Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Nismo Super Coppermix Twin Clutch Review

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 07:33 AM
Rookie84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nismo Super Coppermix Twin Clutch Review

I was searching for information on various clutches and there doesn't seem to be many threads with info I'm looking for or maybe I'm using wrong words to search. Anyway, since I'm bored right now, I figured I'd contribute with my review of Nismo Super Coppermix twin clutch.

I bought the car with this clutch - supposedly the clutch has few thousand miles on it - I forgot the exact number. Anyway, as far as drivability goes, it feels just like the OEM clutch. I was pleasantly surprised when I first drove my car, as I was expecting somewhat harder feel and engagement. At my current power levels - around 430rwhp right now - it holds the power just fine. I haven't tried launching my car yet so I'll report back after trying... waiting to get my car back from retune and for the weather to warm up.

There is some chatter in low RPMs. I don't really mind the chatter as it goes away quickly as RPMs climb. It is not excessive to begin with anyway. I haven't noticed much chatter at idle with clutch out.

Anyhow, my past experiences of different clutches are stock clutch and JWT on G35C. So I guess I only dealt with close-to-stock feel clutches... haha.

I did some searching online and found these clutches to be quite expensive... $2000+?? Am I looking at wrong places or is this really right? If this clutch really is that expensive, I believe there are better choices out there as carbon multi-plate clutches can be had for those prices.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:35 PM
ReV2Red
I haz da turbos

That's good to know. I'm going to be looking into either the Nismo Coppermix, or the OSGiken Twin Plate. There both about the same price and they both offer near OEM pedal feel.
The OS holds a bit more power i believe though.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:14 AM
Rookie84

I might try OS Gikken for my next clutch if it's as good to drive daily as Nismo and holds more power. Really, Nismo Coppermix is superb for daily driving. We'll see how long it holds at my power levels.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:52 PM
Sylvan Lake V35

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My nismo copper mix has been holding over 600ftlbs of torque at the wheels for over a year now. I might push it to 750+ftlbs this year see if it holds great clutch I have been running it at over 400ftlbs for 4 years no complaints at all.

Last edited by Sylvan Lake V35; 02-01-2011 at 06:54 PM.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:04 AM
Rookie84

^ Good to hear that this clutch holds the power. I guess it shoud last for a long time at my power levels, as I intend to keep it around 400rwhp or a little bit more.
Old 11-29-2014, 09:39 PM
350zDamienserna

Default .

Do you guys have a write up how to instal the nismo coppermix dual clutch?
Jus installed mine but no gears are going in , idk what it is
Old 11-30-2014, 10:32 AM
qew

Make sure you slave cylinder is actuating when you press on the clutch pedal,have someone press the clutch in n out while you look at the slave cylinder actuating or not. Thats what it sounds like to me. or possible something related to that maybe your fork came of the bearing the pushes back the pressure plate fingers. Please let us know the turnout.