Notices

Preparing for the Show Season

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 08:09 AM
BamBam

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Post Preparing for the Show Season

Alright guys, I know this might be early and all…
I was thinking of trying to put together some ideas of what we should do for the shows..?

Here are a few of the obvious things I was thinking of:
1. Poster boards with individual car specs
2. Maybe a printed version of the above to put in the windshield for judges to hold/review while inspecting the car
3. Small cones and some type of rope to keep people from getting too close…. Or maybe something we can hang on the inside of the doors to tell people “While we appreciate your attention to our details, please do not touch or get inside the vehicle. Thanks”
4. You guys might want a poster board of any professional photos, advertisement pictures your cars have been in and the trophies you have won.
5. Toby, you mentioned making a slideshow presentation on a DVD to display all of our cars… I like that idea. I guess we should make sure to request a power hookup since the batteries will be disconnected.
Anything else? Any ideas for some type of group presentation or anything? I have a PS2 and monitor in my trunk so we can play games if we get bored and if we get a power hookup.
--Brent
Old 02-06-2006, 12:31 PM
PumpedVA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

beer, chicks and chairs

I just hope to make a show at this point
Old 02-06-2006, 12:50 PM
BamBam

DUDE, no repeats of last year.. ..!!!!
Pick a couple of mods you really want to have, and get those done and keep the car for the spring/summer so you can drive and show it...

I am actually planning out all of the shows, travel plans and work for my car now.. I want to be able to attend like 4 major events and the rest are optional. At some point I will have to drop my new engine in that will most likely be a month of downtime.. But I hope to do that end of March early April...) ... might be close with HIN... but if I give 4 weeks, that should be plenty to just drop an engine in and tune it….
Old 02-06-2006, 01:03 PM
PumpedVA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All I have to do is get my car back from AAM burning oil or not I can get by with a small oil problem to fall but I still dont know if there was any damage done running that low. I really dont think so and they seem to agree so we will see this week.

The only other mods are my new doors that will take at least 4 weeks I just ordered all new strut panals so I can get those out asap for CF along with my A pillers (still need to mold my pods on but I am waiting for pillers to come in now) this should only take a few hours to mold and sand down. auto shop has my screen and hatch they should be working on that soon the panal I got from mike wasnt full fiberglass so there molding me a new one then that will be send for CF

If theres time left Going to fiberlgass my headliner
Old 02-06-2006, 01:33 PM
BamBam

Dude, gonna look SICK man....

Well, I think I am done with the exterior stuff now. Focusing again on engine stuff (axle & diff). Get my tune dialed in, and have everything ready for the engine in a month or so.

I wanted to get the polished rollbar installed, get another set of 20" show wheels, and that TEIN adjustable height kit, but the season is getting close, so I guess that will wait until next year.

Hey, are you still working with Pag on graphics? Just called him. I want to have the design extended over the front fenders and lightly onto the hood..
Old 02-07-2006, 05:47 AM
comebackZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brent are you going to the March 18th Baltimore Car and Truck show. I know a guy who can design pamphlets with all of our cars on it or can do it individually and can put whatever pictures/info you want. Rather than a poster board I was thinking a stand with pamphlets in it and I've never shown my car before but do people typically touch or get in the car?
Old 02-07-2006, 06:46 AM
BamBam

What up man?
I was planning on going to this, but since I am working in Florida, I thought I might try to make the Spring Break shows here on the 19th, and 24th - 26th.

Right now that is still up in the air due to work on my car and my inability to find a way to get my car down here without having to drive it.

I probably will not know until early March what my plans are.

As for the pamphlets, I think that would be a cool touch man. Gives people the chance to take it with them and gives your contact details (if you want) for future magazine articles etc...

Not a bad idea, we might want to pursue that guys....

--Brent

Originally Posted by comebackZ
Brent are you going to the March 18th Baltimore Car and Truck show. I know a guy who can design pamphlets with all of our cars on it or can do it individually and can put whatever pictures/info you want. Rather than a poster board I was thinking a stand with pamphlets in it and I've never shown my car before but do people typically touch or get in the car?
Old 02-07-2006, 01:45 PM
comebackZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll call him tomorrow and see what prices/options are.