Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Winter Roads and Salts

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 10:11 PM
Marino Z
Know it all

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Winter Roads and Salts

Hi All, I am in little dilemma here. I just want to get some opinions.

I am away from the State and my car is stored in the garage. Well, my family member used the car couple times and upon a usage, I asked to wash before put back in the garage for couple more month of storing until I return.

Unfortunately, car was not washed and now parked in the garage. Here is my problem. Dallas, TX had a brief couple hours of snow on Jan. 6. It appears that Txdot pre treated the roads on 4th and 5th. Car was driven on wet road on the 6th for 30 min which I believe it's salt water.

It keeps bothering me that car is not washed after driven on salt road. Will it damage the car if not washed for 2 more month? Do you guys think I really have to get someone to wash the car? because now I think about it, I don't like anyone else washing my car either... Lol
Old 01-17-2017, 04:09 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,044 Likes on 6,510 Posts

you are over thinking it.... i have lived in TX since the late 80's and always driven my cars in the winter and never had issues with rust or seized up bolts. if i remember correctly they only do that on the freeways, not on side/residential streets.
The following users liked this post:
Marino Z (01-29-2017)
Old 01-19-2017, 09:58 PM
Marino Z
Know it all

Hi there! Yeah I probably over thinking it but since I am store it not using it for 2 more month without properly wash made me just little unease since we dont really do snow in TX. Thanks for chip in!

Originally Posted by travlee
you are over thinking it.... i have lived in TX since the late 80's and always driven my cars in the winter and never had issues with rust or seized up bolts. if i remember correctly they only do that on the freeways, not on side/residential streets.
Old 01-23-2017, 05:03 PM
steven350

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

the previous owner didn't care much for the car, he DD every season. with no wash. i took it over and kept it off the road for the winter months for the last 7years. yet to see any rust spots or erosion caused by those winter months. so yea +1 on over thinking it.
Marino Z (01-29-2017)
Old 01-29-2017, 08:56 PM
Marino Z
Know it all

Thanks for sharing

Originally Posted by steven350
the previous owner didn't care much for the car, he DD every season. with no wash. i took it over and kept it off the road for the winter months for the last 7years. yet to see any rust spots or erosion caused by those winter months. so yea +1 on over thinking it.
Old 01-30-2017, 04:54 AM
RobPhoboS

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts

Don't worry.
It's worth coating some parts in POR15 or whatever similar product you like. That's what I use over here in the UK, and we get horrid wet weather and salty roads in the winter.
Marino Z (02-03-2017)
Old 02-03-2017, 12:38 AM
Marino Z
Know it all

Thanks!

Originally Posted by RobPhoboS
Don't worry.
It's worth coating some parts in POR15 or whatever similar product you like. That's what I use over here in the UK, and we get horrid wet weather and salty roads in the winter.