Notices
Drag NHRA, IDRC, IHRA, NDRA

went to Atco today for the P.R vs U.S.A day

Old 09-14-2014, 04:17 PM
tommy smith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default went to Atco today for the P.R vs U.S.A day

Now I entered my car in the 11.49 or slower bracket. That was the slowest bracket available. I don't know if it's all the drugs I'm taking or I'm forever changed. or

In the past, I used to go into the semi finals, finals & even have a couple of wins under my belt, but today I lost in the FIRST round & this was my THIRD time out of three times racing that I got eliminated in the FIRST round

It took 3 hours to get to the track. My first & only practice run was in the cooler before 12 noon weather. In drive, flooring it from idle without even turning the traction off I turned a 13.137 @ 105.54 mph. Not bad at all.

Now 2&1/2 hours later my bracket class was called & they pared me up(no choice) with an SUV that had 14.05 as his dial in time & since it got by then t-shirt warm weather, I put a 13.23 as my dial in time.

THE RACE
He turned 14.169 @ 96.93mph with his 14.05 dial in & my run was 13.232 @ 107.43 mph. with a 13.230 dial in time. LOOKED REAL GOOD FOR ME !? Well NO!!! his reaction time was .011 & I was NEVER able to catch/pass him

Side note - EVERYBODY was very friendly & many wanted to take a look at the Z. It appeared like many never saw a Z at the drag strip before

I'll post time slips & a couple of pics of my car next week.

Last edited by tommy smith; 09-14-2014 at 04:20 PM.
Old 09-21-2014, 10:26 AM
NR1DAD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tommy smith
Now I entered my car in the 11.49 or slower bracket. That was the slowest bracket available. I don't know if it's all the drugs I'm taking or I'm forever changed. or

In the past, I used to go into the semi finals, finals & even have a couple of wins under my belt, but today I lost in the FIRST round & this was my THIRD time out of three times racing that I got eliminated in the FIRST round

It took 3 hours to get to the track. My first & only practice run was in the cooler before 12 noon weather. In drive, flooring it from idle without even turning the traction off I turned a 13.137 @ 105.54 mph. Not bad at all.

Now 2&1/2 hours later my bracket class was called & they pared me up(no choice) with an SUV that had 14.05 as his dial in time & since it got by then t-shirt warm weather, I put a 13.23 as my dial in time.

THE RACE
He turned 14.169 @ 96.93mph with his 14.05 dial in & my run was 13.232 @ 107.43 mph. with a 13.230 dial in time. LOOKED REAL GOOD FOR ME !? Well NO!!! his reaction time was .011 & I was NEVER able to catch/pass him

Side note - EVERYBODY was very friendly & many wanted to take a look at the Z. It appeared like many never saw a Z at the drag strip before

I'll post time slips & a couple of pics of my car next week.
that sucks

what mods do you have on your Z?
Old 09-21-2014, 03:06 PM
tommy smith

Default ONE response & it's from Iceland :)

Originally Posted by NR1DAD
that sucks

what mods do you have on your Z?
Here in the very populated North East of the U.S. there are almost no Z guys drag racing. There are several very good drag strips & plenty of cars racing but finding a 350z or a 370z at the track is like finding a gold nugget in the Hudson River

At the last Import racing day before this one there also were no Z's but a few were at the car show part of the track. I walked over to a very impressive looking Z with an open hood & plenty of pipes & goodies. Impressive so I asked (since it was at the drag strip) what does it turn/do in the 1/4 mile, his answer TWICE to that question was it has 600 H.P.

I didn't know if I should laugh or hit my head against a wall. I just walked away instead..... They do DYNO SHEET racing out here A friend of his later told me that he does 13's It seems like very few Z guys know how to drag race

Anyway back to your Question. I'm not into mods very much. I've changed 2 things on the car & if I don't mention them, they can't be seen unless the car is on a lift and an EXPERIENCED tech looks it over

The car I crashed is the one on the top 25 list 07/08 350z Andre12031948. It's been # one for over 5 years & I broke my record several times. Since the car & my driving skill is NO MORE due to a very unusual & very serious car accident I'm kind of glad that there are no serious attempts at my record.

I wouldn't really mind if someone that put an effort broke it. That car never had many mods & the H.P. was modest somewhere in the 280's - 290's range

Good to see a drag racer.....
Old 09-22-2014, 04:33 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Good on you for at least getting out there. LOL @ the dyno racer what a queer
Old 09-22-2014, 08:32 AM
tommy smith

Default Thanks for that response

Originally Posted by Alberto
Good on you for at least getting out there. LOL @ the dyno racer what a queer

Last edited by tommy smith; 09-22-2014 at 01:57 PM.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:11 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

Didn't realize Puerto Rican was it's own language.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:08 AM
tommy smith

Default Click on - since I'm going to hell soon, my favorite car #666

went to Atco today for the P.R vs U.S.A day-350z.jpg Stock factory dual H.P. intake mod + stock factory muffler & tips mod. Let's not forget stock BASE factory H.P. wheels
My only practice run slip/lost my loosing 1st. run slip.

Last edited by tommy smith; 09-22-2014 at 10:32 AM. Reason: add
Old 09-22-2014, 06:19 PM
NR1DAD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tommy smith
Here in the very populated North East of the U.S. there are almost no Z guys drag racing. There are several very good drag strips & plenty of cars racing but finding a 350z or a 370z at the track is like finding a gold nugget in the Hudson River

At the last Import racing day before this one there also were no Z's but a few were at the car show part of the track. I walked over to a very impressive looking Z with an open hood & plenty of pipes & goodies. Impressive so I asked (since it was at the drag strip) what does it turn/do in the 1/4 mile, his answer TWICE to that question was it has 600 H.P.

I didn't know if I should laugh or hit my head against a wall. I just walked away instead..... They do DYNO SHEET racing out here A friend of his later told me that he does 13's It seems like very few Z guys know how to drag race

Anyway back to your Question. I'm not into mods very much. I've changed 2 things on the car & if I don't mention them, they can't be seen unless the car is on a lift and an EXPERIENCED tech looks it over

The car I crashed is the one on the top 25 list 07/08 350z Andre12031948. It's been # one for over 5 years & I broke my record several times. Since the car & my driving skill is NO MORE due to a very unusual & very serious car accident I'm kind of glad that there are no serious attempts at my record.

I wouldn't really mind if someone that put an effort broke it. That car never had many mods & the H.P. was modest somewhere in the 280's - 290's range

Good to see a drag racer.....
thats a crazy time. dont understand how you did it though

but why did u start another account. why didnt u use ur old one?
Old 09-22-2014, 07:59 PM
tommy smith

Default Thanks

Originally Posted by NR1DAD
thats a crazy time. dont understand how you did it though

but why did u start another account. why didnt u use ur old one?
1) Which car? 350z or 370z ? BOTH

2) Long story