Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

Will I fit?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 05:22 PM
broberge7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JERZ350
Might not be the place to say it, but at that height/weight, hell any height at that weight and I'd be more concerned for spending whatever money it takes to ensure I get to a healthier size. Your heart will thank you.
Hear you there buddy. My gastric bypass surgery is scheduled 2 years from now.

Thank you to all of the people who have replied. Yes I know how bad it is to be my size. I already have a gastric bypass surgery scheduled 2 years from now . for those who are concerned I have been working out for roughly 5 months now. I was 400 at one point. My current weight is 368 lbs as of this morning . I mean being overweight is terrible, I know I got myself in this position but when you weigh 368 lbs car cabin size is actually a concern. Thanks for not flaming me though. Much respect for all of you.

Last edited by SR71; 09-26-2014 at 06:59 PM.
Old 09-26-2014, 10:27 PM
Thai-Lights

Originally Posted by broberge7
Unfortunately I live basically in the middle of nowhere. The nearest 350z for sale is over 700 KMs away (434 Miles) I can test drive the one that im looking to buy but it would kind of suck to drive 700 kms and not fit lol
I'm from prince rupert BC actually surprised to see another Z member so close.... I have an 05 z. I'm sure you would fit but the Z is definitely a pain in the *** to get in and out and I'm only about 160. Not sure if I would ever sell mine but you could always throw me an offer haha. Cheers.
Old 09-27-2014, 04:11 AM
Jennifer 2

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

Broberge, my boyfriend generously loaned my Z out to a gentleman of your height and almost your girth. He drove it up to a nearby ski resort to catch up to the rest of us who left a day earlier. The road up is super twisty, but I wasn't worried because he's a great driver. He said with all the height and tilt adjustments of the seat bottom cushion and the steering wheel he was more wearing the car than sitting in it. He found this a good way to take to the twistys, in short the proper sports car experience.

Of all the sports cars out there the Z has one of the most roomy cabins. Your weight will wear heavily on the seat side bolsters, but that's a small price to pay for driving a great car. By the way I'd love to come up to Kitimat for the river fishing, is that something you do?
Old 09-27-2014, 07:54 AM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by Jennifer 2
Broberge, my boyfriend generously loaned my Z out to a gentleman of your height and almost your girth. He drove it up to a nearby ski resort to catch up to the rest of us who left a day earlier. The road up is super twisty, but I wasn't worried because he's a great driver. He said with all the height and tilt adjustments of the seat bottom cushion and the steering wheel he was more wearing the car than sitting in it. He found this a good way to take to the twistys, in short the proper sports car experience.

Of all the sports cars out there the Z has one of the most roomy cabins. Your weight will wear heavily on the seat side bolsters, but that's a small price to pay for driving a great car. By the way I'd love to come up to Kitimat for the river fishing, is that something you do?
All I got from your entire comment: you have a boyfriend?!?!?!
Old 09-27-2014, 11:24 AM
Jennifer 2

Originally Posted by Syner
All I got from your entire comment: you have a boyfriend?!?!?!
Yeah, I might throw him under a bus though, so you still have a shot!
Old 09-27-2014, 03:34 PM
tommy smith

Default This car is not for you

Originally Posted by Jah70
That's nuts. If I was that big I would get an SUV, 7 series BMW or a big Mercedes sedan. Screw driving a little *** sports car. It's always so weird seeing big guys in sports cars and mopeds lol. As a fellow 350 member I'm deeply concerned about your weight sir. Wouldn't want to see you in the fallen members thread because of some heart attack or high blood pressure etc.
Just face it and be honest. You can live without owning a Z, at the same time you'd be saving a Z... It's a win, win situation.
Old 09-27-2014, 07:40 PM
gabez33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hahhah retarded thread delivers
Old 09-27-2014, 08:08 PM
Bellisima_Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You might fit, but it's the getting out of the vehicle once your inside that i would worry about. It sits really low and even for someone as petite as myself it takes some effort... just something to think about.

Last edited by Bellisima_Z; 09-27-2014 at 08:11 PM.
Old 09-28-2014, 12:59 PM
broberge7

Yeah I love fishing! So suprised to see so many people from B.C on this forum.
Old 09-29-2014, 05:44 AM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

Yeah, I might throw him under a bus though, so you still have a shot!

