Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 06:10 PM
ndizon42

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just took my enthusiast 06 to the dealership for the 27,000 service and to start the oil consumption tests. They found that it was 2qt low and documented it on the service order. 700 miles and test again. The previous oil was replaced less than 2500 miles ago.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:24 PM
Theatrix
Professional

Originally Posted by antennahead
I left a nasty voicemail yesterday with a rep at Nissan (BBB, attorney, you know the drill, but I was serious, I did speak with my attorney), the only one who has actually talked with me................. until today. The regional rep called again and I spoke with her for the first time. She spoke with the dealership and confirmed that I qualified for a new handbuilt engine. I then spoke with the head mechanic who was working on getting the order placed on their "techline". IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!!!!!!

For you guys who have received the new handbuilt engines, once the order was placed how long did it take to come in?. The regional rep told me that there was a waiting list now and it might take a little while to build and ship.

John
It took roughly two weeks from the call from Nissan to receiving the motor at the dealership in my case.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:06 PM
aforst

I have been complaining about oil consumption for over 2 years finally took th e car to a dealership that admitted to the problem. Any chance of getting nissan to buyback the vehicle?
Old 07-27-2007, 09:23 PM
NeverBoneStock

what is up with this new hand built engine.. i spoke to a nissan rep who said they have confirmed the problem but there is no fix yet..i have documentation by nissan im sucking 3 1/2 quarts every 3000 miles and for me to call the bbb for help.... this is coming from a nissan rep.....
Old 07-27-2007, 09:42 PM
antennahead

Originally Posted by Theatrix
It took roughly two weeks from the call from Nissan to receiving the motor at the dealership in my case.
Thanks. How long ago was this? I think there may be a longer waiting list now.

John
Old 07-28-2007, 03:37 PM
Theatrix
Professional

Originally Posted by antennahead
Thanks. How long ago was this? I think there may be a longer waiting list now.

John
They called me on the 9th and the car went in this past Tuesday. Will be ready Monday.
Old 07-28-2007, 03:42 PM
ZmaXimus

I had my engine installed so quick I wonder if they have a few Jap engines staged in TN. My engine was at the dealership in less then 5 days. I was shocked.
Old 07-28-2007, 04:38 PM
NeverBoneStock

ive been pushing for this for 3 weeks now and same result....
Old 07-28-2007, 05:12 PM
antennahead

Originally Posted by Theatrix
They called me on the 9th and the car went in this past Tuesday. Will be ready Monday.
Interesting, as well as the gentleman who had his in 5 days. Rep led me to believe it would be a little while, I guess we will see.

John
Old 07-29-2007, 07:18 AM
ZmaXimus

Default I spoke to soon

Originally Posted by ZmaXimus
Its official, no more oil consumption for me. Hand built from Japan corrected the issue.
My car is still consuming oil with new Jap engine. I have no choice but to go to arbitration. This should be interesting.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:20 AM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default FYI Make your car as stock as possible

I wouldnt/didnt have any aftermarket items on my ride when it arrived at the dealership because of a blown motor.

Last oil change was 1700 miles and it had NO OIL IN IT!

Cover your azzzzes and save yourself a 10K bill. I few hundred to install the OEM equipment is far less than buying a new block, or having some punk warrantee advisor deny your claim because of a spacer or headers, HF Cats.

I have heard that the cold air intake (the ones that grab cold air close the ground), have been known to grab water....they wanted me sign a doc that said if water was found in my engine, i would foot the bill. I was like I have a short ram intake (350z tube and K&N on my G35 coupe) so there is no way. I told them to pull the block apart, then call me, I aint signing shizzil.

Bottom line, new engine, handbuilt from Japan fixed the issue. A guy with the exact same car,same dealership two months prior, didnt get the same motor and his still burning oil after only 2500 on new engine.

There is hope, but the fight maybe long.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:56 AM
dbasal

My car is still consuming oil with new Jap engine. I have no choice but to go to arbitration. This should be interesting.
How many miles do you have on it?

Mine did burn a bit at first, but seems to have stopped. Also, the dealer failed to put the proper amount in it at first and I had to add a lot of oil at the beginning.

This again is just my experience so far and I am still watching it to see what happens.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:17 AM
ZmaXimus

If you mean total miles 18314. I have about 1345 since they installed the new engine. You make a good point. At this point, its about 1/2 a centimeter under H. Im not sure what that equates to as far as oil. Also, I did check it after it sat overnight.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:23 AM
dbasal

If you mean total miles 18314. I have about 1345 since they installed the new engine. You make a good point. At this point, its about 1/2 a centimeter under H. Im not sure what that equates to as far as oil. Also, I did check it after it sat overnight.
Not sure on the cm either, but I know after 1000 miles I had lost 1/4 qt (3/4 between the L and the H, toward the H). After 3000 miles, I ended down 1/2 qt (halfway between the L and the H)
Old 07-29-2007, 10:34 AM
ZmaXimus

One full centimeter if half way between L and H. Since I am 1/2 a centimerter, if what you say is correct, I guess I am down .25 of a quart.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:57 AM
dbasal

One full centimeter if half way between L and H. Since I am 1/2 a centimerter, if what you say is correct, I guess I am down .25 of a quart.
Actually, if you are halfway between the L and the H, then that is 1/2 qt down. I would keep a close eye on it and see if it continues. Either that, or take it in for an oil consumption test since you will need documentation on the new engine for arbitration. Hope everything work out.
Old 07-29-2007, 11:11 AM
ZmaXimus

No Im am half of that. I am one half of a half a quart down. Either way its going to the dealership tomorrow and they can figure it out. Also, isn't there someone who posted that said they were on there 3rd engine?
Old 07-29-2007, 11:16 AM
dbasal

No Im am half of that. I am one half of a half a quart down. Either way its going to the dealership tomorrow and they can figure it out. Also, isn't there someone who posted that said they were on there 3rd engine?
OK, then yes, 1/4 qt.

I believe it was Theatrix, but I think he is on his first "v2" engine.

I'm hoping that this engine will not burn anymore oil, but it it one of those things that will come to fruition over time. I just hope for the best and will take it for consumption testing if the problem comes back.
Old 07-29-2007, 11:33 AM
dbasal

Default Argh!

Well, I decided to go get the paper and check my oil since I have been talking about it today.

Here is what I found.

376 miles since the change and I verified it was full the next day. It is now 1/2 qt down! It seems like things are not so well.
Old 07-29-2007, 11:42 AM
ZmaXimus

your current engine was the final repair attempt, right?

Quick Reply: RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion