Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

High miles with mods

Old 12-31-2016, 08:48 PM
MotoGC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High miles with mods

Hello all,

I'm sure these questions get tedious and I appreciate everyone's patience. I gave up motorcycles and bought a Miata this year to scratch the itch. I love it, don't care if it's a chick car, that I look like a circus bear diving a clown car, etc. I'm ready to move into another car with a little more than 130 hp... Right now we have a kid hauling SUV that my wife drives, my FX35 which I really like, and the Miata. I was about to pull the trigger on a new Camaro 1ss for $32k but we're getting ready to buy another house so I don't want to add a payment when we're about to do the house deal.

All of the back story is for this. I will likely buy the Camaro next year. I've hated every single one ever built until this generation and it looks like they managed to make the thing actually turn. So I've got a budget of $10k for something else for now and I don't want to lose my butt in the next six months or year. Yes, I should wait.

The car I'm looking at is a 2004 with a new clutch, ksport coilovers, camber rods, 18 in xxr wheels, lower mileage wheels, 06 console, and carbon spoiler. Tastefully done, not boy racer, and timing chains were done. The problem is that it has 167k miles. The seller is down to $6.5k after initially asking $7.1k. Seller seems very knowledgeable and honest from what I can tell.

The KBB on it is very low on trade in, private party, etc even in excellent shape although it does seem to be out of step with the market that I've seen.

I am concerned about the mileage. My 2006 FX is up to 162k now and it's been a wonderful vehicle so that makes me feel better about the motor. The timing chains makes me feel better about high mileage on an interference motor sports car. The mods are nice but I'm concerned about making my money back.

What sayest y'all?
Old 01-04-2017, 11:51 AM
mignav01

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

You won't make your money back unless you get it for 4.5k. And that's not a guarantee. If you plan on buying a Camaro to replace it soon, I'd just hold off till then. You never make money on things like this. My two cents
Old 02-16-2017, 04:46 PM
EtrainStyle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just get the car you want from auction! Copart.com
Old 02-23-2017, 10:49 AM
CK_32

Received 366 Likes on 315 Posts

Hey that's none of your business which mods have high mileage.

I call them life experienced
Old 02-23-2017, 10:49 AM
CK_32

Received 366 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by EtrainStyle
Just get the car you want from auction! Copart.com
Expect some fees tho lol

Also hope his state doesn't require a license to purchase. Nor deem auction cars as permanent non-op chassis.

Last edited by CK_32; 03-03-2017 at 09:07 AM.

Search this Thread