Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

just got an '03 with 86k miles, what should I look into first?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 10:47 PM
ohmicide

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

?????

anyways, got the car back today, heater works like it should and temp is more stable so that's all good now

I think the sway bar end links might be next, or something else suspension related, getting some squeaks on bumpy roads
Old 04-14-2014, 12:59 PM
ohmicide

just got back form the dealer, AC was making noise when cooling air and ends up the compressor and pulley need to be replaced

the parts are not covered under warranty and they quoted the repairs at roughly $1300 which is abslutely ridiculous

this makes me just want to return the car to be honest, I'm paying almost $11k plus financing (around $6000 with a $4500 down) for an '03 with 86k miles with beaten up seats, a horribly painted front bumper courtney of my dealer, paint chips all over

I know I could just get a used compressor somewhere and a pulley off Autozone and just take it to a mechanic to have them install everything but this is ********, I was told the car had gone through the "gold" inspection and was in perfect working condition
Old 04-17-2014, 08:00 AM
eZg

Received 59 Likes on 55 Posts

used car dealer suck a$$

hate to say it but the $170 inspection should have been done pre-purchase.

Just my opinion but I get a LOT of enjoyment out of my aftermarket exhaust.

Also suspension upgrades are awesome on these cars.

Good luck!!
Old 04-17-2014, 08:20 AM
05CaliZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ohmicide
just got back form the dealer, AC was making noise when cooling air and ends up the compressor and pulley need to be replaced

the parts are not covered under warranty and they quoted the repairs at roughly $1300 which is abslutely ridiculous

this makes me just want to return the car to be honest, I'm paying almost $11k plus financing (around $6000 with a $4500 down) for an '03 with 86k miles with beaten up seats, a horribly painted front bumper courtney of my dealer, paint chips all over

I know I could just get a used compressor somewhere and a pulley off Autozone and just take it to a mechanic to have them install everything but this is ********, I was told the car had gone through the "gold" inspection and was in perfect working condition
Is it possible to return it?

FWIW, I got my 05 Touring for 13,600 with 45,000 miles
Old 04-17-2014, 08:31 AM
ohmicide

Originally Posted by eZg
used car dealer suck a$$

hate to say it but the $170 inspection should have been done pre-purchase.

Just my opinion but I get a LOT of enjoyment out of my aftermarket exhaust.

Also suspension upgrades are awesome on these cars.

Good luck!!
thanks man, and they're actually a Chrysler Dodge Jeep dealer with a Mopar

good news is that they cut me a check and didn't have to spend a dime to get the AC pulley replaced because the place I went to hit my bumper and agreed to cover the part and labor

they also told me the compressor isn't really making any noticable noise, I gotta wait until it gets a bit hotter to do a proper test but right now the noise seems to be mostly gone

I'm debating wether I want to invest on a true dual exhaust and transmission upgrades or just do smaller bolt on upgrades, not so sure how I feel about the manumatic transmission tbh, might just keep the car for a couple of years but who knows
Old 04-17-2014, 08:37 AM
ohmicide

Originally Posted by 05CaliZ
Is it possible to return it?

FWIW, I got my 05 Touring for 13,600 with 45,000 miles
not really, I know I could have done better if I would have been more patient but I would have had to travel down to SFL and look around for weeks which I really didn't have time to, plus if I would have run into any problems like I did I would have been 500 miles away from the dealer instead of 4

luckily everything is getting fixed without me having to spend a dime