Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2015, 10:02 PM
HRMoneyPit

Received 268 Likes on 218 Posts

I can't wait to save and get my south Bend and upgraded slave and Master
Old 12-24-2015, 10:42 PM
13esim

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

So I have searched and checked out quite a few, no luck, either want too much or too many problems to justify the price. I am now looking at this 07 Enthusiast with 62k miles. One con, has a salvage title. https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/5363448527.html

I put the vin in autocheck, all it says in the salvage is SEVERE ACCIDENT OR VEHICLE DAMAGE REPORTED: RIGHT FRONT CORNER

AND

TITLE (Leased Vehicle)
SALVAGE
POSSIBLE TOTAL LOSS - VEHICLE TITLED/REGISTERED TO AN INSURANCE COMPANY

What do you guys think, agreed on a price of $9500
Old 12-24-2015, 11:53 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,253 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by 13esim
So I have searched and checked out quite a few, no luck, either want too much or too many problems to justify the price. I am now looking at this 07 Enthusiast with 62k miles. One con, has a salvage title. https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/5363448527.html

I put the vin in autocheck, all it says in the salvage is SEVERE ACCIDENT OR VEHICLE DAMAGE REPORTED: RIGHT FRONT CORNER

AND

TITLE (Leased Vehicle)
SALVAGE
POSSIBLE TOTAL LOSS - VEHICLE TITLED/REGISTERED TO AN INSURANCE COMPANY

What do you guys think, agreed on a price of $9500
Don't care about the cost of the car.... there are other things to consider:

1. Quality of repair work - good, bad, just enough to get by? You won't know this until something comes up...like "Why can't I align the front right wheel?"

2. Resale value - may or may not matter to you depending on how long you plan to keep it. Not many people want to buy a salvage unless building a track car or don't care about the car's history for whatever reason.

3. Insurance - can you get insurance for the car? (well, yes, you can; but likely will only be PL/PD and/or rates will be higher than non-accident/total car. Not sure on how valid this is these days but definitely something to consider.... call your insurance company to start.

Me personally..... NO WAY IN HE** I'd touch a salvage car. Too many unknowns and too much time potentially involved in dealing with issues related to the above.

Just my $0.02, YMMV.
Old 12-25-2015, 08:11 AM
13esim

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by MicVelo
Don't care about the cost of the car.... there are other things to consider:

1. Quality of repair work - good, bad, just enough to get by? You won't know this until something comes up...like "Why can't I align the front right wheel?"

2. Resale value - may or may not matter to you depending on how long you plan to keep it. Not many people want to buy a salvage unless building a track car or don't care about the car's history for whatever reason.

3. Insurance - can you get insurance for the car? (well, yes, you can; but likely will only be PL/PD and/or rates will be higher than non-accident/total car. Not sure on how valid this is these days but definitely something to consider.... call your insurance company to start.

Me personally..... NO WAY IN HE** I'd touch a salvage car. Too many unknowns and too much time potentially involved in dealing with issues related to the above.

Just my $0.02, YMMV.
Good points to consider, that scared me with the whole resale value thing, but i convinced myself since I plan on not selling this car. Didn't even think about repair work, but I was going to take a technician with me. And insurance, didn't consider that at all. I think I'll skip this one and move on.

So what do you guys think of this Revup? http://www.theamericaautogroup.com/2..._255955837.veh

The Autocheck gives it a good score.