Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

WOT BOX/No ASCD Switch. HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 07:32 AM
BadBlu-Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WOT BOX/No ASCD Switch. HELP!

I bought the WOT BOX from N2MB for my base model Z. Im finding out that I need to connect a wire to the ASCD Clutch switch, The base model Z does not have cruise control and does not have this switch:/ Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do? Can I just buy the switch and install it? Any help would be Appreciated. Thanks.
Old 02-16-2013, 04:50 PM
AURMEND

I dont have a WOT BOX but after researching it and looking at the install instruction it looks like you just intall it on the regular clutch switch
Old 02-16-2013, 10:48 PM
winchman

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

How would that work?

The regular clutch switch is for starting the car, and it's looking for the pedal to be all the way down before the starter will work.

The ACSD clutch switch is looking for the pedal to be all the way up. The ACSD will disengage (or won't engage) if it's not.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:20 AM
winchman

I just read through the description of the WOT BOX. Here's what it says along with my take on it.

"The No-Lift Shift feature makes no-lift shifting easy by cutting your engine's ignition for a very short period while you no-lift shift." Never mind that you're washing down your cylinders with raw, unburned fuel while the ignition isn't working. You're also killing your catalytic converter.

"The ignition cut allows the synchros in your transmission to mesh easily, reducing the chance of missing a gear and damaging your transmission." Isn't that what the clutch is for?

"Keeping your foot down through the shift also allows you to hold boost through the shift, thereby significantly improving your E.T." The turbocharger depends on the flow HOT exhaust gases. If you cut the ignition, they're not going to be hot, and the turbo speed (and boost) will drop drastically.

Adding the ACSD clutch switch would be the way to get it to work. Using the regular clutch switch would keep the WOT BOX from starting its timing functions until the pedal is all the way down. To get the SUPPOSED benefits, you want it to start timing when you start pushing the clutch pedal down.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:21 PM
BadBlu-Z

Default Wiring Questions! WOT box

so I bought the WOT box for my 06 base model 350z and I found out I didn't have a ASCD clutch switch because I didn't have cruise control, I noticed there was an extra plug in the same harness as the lower clutch switch so I figured that was for the upper switch that I did not have. So I ordered the clutch switch, now my problem is the two ends are not the same size, so I'm not sure if thats where it was meant to go. So.... My question. Would I be able to set the switch in place and wire just the WOT box harness to it and make it work? I just need to find some alternative to activate the switch to make the full throttle shifting work properly. Any help would be great, thanks!! I attached pictures.

Old 03-14-2013, 08:36 AM
winchman

What happened to the earlier thread about this?

https://my350z.com/forum/maintenance...itch-help.html

Oh, it got moved to a sub-forum where no would see it. Looks like that's where this one is going, too.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:44 AM
winchman

The answer to your question is in the instructions here:
https://sites.google.com/a/npcomplet...-stepfeature22

See this picture:
https://sites.google.com/a/npcomplet.../350Z_WOT3.jpg
Old 03-15-2013, 06:32 PM
BadBlu-Z

Originally Posted by winchman
The answer to your question is in the instructions here:
https://sites.google.com/a/npcomplet...-stepfeature22

See this picture:
https://sites.google.com/a/npcomplet.../350Z_WOT3.jpg
That doesnt answer my question being that my car doesn't have that switch. I ordered the switch and i have it, but It does not match up with the harness that I thought it would of went to.. So Im wandering if I can hook up the new switch directly with the WOT box, and not with any factory harness, and make it work some how??
Old 03-15-2013, 09:48 PM
winchman

Don't worry about using the connector on the wiring harness. Wire one side of the switch to a good ground, and connect the wire from the WOT box to the other side.

As it says in the caption, you want the wire from the box to be grounded when the clutch pedal is up and open (not grounded) when the pedal moves down.

You can buy little insulated spade connectors that will slip into the switch at Lowes or Home Depot.
Attached Thumbnails WOT BOX/No ASCD Switch. HELP!-2013-03-16_0134_wot_wiring.png  

Last edited by winchman; 03-15-2013 at 09:53 PM.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:10 AM
BadBlu-Z

Originally Posted by winchman
Don't worry about using the connector on the wiring harness. Wire one side of the switch to a good ground, and connect the wire from the WOT box to the other side.

As it says in the caption, you want the wire from the box to be grounded when the clutch pedal is up and open (not grounded) when the pedal moves down.

You can buy little insulated spade connectors that will slip into the switch at Lowes or Home Depot.
Ah, ok I was hoping i could do that! Ill see if that works. Thanks!!
Old 04-27-2016, 09:13 PM
JoseValencia27

Default Help with N2mb Coil wiring

I am completely lost as to where the Red and Orange wires, from the wot box, go connected to in the engine harness. I have done plenty of looking around for information and can't find an answer as to where. So I am hoping to get help from someone who has successfully installed the wotbox in a 350z.

What i have so far. My problem is that tge 2 step isnt functioning.
Old 04-28-2016, 03:47 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,044 Likes on 6,510 Posts

call the manufacturer.... also, i hope that you didnt just twist and tape the wires
Old 04-28-2016, 04:17 AM
JoseValencia27

Originally Posted by travlee
call the manufacturer.... also, i hope that you didnt just twist and tape the wires
Haha, no the wires are like that just to test em', when working I have the heat shrink and solder ready for when 2 step is working. Thanks thou
Old 04-28-2016, 04:22 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,044 Likes on 6,510 Posts

whew, was about to say. as far as the wiring, i would hit up the maker
The following users liked this post:
JoseValencia27 (04-28-2016)
Old 04-28-2016, 06:26 PM
JoseValencia27

I got it figured out! I connected the Red and Orange wire to the white/blue wire on the wiring harness behind the battery.

Edit: 2 step works beautifully.