Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Clutch, Tranny, and Timing issue? with a twist.

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 07:43 PM
my-red-pony

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch, Tranny, and Timing issue? with a twist.

SO I have a 04 z33r I had the dealer replace the tranny last year due to the infamous 3rd gear. At that same time I replaced my clutch with an ACT stage3 clutch and flywheel drove it for 4000 miles and no problems. Last week it 3rd goes out again, so I buy a cd009 tranny from a 06 and drop the old tranny to install her. Come to find out the spring on the clutch is cracked and a little heat stressed. So I replace the ACT clutch and pressure plates (keeping the LW flywheel on) bold everything up and start the car. SLIP light is on VDC is always active Car will not stay at a steady idol, and as soon as you press the clutch pedal in the car DIES... so I’m thinking wtf?

Current mods are CAI, long tube headers, LW flywheel, and tanabe coilovers.

Does this have anything to do with the Magnetic sensor on the bottom of the tranny? .

Feedback is appreciated Thank you.
-Sam
Old 12-12-2009, 12:01 AM
hellsoldiers08

Maybe the catch point is offset? Maybe you need to go back and the work :/. just my 2cents
Old 12-13-2009, 09:53 AM
ZSpeedPerformance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by my-red-pony
SO I have a 04 z33r I had the dealer replace the tranny last year due to the infamous 3rd gear. At that same time I replaced my clutch with an ACT stage3 clutch and flywheel drove it for 4000 miles and no problems. Last week it 3rd goes out again, so I buy a cd009 tranny from a 06 and drop the old tranny to install her. Come to find out the spring on the clutch is cracked and a little heat stressed. So I replace the ACT clutch and pressure plates (keeping the LW flywheel on) bold everything up and start the car. SLIP light is on VDC is always active Car will not stay at a steady idol, and as soon as you press the clutch pedal in the car DIES... so I’m thinking wtf?

Current mods are CAI, long tube headers, LW flywheel, and tanabe coilovers.

Does this have anything to do with the Magnetic sensor on the bottom of the tranny? .

Feedback is appreciated Thank you.
-Sam
It has everything to do with the sensor on the trans, You may have damaged it when you pulled it out.
That is the crankshaft position sensor and is pretty sensitive. Did you remove it before you pulled the trans out?
Old 12-14-2009, 11:49 AM
my-red-pony

Tranny is off, the sensor seems to be fine. The only other problem is im using the 06 preassure plate with on my 04. If im not mistaken the 06 preassure plate is self adjusting? would this function lead the car to believe it is slipping?