Notices
Drift SCCA Formula Drift, Drift Showoff, Drift Session, Drift Day, D1 Grand Prix, Drift Nation

Nackers: back at it again

Old 04-02-2016, 02:39 PM
Nackers

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Nackers: back at it again

So it has been quite a long time since I've posted any updates about my car or my driving so now with my first event in 4 years nearing, I figured I'd give a little update on whats been going on.

So 6 years ago I went to FD pro-am

I didn't do so hot and got really bummed. Didn't place.

So a few months went by and I was a bit depressed and whatever until I found out the guy who brought my car out to Cali actually drove it before the event and gave it rod knock. After we disassembled it, found that indeed the rod bearings were shot among many other issues. Being that it was a hard driven stock motor with 150k, it wasn't surprising, however it made me really angry that it wasn't me who did it and it really hurt my performance at the biggest event of my career.

After tear down, THMotorsports and Project X started working on the car getting it ready. However with my lack of funds and recent marriage, I took 2011 off.

2012 came around and finally had a car together. Made it out to MDU round 1 with a brand new engine. This time with a turbonetics single turbo

The event went fairly well for a brand new setup. Had some issues, but placed 5th or something. I can't remember.

Much street driving later, I wasn't happy with the motor. Something was wrong and one night... rod knock. Again...

So I parked it

I was beat. Felt like I was getting messed around with and nobody wanted to take responsibility, so I took it upon myself.

Decided after about a year to get another motor and leave it stock, slap the turbo kit on it, and drive. However, when I took the oil pan off guess what I found... rod bearing shavings. Fantastic.

Called up Nissan to get bearings to toss in it. Turned out I needed a VIN number to just do bearings and I didn't have one. I was tired of trying to pay others to do a job just to get shafted so again, I sat on my hands.

About another year later my friends told me of a once good friend of theirs, who had been working at an engine shop, was going on his own. I decided he had backing from my friends, so after talking to him for a while, settled on a price and a date.

Little did I know, he was not so trustworthy. I gave him 5 months to complete it (way, way too much time, but I didn't need it quick. It was winter after all). After more than a year of getting dodged and lies, I finally got a block with boxes and boxes of parts. Yay.

So last fall I started assembling the engine. I got it in the car right as winter hit. Lame.

Now its spring. Car is in the same location because I have lack of motivation to work on it. Then I go and crash my daily driver

On top of this, my wonderful marriage came to an end, my father got really sick, and money is super tight. Yes!

So I need a car. I find a 08 g35 S. After a day and a half of owning it, I put some spare parts on it.

Then I manage to do a little driving

So I've fallen in love with this car. As some of you may know, I've always been fond of VIP style

(Daily before the FR-S)
But the VIP style cars I've had were automatic and boring. So this time, I feel like I can do a little bit of both.

I've only had the V36 for about a month. But already its got

Stance GR+Pro
XXR whatever wheels
Recaro seat
Competition Clutch and Flywheel
Project Mu shoes

And soon nismo 1.5 GT lsd

After this I want to try and fit my old sway bars that weren't used, get a steering wheel in it, get some cool aero and a different set of wheels. Probably some camber correction for the rear and if I can find a set of inner tie rods, that would be rad.

I do not have any intention of doing competition again. I want to keep this car pretty much stock power and just have a really cool street car to drive to events, drive all day, then drive home.

As for the Z. I'll finish it. Probably take a few months. Once it gets consistently warm here, I'll start piecing together odds and ends that it needs. After its together, probably just going to drive it a bit then kick it down the road. I kinda want a different car because this one just carries too much weight in memories alone. Some bad, most good... but memories I want to just access through the memory banks in my head.

Anyway. I'm finally excited about drifting again and just wanted to share in case anyone remembered and/or cared.

Last edited by Nackers; 04-02-2016 at 02:46 PM.
Old 04-03-2016, 05:36 PM
driftsucky

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I can't really say that's awesome cuz it looks like you've had some hard luck bro. But, I'm glad things seem to be shaking loose in the right direction. Can't wait for some good car updates. VIP drift would be SO cool. I don't really see a lot of 4 door sliders...stateside.
Old 04-06-2016, 02:59 AM
Nackers

Thanks!

I'm not sure if I'm going to get to work on the car much this weekend, but rest assured, there will be updates.
Old 06-13-2016, 12:54 PM
Nackers

Old 06-13-2016, 02:42 PM
driftsucky

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Much excite.
Old 12-09-2016, 01:18 PM
venture210

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

One heck of a story. Had no idea you were competing in FD pro/am! That's awesome. Sucks about the rod knock luck you've been having though. Not to mention the failed work and commitment of others. I'm gonna PM you to see if I can help you out any Nackers
Old 02-24-2017, 04:19 PM
Nackers

It's been a while so I decided to do an update.

Last year I left the G alone because money was still tight. I managed a lot of street driving, but only one track day (pictured above).

The Z sat around and I didn't touch it like I said I would. Whatever.

Fast forward to January and I find out that the company I work for is "scaling back" due to a massive failure on a new project so I'm no longer needed there as of March 24th. Cool.

My current situation has me still working there full time so every moment I have to myself, I've been working on selling my home. Touching up problem area's, painting, fixing little issues, and cleaning every day for showings. On the weekends I've been working 16-20 hours to try and make extra cash making and selling pens. It may be a bit strange, but I've been making it work for me.

So my parents moved to Fresno, CA last year and I'm in desperate need of big changes in my life. I hope moving to California will help. This is why I'm selling my house.

However, that has left me with trying to find work in a state which I do not live in yet. A house that I need to sell. Logistics of moving all my belongings (including 2 motorcycles). And need to decide what to do with the Z.

The good news is I have an offer on the house, gotten quotes to ship all my belongings to Fresno, still working on finding a job (anyone know someone who needs help from a manufacturing engineer who is well versed in Solidworks, 5S, Lean six sigma, Fabrication, etc...) In the mean time, I hope to focus on the Z to get it to move under its own power and button everything up before shipping it to Fresno.

Life has been strange.

Anyway, the motor is in the Z. I have power, but the starter won't crank with the key. I jumped the starter with a battery and successfully got it to crank and built 45psi of oil pressure. Good news.

I'm currently working on figuring that out right now which brought me back to the site. I'm hoping buried on here somewhere is the information that I so desperately need to get this thing running.

Wish me luck.
Old 03-02-2017, 06:02 PM
CFS_Z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dam good luck with the sale and move
Always remember there's light at the end of the tunnel
Old 03-09-2017, 02:48 PM
Nackers

Thank you.

I got the engine cranking and popping. Somehow a relay went bad.

It isn't starting and I've been instructed to check the ignition timing. My friend is bringing his scope over tomorrow to verify if the flywheel was installed incorrectly. Part of me hopes it is so I can fix it, but the other part of me hopes that it is not so I don't have to yank the motor out again. But if it isn't... what is it? Ugh...

I did get a little glimmer of light on the job front though. I got a call from a long standing truck aftermarket suspension company based in Fresno. It doesn't sound like a long term job, but something is better than nothing. Also, the possibility of other doors opening up seems plausible since they have/do attend SEMA. Maybe it will turn into something awesome.
Old 03-25-2017, 09:55 PM
Nackers

https://www.facebook.com /jason.kenney.7/videos/1487316491299112/

Last edited by Nackers; 03-25-2017 at 09:57 PM.