what I was trying to say. Good luck with it and enjoy it, but .....if and when you do start your mods PM me so i can say i told you so

Last edited by Bellisima_Z; 08-30-2014 at 04:29 PM.
Old 08-31-2014, 06:58 AM
clubhopper

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Bellisima_Z

My
truth... if you are thinking about mods this early in the game...like upgrading the brake system, also being on this forum. I think you are well on your way to more mods down the line...ask me how I know ...I think I said the same thing myself a few years ago. just what makes you feel happy but I wouldn't go kidding yourself that you are just going to drive it...
Old 08-31-2014, 02:25 PM
travlee
Master

Originally Posted by clubhopper
truth... if you are thinking about mods this early in the game...like upgrading the brake system, also being on this forum. I think you are well on your way to more mods down the line...ask me how I know ...I think I said the same thing myself a few years ago. just what makes you feel happy but I wouldn't go kidding yourself that you are just going to drive it...
truth, i said the same thing, and here it is 3 years and 7-8k later......
Old 08-31-2014, 02:34 PM
taywan

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Really need a thread about my daddy?...like said, make your own decision. Grown *** man. And 70k, that's about 10k / year. Most are averaging 15k / yr now a day. Sounds about right to me.
Old 09-02-2014, 06:09 AM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by taywan
Really need a thread about my daddy?...like said, make your own decision. Grown *** man. And 70k, that's about 10k / year. Most are averaging 15k / yr now a day. Sounds about right to me.
i forget most drive their cars year round. (unlike most canadians)
Old 09-02-2014, 08:00 AM
pyshin

Received 75 Likes on 53 Posts

As stated earlier,

'07 with 70k is

too damn high.

Picked up my '08 with 43k on the clock, it's all about patience when you're searching for the right used car.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:18 AM
travlee
Master

Originally Posted by pyshin
As stated earlier,

'07 with 70k is

too damn high.

Picked up my '08 with 43k on the clock, it's all about patience when you're searching for the right used car.
but how long ago? my 08 now has 75k but i bought it with 36k 3.5 years ago
Old 09-02-2014, 08:21 AM
pyshin

^^^ July 2013
Old 09-02-2014, 08:24 AM
travlee
Master

not bad, but you got kinda lucky. like you said the deal are there you just have to look and be patient, most people these days arent
Old 09-02-2014, 08:30 AM
pyshin

^^^ Americans and their obsession with instant gratification

The struggle is real
Old 09-02-2014, 08:35 AM
350zHalleck

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

kids are never going to learn. Stop relying on daddy to pay your bills and wait. This isn't a good car for you and if anything I'd love to have a conversation with your dad about how you shouldn't have a Z. Come back when you can afford to pay your own bills and move out of your parents house.
Old 09-02-2014, 05:41 PM
oldschool350z

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Hey dad.. I want to have a 350z so I can get some ***** and drive like an *******.

Will you please tell santa to give me one?
Old 09-02-2014, 06:04 PM
taywan

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Syner
i forget most drive their cars year round. (unlike most canadians)
The depreciation made it affordable, so the new Z-ivic owners will only have that to drive as their DDs..
Old 09-11-2014, 02:11 PM
Raptor5150

Originally Posted by 350zHalleck
kids are never going to learn. Stop relying on daddy to pay your bills and wait. This isn't a good car for you and if anything I'd love to have a conversation with your dad about how you shouldn't have a Z. Come back when you can afford to pay your own bills and move out of your parents house.
Wow im kinda happy I didnt reply to this thread after awhile..

How can you be such a ****ing *** hole? I dont live with my parents my dad kicked me out when I graduated high school and ive been on my own ever since. I live in my own apartment with my girlfriend and I pay my own god damn bills. Who the hell do you think you are to put me on trial?

You dont know my life style you dont know what I do for a living. Stfu and grow a pair all I was asking was a little faith that im making a good choice but whatever its my cash and I can do whatever the hell I want with it. Ill show my dad that I did make a good choice by hanging onto the car for a good long while.

Everyone here is so ready to attack one another? god damn forums honestly what good are they anymore? I know why I stay away from them.

You want real non *** hole discussion I guess you really should stay on Reddit these days. Atleast people on there arnt ****wits.

Last edited by Raptor5150; 09-11-2014 at 02:13 PM.
Old 09-11-2014, 02:36 PM
350zHalleck

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow im kinda happy I didnt reply to this thread after awhile..

How can you be such a ****ing *** hole? I dont live with my parents my dad kicked me out when I graduated high school and ive been on my own ever since. I live in my own apartment with my girlfriend and I pay my own god damn bills. Who the hell do you think you are to put me on trial?

You dont know my life style you dont know what I do for a living. Stfu and grow a pair all I was asking was a little faith that im making a good choice but whatever its my cash and I can do whatever the hell I want with it. Ill show my dad that I did make a good choice by hanging onto the car for a good long while.

Everyone here is so ready to attack one another? god damn forums honestly what good are they anymore? I know why I stay away from them.

You want real non *** hole discussion I guess you really should stay on Reddit these days. Atleast people on there arnt ****wits.
How? It's easy. In your very first post you stated that daddy pays your insurance. So you don't pay your own bills. More ******** from another entitled kid. Get your story straight before you get all puffer fish on us.

If it's your cash and you can do whatever you want with it then why did you come on a public forum asking opinions?

Go back to reddit then.
Old 09-11-2014, 02:40 PM
marques1

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

My 03 z has 127,000 miles on it. Within that time period the only thing I replaced on it was brakes, tires and 2 batteries, a window motor. The car still runs very strong and it still looks new.

Quick Reply: Help me convince my father im making a good choice here.