Notices
Drag NHRA, IDRC, IHRA, NDRA

DRAG RACE FORUM: Listen up..

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 07:19 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Your retarded, if we do ANY CORRECTIONS for all the times to be on an "even BS plain" they will all be BS. What you ran is what you ran given your location and conditions. Stop fighting for something you wont even use seeing how you dont run your Z.

LMAO @ corrections on all the times what a joke! Even the best corrections are ESTIMATES, the list will lose all validity with that
Old 11-12-2007, 07:20 PM
taurran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SergEK
This is exactly the response I am talking about

Tell my why my years drag racing dont matter AL....how does a run in the Z change that? You keep avoiding it because you know it doesnt

I am presenting FACTS

The main issue is using the NHRA correction factors to offer ALL members a chance at making the list

Care to comment on my statement in BOLD Or do NHRA rules not apply to Z drag racers?
This isn't about fair. It's about who has the fastest ET timeslip.

This is not an NHRA event. It's a forum where people post time slips. If you and your car post a timeslip with slower times, then for all intents and purposes your car is slower.

This is no different than people posting hokey dyno corrections. If you want to compare your dyno numbers with industry standard Dynojet numbers, then run your car on a dynojet. If you want to accuaretely compare your 1/4mi times with other members who ran in ideal conditions, then drive your car down to the fastest track possible and run it in the most ideal conditions you can.

We're here to see who has the fastest times, not who is best with a calculator.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:25 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Ban!

SergEK!

The NHRA wants it!!

This drag forum was all ok till you came along.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:32 PM
SergEK

Originally Posted by taurran

This isn't about fair. It's about who has the fastest ET timeslip.

This is not an NHRA event.

We're here to see who has the fastest times, not who is best with a calculator.
As I stated before its always the sea level guys who complain

So basically for everyone reading, you dont care if people drag race in Denver and run a full second slower with the same car, same driver.....you want everyone to go to a sea level track if they want to be on the list

We arent even talking DA, but basic elevation correction and thats too much to "compare" drag slips because if a member wants his slip to be valid he has to drive from Denver to a sea level track and run under sea level condtions in order to be valid

Its a first class example of "science be damned" --- do you guys concede that higher elevations have thinner air or is that a big myth too?
Old 11-12-2007, 07:35 PM
taurran

Actually, I'm pretty sure it's you who's doing the complaining.

If you race in Denver then compare your car to others in Denver, not on a nationwide forum who's only method of actual validation is a timeslip. Perhaps you should make your own thread for "Top 25 What-I-Think-My-Car-Can-Do Times".
Old 11-12-2007, 07:38 PM
Peak350

If you race in Denver then compare your car to others in Denver, not on a nationwide forum who's only method of actual validation is a timeslip. Perhaps you should make your own thread for "Top 25 What-I-Think-My-Car-Can-Do Times".
edit- quoted this because I agree.

Recognize what you car can do where you are....I said before in this thread, good drivers will have good 60'/330' times and will get recognition, if the short times suck, then its not the elevations fault. The list is uncorrected because its the top ACHIEVED times, not top CALCULATED times. If you want to make your own list.....go ahead.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:45 PM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I ran my stock EK at Capitol Raceway and ran a 16.7 bone stock....the same car at at track at 2700ft ran 17.2 .....at this track it would eventually go 14.0@98 there....or about a 13.6@101 (elevation correction only) with a 1.8L motor I/H setup that dyno'd 160whp on a local dynojet on crummy DRs

I am an import bracket class track champion at my old track that consistently see's above 4000DA for most of the year and 7-8K during the summer....

If you want to paint me as a noob to drag racing, you picked the wrong person.....I learned to drag race with practice, and advice from friends who consistently set top times for their platforms....ala a guy who went 11's in his bolt-on EVO there, went 12.2 or so in his stock turbo SRT and recently went 12.8@108 in his near stock Mazdaspeed 3

I learned alot and still try to learn everyday....but your ignorance and attitude towards DA is staggering....and then to attack me....

I am not the best but I hold my own
Riddle me this oh "bracket class track champion" ...

you have made passes with a Rear Wheel Drive car? right? You mentioned running a 16.7 on a bone stock Honda Civic. Is that impressive for a bone stock EK?

Which reminds me ... I think I'm going to run my ZX2 100+ times to gain more credibility on this site.

Last edited by dutchboy350Z; 11-12-2007 at 07:48 PM.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:51 PM
SergEK

So by your opinion the list should be broken up into state/track location rather than using established scientific data used by the National Hot Rod Association

And rather than offer 100's of more slips to compare the AVG timeslips you want to leave the list for a narrow slice of sea level track locations and tell the majority of Z owners who race in higher than sea level elevations "tuff"

I just find it funny that you, the sea level guys, are so opposed to using JUST the elevation corrections with an * beside the ET/traps

WIth an * the slip is still valid, no one is claiming an actual sea level run but would give more folks an idea of what the avg guy in an avg Z runs

What are you guys opposed to....the accuracy remains so its not accuracy
Old 11-12-2007, 07:57 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

What are you guys opposed to....the accuracy remains so its not accuracy
Originally Posted by Alberto
LMAO @ corrections on all the times what a joke! Even the best corrections are ESTIMATES, the list will lose all validity with that
Are you this blind? Go back to the Cosworth plenum thread and keep telling people it makes 20hp on a reg VQ-you like to pass around unproven info over there and you want to "set is straight?"-people who actually race our Z's over here? We should ban you from the drag section you are what we dont need in here
Old 11-12-2007, 08:19 PM
SergEK

Originally Posted by dutchboy350Z
Riddle me this oh "bracket class track champion" ...

you have made passes with a Rear Wheel Drive car? right? You mentioned running a 16.7 on a bone stock Honda Civic. Is that impressive for a bone stock EK?

Which reminds me ... I think I'm going to run my ZX2 100+ times to gain more credibility on this site.
16.7 w 2.4 60 on 14" all season tires with 106hp Capitol Racewau in MD
17.2 with same 60's @2700ft elevation Firebird Raceway in Idaho

14.0@98 w 2.0 60' @ 2700ft elevation on stickier tires with 160whp (dynojet)

Impressive, hardly....it was my first pass down a drag strip ever....was there to watch a friends 12 sec NA civic run and wanted to see what the car was doing before my swap.....after my swap I spent many many weekends at the strip and racing friends from a dig when there wasnt a drag night.....plenty of launches on not so grippy surfaces, with not so grippy tires in crappy weather

One of the most memorable was racing my buddies 03 Z with top speed exhaust and popcharger, on my snow tires from a dig....

Its about practice --- I have had the Z for a little over a year now and have launched on the street, practicing the 1-2 shift which is very important in the Z....but when you get VHT thrown in I will have to adjust, no question

But this isnt my first rwd car and its not like I havent practiced with it...yes it wheel hops if you get it wrong, yes you can spin....IRS cars are gonna do that...but to sit there and act like a rwd car is some black art is laughable....the principles are the same, traction/clutch manipulation/shifting....as far as tree'ing someone...races were won or lost at the tree in bracket as dial-ins were consistent...

Bracket race your stick shift? zx2 and see if you can make a full season....I guarantee youll be better at the tree, launching and adjusting to changing track conditions....
Old 11-12-2007, 08:20 PM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

So basically for everyone reading, you dont care if people drag race in Denver and run a full second slower with the same car, same driver.....you want everyone to go to a sea level track if they want to be on the list

We arent even talking DA, but basic elevation correction and thats too much to "compare" drag slips because if a member wants his slip to be valid he has to drive from Denver to a sea level track and run under sea level condtions in order to be valid

Its a first class example of "science be damned" --- do you guys concede that higher elevations have thinner air or is that a big myth too?
The science of elevation and correction factors for ET and trap speed is revenant and straight forward. The problem is putting these adjustments into practice.

How many dragstrips do we have in the United States?
Who verifies the elevation and correction factors?
Who verifies that racer ran at a specific dragstrip?
Who does the corrections?

That's a lot of work. Its impractical. No one argues that elevation is not a significant factor. But this is a forum not the NHRA National Championships.

