Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 02:30 PM
TuckandTwist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BabyZiLLa
You know what would help guys.. Some phone numbers/contacts.

Who should i be calling to bargain these deals you guys are getting?

Saying NNA is fine. But what department etc?
Based on my experience of getting a new engine ---> the dealership will fight for you because they get paid by NNA to preform the work. My service guy had to "jump through some hoops" (as he put it) to get the replacement engine authorized.

I simply got the OC test performed (you essentially pay the dealership to change your oil and then drive it 500 miles). It showed the engine consumed about a quart in 500 miles. Once the dealership is armed with that data they must perform some additional tests to satisfy other NNA requirements (just the fact it is buring too much oil is not enough info). I do not know what those in-shop tests are but they took two days with my car to do that part. When they were done the test results then propmted NNA to authorize the dealership to replace my motor. The service writer told me the total invoice was around $7000 (I never saw the amount they were paid).

If you cannot get your dealership to do this then you should take it to another dealership and try to get them to do it. Based on my experience it is better to have the dealership handle NNA rather than you.

Last edited by TuckandTwist; 11-29-2007 at 02:32 PM.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:26 PM
9kFever

Originally Posted by TuckandTwist
Based on my experience of getting a new engine ---> the dealership will fight for you because they get paid by NNA to preform the work. My service guy had to "jump through some hoops" (as he put it) to get the replacement engine authorized.

I simply got the OC test performed (you essentially pay the dealership to change your oil and then drive it 500 miles). It showed the engine consumed about a quart in 500 miles. Once the dealership is armed with that data they must perform some additional tests to satisfy other NNA requirements (just the fact it is buring too much oil is not enough info). I do not know what those in-shop tests are but they took two days with my car to do that part. When they were done the test results then propmted NNA to authorize the dealership to replace my motor. The service writer told me the total invoice was around $7000 (I never saw the amount they were paid).

If you cannot get your dealership to do this then you should take it to another dealership and try to get them to do it. Based on my experience it is better to have the dealership handle NNA rather than you.
My dealership drained the oil the day I brought it in and that was test #1. Never paid a dime for anything including the rental car.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:51 PM
Jeff@WestCovinaNissan
Banned

Nissan has released an 8 page TSB on this dated Nov 27, 2007 for the 2005-2006 350Z "Engine Oil level is low". TSB #NTB07-088 It has an official flow chart on how the dealers are supposed to handle this. If your dealer is not listening to you, have them check this TSB. It also shows the replacement engine to order AC7MZ

Last edited by Jeff@WestCovinaNissan; 11-29-2007 at 03:53 PM.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:02 PM
BabyZiLLa

Originally Posted by Jeff@WestCovinaNissan
Nissan has released an 8 page TSB on this dated Nov 27, 2007 for the 2005-2006 350Z "Engine Oil level is low". TSB #NTB07-088 It has an official flow chart on how the dealers are supposed to handle this. If your dealer is not listening to you, have them check this TSB. It also shows the replacement engine to order AC7MZ
Wow.. That only took 2 years for them to step up and take responsibility.

Thanks for the info..

My dealer has already agreed to replace the engine.. But i see guys getting $5000 back etc for all the ****ing around.. Personally i think i should be compensated. Especially if this engine drinks the go fast juice too.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:26 AM
markiev37

What about us G35 guys with the same revups????..Has infiniti released the same TSB??? And can someone get a copy of the TSB??

Originally Posted by Jeff@WestCovinaNissan
Old 11-30-2007, 06:12 AM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ngynnhu
well I just got back from nissan after i did my first oil consumption test. The service person said that my car is burning about 3/4 of oil right now. He told me that he could change out my motor now, but it would be a waste of time b/c it would still burn oil. He told me after talking to NNA that I should wait couple months b/c they will have a recall mid january or early feb. So in the meantime I just need to bring my car in every 500-700 miles so they can top off the oil...What does everyone think...Are they jerking me around or is it plausible. I know a lot of ppl say that a recall will never happened. Should I take any action or just wait till January/Febuary?
Are you being compesated for your loss of time....this should happen with the History and Performance of buying a Nissan.

I was without my car for over 45 days..yes I was in a nice brand new 07 sedan..but I didnt buy an 06 sedan..I bought a 05GCoupe....I should of recieved a check for all the times I had to go the dealer for the OC checks!
Old 11-30-2007, 07:07 AM
ngynnhu

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 4SHIZZIL
Are you being compesated for your loss of time....this should happen with the History and Performance of buying a Nissan.

I was without my car for over 45 days..yes I was in a nice brand new 07 sedan..but I didnt buy an 06 sedan..I bought a 05GCoupe....I should of recieved a check for all the times I had to go the dealer for the OC checks!
I'm getting not getting compensated in anyway, but I haven't wasted to much time... Probably about 6hrs total of going to dealership and stuff. Anyhow I just got back from Nissan again, because the service guy called me, and said that NNA wants me to go through the OC test again So I have to drive for another 1000 miles and bring it back. The service rep told me that w/ this new bulletin they wanted to start from scratch (them being NNA). So I was like fine I'll drive again for 1000 miles and bring it in. I also talked to the service mechanic, and he said that my car will fail for sure.

So for the update:
I saw the flow chart that was mentioned by Jeff earlier. It shows what steps the service ppl need to follow. I also asked for the part number. It is AC7MZA.

Well that's it for now I guess...I'll keep everyone updated as I go through all this.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:25 AM
cheshirecat79

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So for the update:
I saw the flow chart that was mentioned by Jeff earlier. It shows what steps the service ppl need to follow. I also asked for the part number. It is AC7MZA.
Strange part number.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:32 AM
labelworkshop75

The service manager at my dealer called me about 10 minutes ago and said they just released A NEW ENGINE. I asked for the part # and he said it was 10102AC7MZ. Told me he ordered one for me and it should be there shortly. FINALLY A FIX FOR THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-30-2007, 08:06 AM
ngynnhu

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cheshirecat79
Strange part number.
well it's really 10102AC7MZA i just left out the 10102....i dont know why there's an A at the end
Old 11-30-2007, 08:45 AM
cheshirecat79

Originally Posted by labelworkshop75
The service manager at my dealer called me about 10 minutes ago and said they just released A NEW ENGINE. I asked for the part # and he said it was 10102AC7MZ. Told me he ordered one for me and it should be there shortly. FINALLY A FIX FOR THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old news dude. This is the "Version 2" that's been out for quite some time. Most people have been giving it good reviews though from what I've seen.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:46 AM
cheshirecat79

well it's really 10102AC7MZA i just left out the 10102....i dont know why there's an A at the end
Right, that's what I'm saying. I don't see how or why there would be another A at the end. I thought Nissan part numbers were limited to 5 letters at the end but I could be wrong.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:13 PM
06CPV35

Just a though...
Original equipment engine (V1) Part # 10102-AC7MA
Hand built Japan engine (V2) Part # 10102-AC7MZ

10102AC7MZA...interesting
Old 11-30-2007, 01:24 PM
cruZin163

I'm getting not getting compensated in anyway, but I haven't wasted to much time... Probably about 6hrs total of going to dealership and stuff. Anyhow I just got back from Nissan again, because the service guy called me, and said that NNA wants me to go through the OC test again So I have to drive for another 1000 miles and bring it back. The service rep told me that w/ this new bulletin they wanted to start from scratch (them being NNA). So I was like fine I'll drive again for 1000 miles and bring it in. I also talked to the service mechanic, and he said that my car will fail for sure.

So for the update:

Well that's it for now I guess...I'll keep everyone updated as I go through all this.
I got some compensation, because I went on the BBB route after the 2 years runaround from the dealer. I got a new engine V2 and I requested a 100,000 miles extended warranty. They offered me a thousand dollars or the extended warranty.... I took the extended warrnty.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:14 PM
StoneZtech

10102AC7MZA <<< V3 Anyone. I think so.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:23 PM
Wholey Smokes

A TSB. Good news. It's almost been 700 miles since I started the OC tests. Looks like I won't have to deal with too much dealership BS. As soon as I get a consumption free engine, I'm boosting that *****!
Old 11-30-2007, 03:24 PM
luvZcar

does anyone know if we can view this tsb online and how to find it
Old 11-30-2007, 04:38 PM
9kFever

Originally Posted by labelworkshop75
that part number you listed has been out for months, many dealerships just didn't know it. It did absolutely nothing for my OC case. Still burning over a qt per 1000 miles and this is my third motor.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:40 PM
9kFever

Originally Posted by Wholey Smokes
A TSB. Good news. It's almost been 700 miles since I started the OC tests. Looks like I won't have to deal with too much dealership BS. As soon as I get a consumption free engine, I'm boosting that *****!
the new engine is still burning oil in many cars including mine. Currently in arbitration with Nissan for the second time after 3 motors have consumed oil.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:44 PM
06g35meister

Originally Posted by markiev37
What about us G35 guys with the same revups????..Has infiniti released the same TSB??? And can someone get a copy of the TSB??
i would like to know this also...

Quick Reply: RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion