Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

New here!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2014, 01:11 PM
Arabterminator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New here!

Hi everyone! I'm finally going to purchase my Z tomorrow! The only thing I'm kind of worried about is the mileage on the car. It's a 2008 with 80k miles. Is that too much for the car? I'm most likely going to punch it every where I go. This will be my first sports car that I've ever had and I'm really excited about it but the only thing that's bothering me is the mileage! To all the Z owners out there, what do you guys think? Are the miles too high? Or are they okay?
Old 09-14-2014, 03:45 PM
samsniss350z

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Welcome aboard and no 80K is nothing, works out at approx 11k a year. These engines if looked after are good for 200K, there are one or two members on here who have hit the 250K mark. Just make sure you do regular oil and filter changes along with all other fluids and you should be good. I bought mine 2 years ago with 75K on it and i've had no trouble at all, damn its only just run in. Fluid changes are your friend, along with other regular maintenance of course. You'll love it, just be careful until you get used to it. You'll have the HR motor which a lot of people prefer as its 80% new over the DE engine. What model have you gone for?

P.S. You say that you're going to punch it, now the weather is getting cooler i recommend you search site with the name of Dugan, you may learn a little or you may learn a lot, but you'll learn something.

Last edited by samsniss350z; 09-14-2014 at 04:32 PM.
Old 09-14-2014, 03:52 PM
mr. sparco

Received 454 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by Arabterminator
I'm most likely going to punch it every where I go. This will be my first sports car that I've ever had and I'm really excited about it
Thanksgiving is around the corner. Rutgers, poles, and curbs will love you.
Old 09-14-2014, 06:12 PM
Arabterminator

Originally Posted by samsniss350z
Welcome aboard and no 80K is nothing, works out at approx 11k a year. These engines if looked after are good for 200K, there are one or two members on here who have hit the 250K mark. Just make sure you do regular oil and filter changes along with all other fluids and you should be good. I bought mine 2 years ago with 75K on it and i've had no trouble at all, damn its only just run in. Fluid changes are your friend, along with other regular maintenance of course. You'll love it, just be careful until you get used to it. You'll have the HR motor which a lot of people prefer as its 80% new over the DE engine. What model have you gone for?

P.S. You say that you're going to punch it, now the weather is getting cooler i recommend you search site with the name of Dugan, you may learn a little or you may learn a lot, but you'll learn something.

Thanks a lot for all the info! I was kind of worried about it before but now I shouldn't have to worry about anything. Do you recommend taking it to the dealership or these little jiffy lubes would be okay to go to? I would like to do little things such as oil changes my self but I'm honestly afraid to touch my car without knowledge on what I'm doing. I'll be sure to keep up with maintenance though. Especially since the miles are a little higher. And as far as the Dugan website goes I can't find it. Any link to it? Thanks again for the info!!
Old 09-14-2014, 06:51 PM
samsniss350z

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

No, don't take it to a stealership, they have that name for a reason. They don't employ mechanics, they employ "technicians" who don't use logic to repair a problem, they just throw new parts at it in the hope they fix it, they will bleed you dry. Contact members from your local group who will put you onto a reliable independent mechanic who know how to fix things, not just look at a computer screen. Dude, don't fret about high mileage, you have average mileage and to be honest I'd rather buy a car that has done miles rather than one that has sat in a garage for years not being used and all of the rubber bushings perish, the tires start cracking and sludge forms at the bottom of the sump. With regard to Dugan, go to search type Dugan33 and follow the links, its a long story but you might, without being condescending, learn a few things. Keep reading the pages on the forum you'll be surprised out how short a time it'll be before you're fitting coilovers, big brake kits and fitting your own twin turbo kit. Enjoy, have fun.
Old 09-14-2014, 06:52 PM
jhc
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,594 Posts
Exclamation

Awful screen name. Sounds like you want to harm people from the middle east.
Weird and sick.

You should change it soon.
Old 09-15-2014, 06:00 AM
Arabterminator

Originally Posted by samsniss350z
No, don't take it to a stealership, they have that name for a reason. They don't employ mechanics, they employ "technicians" who don't use logic to repair a problem, they just throw new parts at it in the hope they fix it, they will bleed you dry. Contact members from your local group who will put you onto a reliable independent mechanic who know how to fix things, not just look at a computer screen. Dude, don't fret about high mileage, you have average mileage and to be honest I'd rather buy a car that has done miles rather than one that has sat in a garage for years not being used and all of the rubber bushings perish, the tires start cracking and sludge forms at the bottom of the sump. With regard to Dugan, go to search type Dugan33 and follow the links, its a long story but you might, without being condescending, learn a few things. Keep reading the pages on the forum you'll be surprised out how short a time it'll be before you're fitting coilovers, big brake kits and fitting your own twin turbo kit. Enjoy, have fun.
Hey man thanks a lot for you advice! I'll definitely take it into consideration! I was thinking of going turbo but I'm not sure yet! I believe I'm thinking way to ahead of my self! Hahaha! As far as maintenance goes I have 510 race engineering right by my house but I don't know if they do little things such as oil changes and stuff like that. I'll ask around people though at car meets. I'm actually really excited and can't wait to see how much fun I can have with this car!
Old 09-15-2014, 06:07 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,046 Likes on 6,512 Posts

na na na na duuuuuuuuuuugan
Old 09-15-2014, 03:27 PM
mr. sparco

Received 454 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by travlee
na na na na duuuuuuuuuuugan
How long would you give him? I was thinking under 6 months.
Old 09-15-2014, 04:33 PM
RUNWDVL

Received 236 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by mr. sparco
Thanksgiving is around the corner. Rutgers, poles, and curbs will love you.
Don't forget PayPal gift.
Old 09-15-2014, 04:54 PM
oldschool350z

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

haha my 2004 350z has 56,000 miles and I think that's a lot.