Last edited by davidv; 11-12-2007 at 08:27 PM.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:24 PM
SergEK

Originally Posted by Alberto
Are you this blind? Go back to the Cosworth plenum thread and keep telling people it makes 20hp on a reg VQ-you like to pass around unproven info over there and you want to "set is straight?"-people who actually race our Z's over here? We should ban you from the drag section you are what we dont need in here
That info was direct from Cosworth genius....I didnt "make it up" I just have better reading skills

If you have a problem with their claims take it up with Cosworth

Ban'ing me huh? For what exactly? Stating facts and truth? Riiiight

You still have yet to say why a pass in a Z makes a difference.....I am dying to read that one and I have asked you plenty of times yet....somehow...much like the cosworth thread...maybe you just didnt catch it

Post 1037 by Sharif@ Forged page 52
They showed us the new dyno charts (rookie got a look too) Shows a 20whp+ peak improvement with tuning, and extending the redline. This thing definately will significantly extend the VQ35 power band. Power gains in the midrange look relatively mild...hard to tell by the graph, but about 5-7whp, but the thing comes to life after 6500rpm.

Next youll be telling me Sharif is lying too....

Last edited by SergEK; 11-12-2007 at 09:04 PM.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:34 PM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

But this isnt my first rwd car and its not like I havent practiced with it...yes it wheel hops if you get it wrong, yes you can spin....IRS cars are gonna do that...but to sit there and act like a rwd car is some black art is laughable....the principles are the same, traction/clutch manipulation/shifting....as far as tree'ing someone...races were won or lost at the tree in bracket as dial-ins were consistent...
You can't answer a straight forward question. Have you made a pass on a RWD car?

There's nothing wrong whether you have or not, but when you come off with a pompous-don't-question-my-drag-racing-skills attitude it doesn't bode well that you've never made a pass with a RWD car let alone a 350Z.

Have you even made a pass with a V6 of comparable power?

Last edited by dutchboy350Z; 11-12-2007 at 08:38 PM.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:36 PM
SergEK

Originally Posted by davidv
The science of elevation and correction factors for ET and trap speed is revenant and straight forward. The problem is putting these adjustments into practice.

How many dragstrip do we have in the United States?
Who verifies the elevation and correction factors?
Who verifies that racer ran at a specific dragstrip?
Who does the corrections?

That's a lot of work. Its impractical. No one argues that elevation is not a significant factor. But this is a forum not the NHRA National Championships.
How do you verify the slip is even theirs?

I can walk over to a Z06, ask for a slip, take a picture and email it....how does the current system filter that out?

Slips contain track names and locations --- a simple google search will tell you the elevation and the NHRA already has the chart to use....

Its about maybe 1-2 minutes of work....

I am not saying a corrected time is a substitute for a sea level run because everyone wants to run at Englishtown in negative DA weather with good track prep....but if we can at least correct the slips to reflect sea level elevation estimates it will show more Z's are capable of 13's.....many people think the list is just a bunch of east coast best weather runs --- I dont agree but if you look at the locations there is a reccuring theme

A simple * next to the ET/trap with an actual et/trap like this

13.6@101** (14.0@98 2700ft elevation)

More and more people are drag racing their Z's and they dont live near sea level tracks....so shunning them by saying "unless its at sea level, we dont care" is just the wrong thing to do IMO

I think that will discourage other Z owners from running because the slip is gonna be off by half a second or more so why bother dragging at all?

The drag section should encourage more runs and educate racers about the basics.....elevation is drag 101...as members learn they will never compare directly but at least be able to see their times in similar conditions would be close, mod for mod etc....
Old 11-12-2007, 08:46 PM
SergEK

Originally Posted by dutchboy350Z
You can't answer a straight forward question. Have you made a pass on a RWD car?

There's nothing wrong whether you have or not, but when you come off as a pompous-don't-question-my-drag-racing-skills attitude it doesn't bode well that you've never made a pass with a RWD car let alone a 350Z.

Have you even made a pass with a V6 of comparable power?
I have already stated I didnt make a single pass in the Z, thats why AL claims my other drag experience doesnt count

I have run from a dig in my car off the track....I should be getting some vid with some BMW friends soon....fun runs.....more practice

I just dont see why it matters...and AL wont answer because he knows it doesnt matter either....just silly

Lets say I run a 13.5@103 with a 1.9 60' --- what would that prove? Not much of anything but somehow one pass makes all the difference to him....we arent talking about my skills or car......we are talking about making the list more accurate.....elevation corrections help increase accuracy...yet other members are opposed to it because it would open the doors for more members to make the list who arent near the sea level tracks
Old 11-12-2007, 09:20 PM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

I have already stated I didnt make a single pass in the Z, thats why AL claims my other drag experience doesnt count

I have run from a dig in my car off the track....I should be getting some vid with some BMW friends soon....fun runs.....more practice

I just dont see why it matters...and AL wont answer because he knows it doesnt matter either....just silly
Great deflection of the questions being asked.

So since you did not directly answer any of my questions ...

You've never made a pass with a RWD Car.

You've never even made a pass with a V6 w/ substantial power.

Unless you state otherwise these are facts.

Why don't you hold yourself to your own standard. I've launched my Z from a Dig on street roads hundred of times. Who gives a **** what you've done outside of a race track.

Yeah, keep bringing up 'Berto into everyone of your rebuttals, because somehow that will divert everyone's attention.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:52 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

He races 16 sec cars and think he is the $hit. Serg-I dont care if Sharif said 20whp, truth is its a manufacturer claim, if you go around trusting those that says a lot about you. Serg-is to hard headed for his own good, this is a fawking forum to even argue for any corrections on times is weak sauce....funniest thing is #1 guy on that list is 4000+feet ASL, and he doesnt whine like a girl like Serg who hasnt even run his car! Also funny he posts the most overinflated dyno numbers in his sig, but wants to hate on guys who run ACTUAL times LOL....you are also a hater in general towards anybody's time, even V6 Mustangs!

His track is also only about 850ft ASL which should have decent air this time of year....probably 60* weather maybe less?
Who gives a $hit? Does this Mustang threaten you?

In another drag thread you write this...

Not every Z owner knows how to launch their car properly, especially those with 19" Volks and zero drag experience

Its a humbling experience for those guys but those are the guys who are more interested in dumping audio gear into their Z's than trying to wring out a few more tenths at the strip

I will call the guy just so I can get the exact figures off his slip if he even kept it....poor guy....beautiful car though
Sounds like you know what your talking about in regards to the Z but nope-you dont. But the trend is this-and that is that you dont know as much as you'd like us all to believe, I see that in many of your posts like the one below where you tell me that Church's dyno only reads 5% above other dyno's like you told me in this thread, BUT you also said something else that was actually right. Now apply this mentality to drag times and you can still save face.

It doesnt read high, it reads what it reads period

If you wanna compare it to dynojet numbers you can subtract about 5% and be pretty dead on
I'll give it to you, even though a hamster could make 200whp on that dyno IT READS WHAT IT READS-dont correct the numbers to simulate Dynojet. You want DJ numbers-go to a Dynojet.

You want Sea Level times, run at sea level

/thread

Last edited by Alberto; 11-13-2007 at 04:06 AM.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:16 AM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

How do you verify the slip is even theirs?
I can walk over to a Z06, ask for a slip, take a picture and email it....how does the current system filter that out?
The times and appropriate classes are based on trust. And I am beginning to mistrust you.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:42 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

For a good read/laugh.

"Guess who the Champ is!"

Here is a pic of me DESTROYING a new civic coupe during test and tune sessions.
I ran a 14.9@96 he ran a 17.8@7?.?? LOL
This quote alone had me in tears.

http://www.jdmuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1881

Still have that Flashy Jacket and Shiny Trophy in your Display Case?

Yeah buddy "Covette" owners are really biteing their nails just thinking of your civic hitting the big one zero zero.

I thought about baby slicks for a while but I just cant afford a axle snap or tranny malfunction.

As soon as I get my EG daily driver/ back up car I will start running slicks.

I am getting the BFG's no doubt :thumb2: for the price they are not bad.......plus when I break the 100mph @2700 ft. I get that cool *** sticker :thumb2: "street tires/ full exhaust 100 mph" = Pissed off covette owners!

100 mph club oWnS! Then I have to shoot for the 110 mph

Last edited by dutchboy350Z; 11-13-2007 at 05:15 AM.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:04 AM
Reality350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^LMAO!!!!!

Quote:
An empty can makes more noise then a full can....

Quick Reply: DRAG RACE FORUM: Listen up..