Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

08' Touring Roadster

Old 09-20-2016, 04:15 PM
No_name

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts
Default 08' Touring Roadster

Old dog & forum newb here…been searching & researching for some time and centered my energy on S2000 AP2’s, later model M Roadster’s and 350z’s (purged Boxters from contention early-on) and as former VQ owner (had a couple of Maxima’s over the years, test drove a lot of Z's in the mid-2000's) I kept coming back to the Z.

Intended use: Occasional driver for top-down days here in CO and something I can lite-up every once in a while, not looking for an investment or daily-driver (a cash buy fun ride). Can’t track it…roll-bar, I’m ok with that.

My requirements: Honed-in on 07’s and 08’s only, no interest in any other model year, MT only, Touring trim only and like everyone…reasonably low miles (less than 25K was my target) and a substantiated service and owner history. Not interested in entertainment options, spoilers, etc. and hard-core dis-qualifiers for me are mods, I’ll take none (exhaust, air-intake, software/firmware performance upgrades, suspension, brake system, etc.), has to be virtually bone-stock and as originally delivered.

Found a solid ride. Just got back from a ~40 mile test-drive after a lot of recent over-the-wire banter with the Seller (old gal, nice lady, is at-least in her late 60’s if she’s a day). CO car since initial delivery, clean top-to-bottom, dealer maintained with 16,091 on the ODO when I shut her off. Has had only ~2500 miles in the past 4-years but has had appropriate maintenance, been a garage queen sittin’ under a cover for the most part. Down-side, it is a 2 owner car so who knows…original owner could have abused the hell out of it but...ultra clean and with this mileage count, I don’t have any stress. This seller bought it as a certified car.

Plans: No mods except a nice brake package then, just fuel, fluids, basic maintenance and occasionally new rubber, that’s it (Yeah…right…said that about every vehicle I’ve ever-owned…that “stayin’ stock” thing lasts about 6 months but… ).

Next step, scheduled for dealer inspection on my dime Thursday morning and the report will be emailed my way. After that, assuming all clear, we’ll nail final price but we’ve already agreed in principal. Private party fair value is $16.7K as I run the numbers, seller knows where I’m at, she’s run the numbers, we’re on the same page. Reasonable people, not going to quibble over a few hundred bucks one way or the other. I have a business trip and won’t return until next Wednesday but we’re both looking to close the transaction and transfer title on 9/29 or 9/30. If we can’t pull that off it will be after 10/11 due to schedules. I’m optimistic we’ll get it done, we're both motivated.

Here some s***** parking lot pics post test-drive, whattya think?

Name:  Profile_zpsftmfsgb7.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  234.3 KB

Name:  Front%201_zpseoae8yli.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  166.3 KB

Name:  Top_zpsomudbj7o.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  176.2 KB

Name:  Inter%201_zpsnjyfuw9b.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  215.4 KB