Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Review of RJM adjustable clutch pedal bracket

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 05:35 PM
resident25

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RJM Performance
resident25 Thank you for your order, it'll be shipping out in the morning I look forward to hearing how it goes.
Sounds good. I'll be sure to review after the install. Thanks!
Old 02-09-2012, 03:21 PM
=Cerberus=

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just grabbed one of these. Had to wait for papal to straiten itself out.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:05 PM
RJM Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

Cerberus Thank you for your order. Your package will be going out Expedited on Monday morning as I'm out of town until Saturday. I look forward to hearing how the install goes
Old 02-11-2012, 11:06 AM
RJM Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Thumbs up

To make things easier for all our customers I can now accept all major Credit Cards without needing a PayPal account.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:07 AM
The Burgh

Thanks Ryan for taking the time and dedication to improve our 350z's. It would be great if all manual cars came with an adjustable clutch.

The one thing i really hated about my 08Z was the clutch. It was like a nagging woman...sometimes she was cool but most of the time i wanted to rip her head off. Not anymore

The install was straight forward but a little difficult being 6'4". The one thing I found easier was to remove the starter switch when trying to screw the clutch rod into the clevis. 1st and 2nd gear is a breeze now, almost too easy. With some fine tuning I'll get it the way I like.

If you on the fence about this one, dive in and pick one up. You won't regret it.

Thanks again Ryan for the quick response and shipping. I'm in love all over again with my car and just in time for V day.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:38 AM
chillah7889

Ryan, I got the modified AFP on Monday and will be replacing the current AFP with the modified one this week. As soon as I get it installed, I'll send you back the original and let you know how everything feels with my clutch. Thanks for the incredible customer service, by far the best I've ever come across!
Old 02-15-2012, 10:33 AM
RJM Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Thumbs up

Chillah, You're very welcome. I look forward to hearing how the new longer fork works out for you
Old 02-15-2012, 10:42 AM
RJM Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

The Burgh, Your welcome as well.

I'm glad to hear my product has made you fall in love iwth your car all over again. I know before I created this I was the same way. I had a love hate relationship with the car for sure. Loved the car... hated driving it some days. Ever since creating the RJM product I couldn't be happier with how my car drives now and even my wife loves it when before she hated driving it... not that was a bad thing

Now it's effortless to row through the gears when before it required concentration & planning before and after each shift make it "smooth-ish" only about 75% of the time and 1-2 was brutal to get consistant.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:16 PM
xilovelsdx

Well I know what I'm buying pay day.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:24 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

Bought one days ago... Looking forward to installing it.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:39 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Received 399 Likes on 227 Posts

Man.. I have big power on its way..nut im.really excited to see what this part does for me.along w the new cd009 trans. I hated shifting and hated the clutch feel..killed the mood.. ha.. I've never seen a thread w as good of customer service and replies of product happiness. Good job man..and a cheap price for what seems to be a bad *** part..
Old 02-23-2012, 06:17 PM
RJM Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Thumbs up

Flo-ridaZ33 Thank you for your purchase. Your kit's going out Expedited in the morning and should arrive in 3-4 days.

Brian, thanks for the kind words. I'm excited every day to come on here and read the reviews, the awesome pm's and the dozens of emails that have been pouring in ever since creating my product.

I'm a car guy with every fiber of my being and always will be. I was that kid doing oil changes with my Dad while still in diapers I knew if I was totally unhappy with the feel of the clutch then I wasn't alone and I set off to fix it once and for all. I'd tried every other trick in the book to make it feel better and they all helped to some degree but nothing compares to the adjustable fulcrum point mod.

I also grew up in a family business with both of my parents being entrepreneurs so I got my sense of business and customer service very early on. I learned there are two critical keys to success... A quality product and excellent customer service. Now becoming a Mechanical Engineer taught me there's always a better way to do anything if you put your mind to it and working on many ISO-9001-2000/2008 projects over the years has taught me the quality of any product or process should always strive for constant improvement.

Put all that together and RJM Performance Inc. was born out of my garage and has come a long way in only a short few months. To all the customers who've purchased and given me constructive and positive feed back I thank you for helping make the product and the business that much stronger. The G & Z communities have an excellent following and an amazing group of men and women.
I also look forward to meeting some of you at ZDayZ in May as RJM Performance Inc is now an official event sponsor this year. I'm really looking forward to making the 900mile trek down there to help promote and to participate in such a great event
Old 02-24-2012, 02:39 PM
Diesel350

Now you need a mod to get rid of that notchy gear box
Old 02-25-2012, 07:07 AM
RJM Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Thumbs up

