Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What do you mean by help? if you mean by making the car more solid, than yes
Old 08-07-2013, 10:43 AM
350Zdj

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 35thsickz33
would these help on a 5at?? or just really benefit the mt
I have it on my 5AT
Shifts feel a bit more firm. IMO you'd have to have stronger engine mounts and differential bushings to make the whole thing work.

Downside is cabin vibration is significantly stronger with this trans bushing.
Old 04-07-2014, 05:35 PM
Nismo G

Originally Posted by corsairprime
I bought and installed the Z1 Motorsports billet trans mount recently. I do like it. Yup there's more noise in the cab. Not altogether in a bad way. I may put some silicone strips at the body mount locations evetually. Jury's still out.

P.S. I think the billet mount poly bushings are 70A stiffness. I could be wrong though.
Bringing this back from the dead, but did you ever put silicone between the mount? I just installed the torque solutions today and i can hear/feel every tooth in the transmission. I'm not sure if it is normal or not? It's pretty intense almost like holding a video game controller with the vibration on...
Old 04-13-2014, 09:08 AM
0jiggy0

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Normal.
Old 04-13-2014, 10:25 AM
Toneloc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nismo G
Bringing this back from the dead, but did you ever put silicone between the mount? I just installed the torque solutions today and i can hear/feel every tooth in the transmission. I'm not sure if it is normal or not? It's pretty intense almost like holding a video game controller with the vibration on...
That's normal, over time it will loosen up a tad but the resonance will always be in the cab... but I didn't care the shift is firm like it should be.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:32 AM
goracerx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm with Helsinki - 75A is too harsh for a street car. Good for or a track car, A young kid that already has and likes loud a exhaust noise or an old lady that's used to riding on the back of a Harley (bzZzz). They should never have discontinued the 60 durometer!

It does not fix the notchy shift. So far nothing does. It does change shift firmness at high rpm fast shifting or dumping off the line. There is no thud or delay, like an automatic.

Has anyone tried dynomat to dampen the trans noise and vibration that is amplified throughout the car frame like a tuning fork? anyone, someone, ...Bueller?

Last edited by goracerx; 05-14-2014 at 09:43 AM.
Old 08-14-2014, 02:55 PM
jjaujou

Rise, dead thread! RIIIIIIIISE AND LIVE AGAIIIIIIIIN!

Just bought one. Is the internal bushing race supposed to be all offset like this?

Edit: huh. I called up TS, and the guy on the other end said it was fine. He actually sounded annoyed that I was even asking.

Last edited by jjaujou; 08-15-2014 at 11:45 AM.
Old 08-31-2014, 07:07 AM
jrbrown

rise again.

I bought one of these and the noise was too much for me. I took mine out and added rubber bushings in between the transmission crossmember and the frame. I cut six ply tire side wall and put it there. then I traced out the trans mount on the sidewall of a ten ply tire and cut it out. i bolted the transmission mount up with that in between.

The noise is about a third of what it was and the mount feels the same. I can hear my exhaust again with the mount!!! Hope this helps.
Old 09-24-2014, 07:18 PM
cashmoney03

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Reviving this again. Seriously considering this when I do the rear end bushings. Is the noise difference really that bad? This is my daily so noise is an issue. Is it easily covered up by the radio or does it always sound like gear whine? Are the vibrations felt throughout the car or just the shifter?
Old 09-24-2014, 10:09 PM
350Zdj

You don't feel the vibration on the shifter. It's on the whole body of the car but it's just slightly increased vibration. I feel mine on mid range rpms. But then I also have the Z1 engine mounts. It shouldn't be that bad with just the Z1 trans bushing alone.

No you don't hear any gear whine at all.

But if you're really concerned about NVH just get the OEM Nissan mounts. They last long anyways.
Old 10-10-2014, 01:28 AM
MYTT350Z

Getting the torque solutions mount in the mail today. Solid mounts to follow Will install and let you know what I think about it.
Old 10-10-2014, 07:30 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,283 Likes on 1,645 Posts

Originally Posted by cashmoney03
Reviving this again. Seriously considering this when I do the rear end bushings. Is the noise difference really that bad? This is my daily so noise is an issue. Is it easily covered up by the radio or does it always sound like gear whine? Are the vibrations felt throughout the car or just the shifter?
The trans mount I heard no difference in noise, just vibration. Then again, my car is already a rattle trap. Next is their motor mounts
Old 10-13-2014, 06:52 PM
NAbuilderZ33

Nice collection of responses and reviews! Swayed my decision heavily to pick one of these up for my build.
Old 10-13-2014, 10:31 PM
350Zdj

I guess there's some sort of "break-in" period on this mount kit because the harshness on my car somehow eased down a bit after a couple hundred of KMs
Old 10-14-2014, 06:44 AM
Chi-TownWarrior

I just wish they still had the 60A durometer mount still. Has anyone had both?
Old 11-10-2014, 10:07 PM
jjaujou

Default Finally got around to installing it

Wow. Just wow.

TL;DR - ridiculous increase in vibration, better driver-to-drivetrain connection, better shifting.

The car feels angry all the time now. Angry like, frothing at the mouth with rabies, gonna put Ol' Yeller down now, ANGRY.

The vibration and noise is staggering. I was in the midst of some suspension work when I installed the transmission mount, and my initial thought when I'd put the car back together was that I'd somehow allowed the front strut tower brace to contact the plenum cover. Between my lightweight flywheel and this 75a mount, accelerating from a stop through 1st and 2nd gear is embarrassing with a passenger in the car. It feels like something's horribly wrong.

However, everything about the driveline feels tighter now. Shifting in general feels more positive, especially when hard under power. Cruising in 6th at freeway speeds is tolerable, but there's still increased vibration and drone inside the cabin. I didn't test outside the cabin at freeway speeds.

I have 100sqft of Fatmat in my car, and I shudder to think of what it'd be like without sound dampening. I put 100 miles on it after bolting it on and maybe it softened up a little, but it's hard to tell. The car lost its day-to-day civility and I'm not sure if I'm sold on it, to be honest.

edit: I removed the mount to check the pin size and it was a tenth of a millimeter tighter than my OEM mount, so no manufacturing errors there. (This thread) After reinstalling it, the noise might have quieted down a little bit, but it's hard to say. Per my previous post you can see that my pin was offset (it isn't anymore) so perhaps the mount benefited from being re-torqued after having time to center itself.

The bottom line is that it still sucks for daily driving. It feels like I'm dragging the engine on the ground. I'm going to try jrbrown's solution of shimming the mount's cross member with heavy rubber, but if that doesn't tame the NVH I'll likely return to OEM.

Last edited by jjaujou; 11-17-2014 at 01:48 PM.
Old 09-23-2016, 12:57 AM
Surfer90291

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Just installed the Torque Solution 75A and went for a drive. The vibration sounds totally unhealthy! I didn't notice much difference in shifting (I'm on a CD009), will give it a few miles but might switch back to oem...

EDIT: After a few canyon runs I changed my mind. It settled a bit, still very loud in the cabin but acceptable. I'm keeping it!

Last edited by Surfer90291; 09-25-2016 at 03:03 PM.