Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Need Clutch and Flywheel input

Old 07-23-2015, 09:38 AM
AA-ron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Clutch and Flywheel input

Ok 350z community, I need some help. I recently noticed some problems with my Z and it turns out the clutch needs some attention. I took it into a shop to look at and they quoted me $2200 parts and labor. Thats enough for me to take the time to look into fixing this myself.

So first question, I had a friend recommend that the clutch could just need adjusted. Is this possible, or once the clutch is slipping is it pretty much guaranteed that you have to replace it and the flywheel?

Second, if I'm replacing the clutch (and possibly the flywheel) does anyone have experience with a specific setup they would recommend? Of course its a Z so performance is a consideration, but I'm not going as far as any track days with this car.

Any input is appreciated!
Old 07-23-2015, 09:44 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,044 Likes on 6,510 Posts

Originally Posted by AA-ron
Ok 350z community, I need some help. I recently noticed some problems with my Z and it turns out the clutch needs some attention. I took it into a shop to look at and they quoted me $2200 parts and labor. Thats enough for me to take the time to look into fixing this myself.

So first question, I had a friend recommend that the clutch could just need adjusted. Is this possible, or once the clutch is slipping is it pretty much guaranteed that you have to replace it and the flywheel?

Second, if I'm replacing the clutch (and possibly the flywheel) does anyone have experience with a specific setup they would recommend? Of course its a Z so performance is a consideration, but I'm not going as far as any track days with this car.

Any input is appreciated!
dont listen to your friend, there is a small adjustment point but does nothing if you are slipping. this has been addressed many times in the 12 years that the car has been out. you will need to replace the clutch, flywheel, pivot ball. a popular after market setup is the JWT. do some homework, search in google and at the end of what you type put site:my350z.com and it will pull up everything regarding your search from this site