Diesel350 my best mod for that notchy gearbox is 50/50 Redline MTL & MT90 in the summer when it's hot and Amsoil Synthetic Synchromesh fluid for cold Canadian Winters. I tried the Synchromesh fluid this winter after following a 1000 page post on it in another forum (Mitsubishi 3000GT and Dodge Stealth) where they tracked the transmission wear and dissolved metals via oil analysis every 1000miles with about 100 members taking part in the experiment for about a year testing different brand fluids, getting oil analysis done and reporting what worked best. They found their MT transmissions that also required a 75w/85/90 gear oil shifted much better on the synchromesh fluid and the oil analysis showed that there was no discernable increase in transmission wear metals with the thinner fluid over about 10k miles of consistent oil testing. The only caveat to the testing was that the GM synchromesh not being a true gear oil sheared down faster then 75w/90 and needed to be changed more often. I decided to go with the full synthetic Amsoil MTL to hopefully get better shear life out of it vs the non-synth GM stuff they were testing. However they did take a very scientific approach to it and the wear metal analysis at the same mileage marks was nearly identical for both gear oils and synchromesh fluids until the synchromesh got too thin around the 6000miles mark.

My own experience with it has been great so far. On cold winter mornings where the car has sat outside all night in freezing temps I can shift just as fast and easily leaving the driveway as I can once its warmed up. The shifts up & down feel nice with no synchro whirl or gear biting and the feel doesn't degrade as the car gets hot. In winter driving I highly doubt the trans temps ever reach anywhere near as high as during hard summer driving anyways.

I'll be changing it out in spring, before heading down to ZDayz, for my standard summer mix or I may try the new 75W85 Redline has out which is reportedly the same as the mix. I wouldn't run the sychromesh during summer as I think its too thin for hard driving and high temps but for moderate cold weather driving it really works well and the synchros seem to love it. The DodgeStealth guys doing the oil analysis were running flat out with boosted AWD cars in summer on the stuff but I'm not that brave and the Redline works just fine in summer anyways.

It seems also every transmission failure around here is related to synchros and not gear tooth wear so I feel fairly confident running an oil that may or maynot increase gear wear over time while significantly improving the cold synchro action.

Disclaimer- This in my personal experiance with the sychromesh fluid and its use in another transmission brand so try it at your own risk
Old 02-25-2012, 01:40 PM
Dave 90TT
350Z 2+2

Got mine installed today on my G. Install was not too bad; great instructions, I'm just a big guy with big hands, so it is hard to work underneath the dash.

First drive out, everything seems to be working great. Clutch is easier to push, on the right level with the brake pedal, and the engagement point is not right at the top anymore. I will have to drive for a few days and see what adjustments are needed.

I recommend this mod.
Old 02-26-2012, 02:45 PM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Has rjm thought about doing a my350z group buy?
Old 02-29-2012, 11:44 AM
f150intally

I just got the bracket installed today....my thoughts:

My Clutch Doesn't Own me!
I own my clutch now.

Unbelievable. I think it could use some adjusting but overall its incredible. OS Giken Twin Disk, pedal effort is night and day different. I did not install it myself but some buddies at their shop did it. It doesn't eliminate the on/off but it definitely makes it more progressive.

BEST MOD for the money, bar none.

Thanks RJM
Old 02-29-2012, 04:44 PM
RJM Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Thumbs up

Dave 90TT Thanks, I'm very happy to hear your enjoying the mod

f150intally That's awesome and you're very welcome

You may want to ask Binder about his previous setup as he had an OS Giken Twin with my product and reported he was able to slip his Giken nicely off the line without needing high revs after a little more tuning & tweaking of his AFP setup. I beleive he's running a Carbonetics Tripple Disk with it now.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:36 PM
f150intally

Originally Posted by RJM Performance
Dave 90TT Thanks, I'm very happy to hear your enjoying the mod

f150intally That's awesome and you're very welcome

You may want to ask Binder about his previous setup as he had an OS Giken Twin with my product and reported he was able to slip his Giken nicely off the line without needing high revs after a little more tuning & tweaking of his AFP setup. I beleive he's running a Carbonetics Tripple Disk with it now.
Right now, I am told the fulcrum is at the 75% mark and the adjustment rod is all the way through the fork and bottomed out on the deepest threads. The pedal was really high otherwise. What is the fulcrum adjustability? If I move above 80%, will it pull the pedal down some?

Perhaps Jeff could describe is adjustments?

Last edited by f150intally; 02-29-2012 at 05:42 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:36 PM
RJM Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Thumbs up

The fulcrum adjustability is the AFP Slider which moves the forks leverage point relative to the pedals pivot center. The higher the AFP % is raised the closer the fork moves towards the upper pivot point. Raising the AFP will make the pedal slightly higher. You could get the pedal a little lower by dropping the AFP slider slightly to say 60-70%. Alternately you could pull the pedal pivot bolt, unscrew the fork and flip the lock nut from the backside of the fork to the front side to give you about 3 more available clutch rod turns before bottoming out which would lower the pedal considerably more.

Quick Reply: Review of RJM adjustable clutch pedal bracket