Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

At or Mt??

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2002, 03:44 PM
sean6tt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default At or Mt??

I have a little dilemma, see I am 16 and I want to get a Z, and my parents are all for it, except I want the Track, and since they will be driving it sometimes also, they want the Touring because they can get Automatic. I am wondering if the automatic reduces power in anyway, or would it produce significantly lower 0-60 and ¼ mile times than the 6 speed on the Track?
Thankz for your help!
Old 12-21-2002, 04:57 PM
350zRon

Hmm... i don't think a 16 year old should be driving a 350z. wait a few years and learn the ropes of driving with a used civic or celica. otherwise if u get into an accident it'll really get you.
Old 12-21-2002, 10:57 PM
sean6tt

Angry

Hmm...yeah i dont think so ron...i have already driven three 350z(LeMans Sunset Track, Brickyard Touring AT, and right now a Daytona Blue Touring mt) i have also driven the Infiniti g35 Coupe, right now i have my parents G35 Sedan, so yeah there i am getting a Z i dont know why someone would want me not too, it is an amazing machine, and the civic is just well, stupid, who wants a little rubberband engine with 1/4 the hp and well looks bad. and the celica, well even worse. i was merely asking which one to get M/T or A/T...
Thankz
Old 12-21-2002, 11:27 PM
nwind21

Default Re: At or Mt??

Originally posted by sean6tt
I have a little dilemma, see I am 16 and I want to get a Z, and my parents are all for it, except I want the Track, and since they will be driving it sometimes also, they want the Touring because they can get Automatic. I am wondering if the automatic reduces power in anyway, or would it produce significantly lower 0-60 and ¼ mile times than the 6 speed on the Track?
Thankz for your help!
1] I think you accidently posted this in the wrong forum.
2] I would say MT in Touring as a compromise... but I hope that your question of 0-60 times and power loss is not because you want to street race your buddies. Perhaps I should say either way, with AT or MT, you can crash and drive that car equally as reckless.

So please... I see tons of kids out on the road tailgating, swerving, driving fast when conditions don't permit, and pretending that they own the road. I hope you're not one of them (?)
Old 12-22-2002, 01:13 AM
350zRon

Default Thankyou Nwind

That's exactly what I was pointing to. I saw a wrx driven by a young kid doing a 360 on the highway out of control. It went up the left bank slid down to the right and back onto the left. Oh yea, one of the passengers in the back flew out the window.

But if you've driven all those 350z's then you shouldn't have a problem choosing which one to own.

Here in NYC the dealers are pretty reluctant to let anyone test drive a 350. Roads here are poor too many potholes and the clearance on the 350 wouldn't do it. Good luck.
Old 12-22-2002, 09:55 PM
sean6tt

Question

yeah thanx Ron and everyone who responded, i understand everyones concern and i am not well at least i think i am not a careless or dangerous driver...but thanks for the concern...it enlight of your repsonse i did not test drive them, lets just say i have connections with nissan and i can basically drive one whenever i want, and even the new cars up to 6 months before they come out...like the Infiniti FX45 drove it 3 weeks ago, great crossover suv...lots of power
and also i am not playing on racing, no no no that is dangerous.
i was just wondering if manual would effect anything else in the car besides performance, gas milage or anything. Really thanks guys for the help.
Old 12-22-2002, 10:13 PM
350zRon

Good luck then.

Last edited by 350zRon; 12-22-2002 at 10:34 PM.