Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Hard to get into gear with new clutch and flywheel

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 01:50 PM
vbplaya

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hard to get into gear with new clutch and flywheel

I have a 2005 350z and I replaced the clutch and flywheel yesterday. I now have to push my clutch pedal all the way into the floor in order to get it into gear. That being said it is still difficult to put into get at that point. If I pull my clutch only a hair off full extension the car starts to pull forward.

I've looked online trying to find what might be causing this but most everything says that I need to bleed the clutch. Problem is that I didn't disconnect the clutch fluid line from the cylinder while doing the replacement so I have a hard time believing that could be the cause (such as air in the line). I did hear that if I pushed in the clutch or the clutch cylinder while it was not hooked up to the transmission it could cause a problem. I think that I MAY (not absolute on this) have pushed in the cylinder pin some when I was mounting it back onto the transmission. From what I understand it then saves that in memory as a clutch point. I should say ... I didn't disconnect power when I changed out the clutch/flywheel.

So ... I'm guessing it is one of these two scenarios:

1) It was because I moved the cylinder pin when replacing and therefore needs to be resolved. (which I don't know how to resolve ... everything I saw online says "DON'T" do it ... but doesn't say what to do IF you do it).

2) It is some other issue I haven't come across yet. If so ... what is your thought on what it could be and how to resolve it. I did install factory clutch and flywheel components, I don't see any reason why the clutch fork could be bent, everything internally looked fine and nothing was harmed in the replacement.

Thanks in advance for your input ...

S
Old 08-14-2015, 03:25 PM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Received 956 Likes on 721 Posts

clutch system has no memory
check fluid in reservoir
Adjust pedal rod in the floor board.

What clutch did you get?
Old 08-17-2015, 07:48 AM
vbplaya