Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

not starting....damn

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 04:47 AM
cincysilvias14

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Exclamation not starting....damn

hey all, this morning i went to start up my z and it wouldnt turn over. It's a 2004 enthusiast with 13k 6 spd manual. The car has done this to me before where it wouldn't start right away but on the 2nd or 3rd try it'd fire up like it was nothing. Now it just wont turn over period. Maybe i hadnt noticed this but the security light was a solid not flashing (dunno if that even means anything i had to enter the car manually since the clicker is dead) Car hasn't thrown any codes so im kinda in the dark. any thoughts?
Old 04-17-2015, 04:52 AM
jdm-v35

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

if security light is solid it probably is in protect mode and will not start. something wrong with your key maybe? did the little chip fall out? the chip in one of mine was coming loose once but luckily didnt fall out.
Old 04-17-2015, 04:54 AM
Pengu

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

This happened to me the day I bought my Z.... It was aggravating to say the least. I don't know if this did anything but I got out of my car, locked it, left it alone for 2 minutes, got back in and closed the door and it started and haven't had an issue since. I like to think the issue was because I had 3 keys and they were too close to the sensor. I am not sure this does anything but I haven't had an issue since.

I just read a thread a few days ago where someone scanned for a code and they got an error regarding the key was dying. Could you scan for codes?
Old 04-17-2015, 06:02 AM
cincysilvias14

Originally Posted by Pengu
This happened to me the day I bought my Z.... It was aggravating to say the least. I don't know if this did anything but I got out of my car, locked it, left it alone for 2 minutes, got back in and closed the door and it started and haven't had an issue since. I like to think the issue was because I had 3 keys and they were too close to the sensor. I am not sure this does anything but I haven't had an issue since.

I just read a thread a few days ago where someone scanned for a code and they got an error regarding the key was dying. Could you scan for codes?
i could try, but will that even stop the car from starting?
Old 04-17-2015, 06:06 AM
Pengu

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by cincysilvias14
i could try, but will that even stop the car from starting?
Not sure, but your best bet is to scan the car for any codes.
Old 04-21-2015, 03:44 AM
cincysilvias14

Originally Posted by Pengu
Not sure, but your best bet is to scan the car for any codes.
welp sure as hell it ended up being the keys.... 142 big ones later the cars running. Clay cooley nissan said I need to watch the BCM though just in case the new keys start messing up.