Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

A good deal or not ? Should I get it ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2015, 12:10 PM
'WhiteRoadster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This wasnt your basic rear ending here it was wrecked from the rear. The picture says it all, the impact was so powerful it damaged the quarters. Lol buying a wrecked car for 9k when better can be had for the same amount of money or less is pretty ignorant. especially when ur dealing with cash on hand.
Old 09-16-2015, 12:26 PM
travlee
Master

Received 9,046 Likes on 6,512 Posts

Old 09-16-2015, 04:56 PM
Tochigi_236

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

What number is it, inquiring minds would like to know. haha
Old 09-16-2015, 05:58 PM
UZ_

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by terrasmak
Good deal for a play toy/race car , I wouldn't want a salvage for daily driving
I agree completely. If OP wants this as a track car then I think it may be even better than getting one with a clean title. For a daily driver, nope nope nope. Go for a clean car that hasn't had mods, engine work, or transmission work done.
Old 09-16-2015, 08:53 PM
'WhiteRoadster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UZ_
I agree completely. If OP wants this as a track car then I think it may be even better than getting one with a clean title. For a daily driver, nope nope nope. Go for a clean car that hasn't had mods, engine work, or transmission work done.
LOL.Ok just so we understand the ideal track car is one that has been rear ended? Also op already stated his intentions which were quote

"....my plans for this car is to keep it for years and make it look even better and perform better ...."

I mean ive said all i could and tried giving some common sense to the few that seem to need it, but some people just have to experience it first hand in order to understand the consequences.
Old 09-17-2015, 02:45 AM
UZ_

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default A good deal or not ? Should I get it ?

Originally Posted by 'WhiteRoadster
LOL.Ok just so we understand the ideal track car is one that has been rear ended? Also op already stated his intentions which were quote

"....my plans for this car is to keep it for years and make it look even better and perform better ...."

I mean ive said all i could and tried giving some common sense to the few that seem to need it, but some people just have to experience it first hand in order to understand the consequences.
Well, not the case with this guy, but generally I would say someone getting a track cat loves cars. Someone getting a track car can most likely do good work on the car, and even if they get work done they know a lot about the car/cars and what work is going on. Also I you can afford to have an extra car just for the track you have the spending money for all the parts to upgrade and maintain.

This specific vehicle looks like it got hit so hard it probably has frame damage but if I was shopping for a track car I wouldn't exclude salvage titles as long as me and my mechanic can agree there was no frame damage.