Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

(opinions) throwout bearing 2007 z

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 08:57 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,047 Likes on 6,513 Posts

it no biggie, now he has heard it from 2 sources so he knows we arent leading him wrong
Old 04-01-2015, 05:39 AM
07_3fitty_z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by timeltel
Regards, 07 3fitt, umm, OP: "i took it to three different shops they all say is the barring."

First, find a new mechanic. One who knows what he's taking about.

Think about it; when the clutch pedal is released the clutch is engaged, the throwout bearing is idle. The noise you're hearing is (very likely) the transmission input shaft bearings, amplified by the undamped lightweight flywheel. When the clutch pedal is down (clutch DISengaged), the input shaft is then idle, no noise.

Got it? If not then search the forum, there are literally hundreds of posts about this subject. Enter "Cement mixer", a good start.

http://www.zspeedperformance.com/Clu...ystem_c114.htm

Click the link, a CSC is shown, the second listing. Click on the image to enlarge. Note that the clutch release bearing is integral to the CSC. You'll not find a separate throwout bearing for the HR Z. Scroll 'bout half way down the page, there's a stand-alone clutch release bearing for the previous DE setup. This is what is traditionally referred to as "the throwout bearing".

Internet diagnoses are hit-or-miss, you might call ZSpeed. They're good people, very experienced and will be glad to talk to you.

hey man thanks or your help some other guy here said the same ting. so that what im going to do. Im going to to replace the fly wheel nd go oem, if not i believe is only gonna cause problems later on i believe. thank you
Old 04-01-2015, 05:43 AM
07_3fitty_z

Originally Posted by travlee
you don't have a throwout bearing since you have the hr. i would replace the internal csc with the zspeed heavy duty one. get ready for a raping if you can't do the labor yourself, you have to drop the transmission to replace it. yes since you have the lightweight flywheel, you will get more chatter when the pedal isn't pushed in. the only way to get rid of most of the chatter is to go back to a dual mass flywheel
hey man so turns out you where right. i took it down to miami just to make sure and yeah most likely that fly wheel is coming of and oem is going on. thank you for your help.. But im about to get booty raped by those ppl with labor. anything else you recommend changing once the tranny is out ? beside clutch and flywheel ?
Old 04-01-2015, 05:47 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,047 Likes on 6,513 Posts

replace the slave cylinder with the zspeed HD one..... when mine went out the first time i put oem back in there, well it went out again 6 months later. i put in the zspeed one and never looked back
Old 04-02-2015, 05:50 PM
07_3fitty_z

Originally Posted by travlee
replace the slave cylinder with the zspeed HD one..... when mine went out the first time i put oem back in there, well it went out again 6 months later. i put in the zspeed one and never looked back
Clitch was replaced 2 years ago amd previous owner said that salve cyclder was replaced with a zspeed one. Should i still replace it?. Question what are the disadvantage of removing the flywheel back to oem ?
Old 04-08-2015, 08:33 AM
Zazz93

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah.. the stock DMF is much quieter than the aftermarket lightened flywheels. But I found that a slightly thicker fluid in the tranny helped quiet it down the input shaft's rattling a good bit. It doesn't take it away but it will quiet it a little. Be careful not to go too crazy with viscosities for your local temps.

If you've already swapped it out... I'll just leave this for the next guy to ask the question.

Last edited by Zazz93; 04-08-2015 at 08:34 AM.
Old 04-10-2015, 05:58 AM
07_3fitty_z

Originally Posted by Zazz93
Yeah.. the stock DMF is much quieter than the aftermarket lightened flywheels. But I found that a slightly thicker fluid in the tranny helped quiet it down the input shaft's rattling a good bit. It doesn't take it away but it will quiet it a little. Be careful not to go too crazy with viscosities for your local temps.

If you've already swapped it out... I'll just leave this for the next guy to ask the question.
lol yes ill leave it for the next guy, car is going in next Tuesday hopefully everything goes smooth