Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Grounding Kit convert

Old 11-11-2002, 10:22 AM
Alang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grounding Kit convert

I saw all the threads about the grounding kits a few weeks ago, and it sounded interesting, but I wasn't convinced (being a fairly skeptical person to begin with). However when the thread about the DIY for $40 showed up, it looked like an amusing weekend project, so I gave it a shot. Other than begin unable to find connectors for 4 guage wire, gathering supplies was pretty easy. I had to use connectors for 8-10 guage wire, so i firmly crimped around as best as I could and then soldered them on. Covered with black tape they don't look too bad.

Anyway, the install went fine, and Mr. Skeptic went for a ride, and I'll be dammed if I didn't feel a difference. I had noticed the roughness of the motor at high RPMs right after break-in. I have over 2400 miles on the car, so I am very familar with this behavior. Now the motor pulls very smoothly right to redline. It feels really good. No more power, but very smooth.

One skeptic has been converted. For fourty bucks, its worth it.
Old 11-11-2002, 06:33 PM
rouxeny

Hey, I'm a convert too.
Old 11-12-2002, 04:54 AM
insaneamine
Inventor
Z-Xtreme.com

Thumbs up Grounding Kit

I have to concur! I built and installed my own kit this past week. Much smoooother acceleration. Didn’t think it was possible – but it is.

Again, many thanks to Victor for his well documented DIY!!!

YOU DA MAN!!!

BTW, the gold plated ring terminals should be available at any audio electronics supply house. For me, it was the industrial crimper that was a bear to find – finally did though.

I might be willing to produce some kits for you guys at a reasonable cost if the interest is there. Say, maybe, $75 plus shipping??? I used 4 gauge copper audio cable, gold plated ring terminals, double crimped, and heavy-duty heat shrink.

Now that I have the crimper, I need to put it to use.

I’ll post some pic of my craftsmanship in a bit.