YEEEEEEES!!!
Old 09-29-2014, 11:05 AM
bjr

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Bellisima_Z
You might fit, but it's the getting out of the vehicle once your inside that i would worry about. It sits really low and even for someone as petite as myself it takes some effort... just something to think about.
I think this is the most helpful. Don't forget about getting out in the garage or if you have to actually park next to someone. Sometimes in the winter here at work you can't see the parking lines and someone has parked too close by just 6" or so and I have found it difficult to get into my car once or twice and I am very thin. I can't imagine getting back out of the car once I squeezed my way in. Test it out fully if you do get the chance and keep all of that in mind!

One of the tradeoffs of owning a two door vs. four door in general though. Same reason that if I have to park next to someone it is going to be a four door that I park next to that has no door dings or paint missing.

Last edited by bjr; 09-29-2014 at 11:07 AM.
Old 09-29-2014, 10:50 PM
Jennifer 2

Bjr, your points are well taken, but if everyone was miss practical like you, nobody would ever drive a sports car. You have to suffer some for the great experience of zooming around in a proper sports car. The O P lives in a small isolated town surrounded by hundreds of thousands of square miles of wilderness. There is lots of super wide parking space. The roads are the ultimate twisty. The human spirt will always prevail, if you want it bad enough, you will find a way.
Old 09-30-2014, 09:02 AM
92K1500

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

That's nuts. If I was that big I would get an SUV, 7 series BMW or a big Mercedes sedan. Screw driving a little *** sports car. It's always so weird seeing big guys in sports cars and mopeds lol. As a fellow 350 member I'm deeply concerned about your weight sir. Wouldn't want to see you in the fallen members thread because of some heart attack or high blood pressure etc.
I forgot about this thread.

You gotta remember weight isn't everything. Body fat percentage is what counts. My heart rate, blood pressure, sugar levels and all that are in check. I lift weights 5 days a week.
Old 09-30-2014, 10:02 AM
Jah70

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 92K1500

I forgot about this thread.

You gotta remember weight isn't everything. Body fat percentage is what counts. My heart rate, blood pressure, sugar levels and all that are in check. I lift weights 5 days a week.
Yeah that too. 300 lbs of mostly muscle has less actual physical mass than 300 lbs of mostly fat.
Old 10-02-2014, 05:11 AM
jdmlove1

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

dont even get near 350z convertible!! but you will be fine in the coupe.

buy the car and start a healthy diet with excersize.. and the most important thing that you put a goal and try to hard to acheive it.

goodluck!

Last edited by jdmlove1; 10-02-2014 at 05:12 AM.
Old 10-02-2014, 06:15 AM
Jah70

Fast forward to 8:11 lol. You should get a beater and hack it up for a trial run and experiment before attempting it on your Z. Just to be safe and have somewhat of an hands on experience you can use to apply to your Z when you do it. I still strongly recommend a roadster since most of the hard work and engineering will already be done for you.

Last edited by Jah70; 10-02-2014 at 06:16 AM.
Old 10-02-2014, 06:23 AM
Bellisima_Z

Fast forward to 8:11 lol. You should get a beater and hack it up for a trial run and experiment before attempting it on your Z. Just to be safe and have somewhat of an hands on experience you can use to apply to your Z when you do it. I still strongly recommend a roadster since most of the hard work and engineering will already be done for you.

Make Your Car Faster For Free - YouTube
Lmao, looks like something Top Gear would do...you gotta love them Brits
Old 10-02-2014, 08:03 AM
Jah70

Originally Posted by Bellisima_Z

Lmao, looks like something Top Gear would do...you gotta love them Brits
Lmao. what's even funnier is I posted this in the wrong thread. And your here laughing at it haha. Why didn't anyone tell me?
Old 10-02-2014, 08:06 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,047 Likes on 6,513 Posts

Lmao. what's even funnier is I posted this in the wrong thread. And your here laughing at it haha. Why didn't anyone tell me?
i thought about it... but then i got sidetracked at work
Old 10-02-2014, 08:38 AM
Bellisima_Z

I thought maybe you were suggesting a way to create more room in the car for op

Quick Reply: Will I fit?