Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

VVT Solenoid

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 11:07 AM
Teo Romero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default VVT Solenoid

Hello guys, yesterday I took my car to autozone to get my SES light scanned. The OBDII read that I had a VVT solenoid problem in bank 1 and 2. Now I know that when the oil in the engine needs to be changed the solenoids can go bad/clogg or that the SES light will give you that reading because the oil needs to be changed.

I have done my research and my car seems to have no problems Idling, weird noises, loss of power, or revving problems. The car is powerful and Idles great. I did an oil change about 2 weeks ago and the oil was pretty bad. but the SES light is still on. The only problem that I had a couple times in the past was that when I would turn it on sometimes the car would drop the RPM's so low when I would turn it on that it would turn back off instantly. Could this be related to the VVT solenoid?

BTW I have only owned this car for a little less than a month.
Old 10-17-2016, 07:30 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Replace solenoids and let us know!
Old 10-18-2016, 12:53 PM
samsniss350z

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Have you tried the "pedal dance" or disconnected your battery and left it overnight before reconnecting to reset the ECU? Or did the Autozone guys clear the code and its returned?
If they cleared the code and it has returned the same code then your only option is to do what rcdash has said to do. If they didn't clear it then try one of the above to clear it and see if it returns.
Old 10-18-2016, 02:45 PM
Conway_160

Received 341 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by Teo Romero
Hello guys, yesterday I took my car to autozone to get my SES light scanned. The OBDII read that I had a VVT solenoid problem in bank 1 and 2. Now I know that when the oil in the engine needs to be changed the solenoids can go bad/clogg or that the SES light will give you that reading because the oil needs to be changed.

I have done my research and my car seems to have no problems Idling, weird noises, loss of power, or revving problems. The car is powerful and Idles great. I did an oil change about 2 weeks ago and the oil was pretty bad. but the SES light is still on. The only problem that I had a couple times in the past was that when I would turn it on sometimes the car would drop the RPM's so low when I would turn it on that it would turn back off instantly. Could this be related to the VVT solenoid?

BTW I have only owned this car for a little less than a month.
If you need some let me know, ill sell ya some :-)
Old 10-20-2016, 02:24 PM
Teo Romero

Originally Posted by samsniss350z
Have you tried the "pedal dance" or disconnected your battery and left it overnight before reconnecting to reset the ECU? Or did the Autozone guys clear the code and its returned?
If they cleared the code and it has returned the same code then your only option is to do what rcdash has said to do. If they didn't clear it then try one of the above to clear it and see if it returns.
I took it back to autozone and they tried clearing it but it didn't even go away for a second. Could they have done it wrong??

Also, whats the pedal dance?
Old 10-27-2016, 06:52 AM
Teo Romero

So my mechanic told me to clear the code and if the code came to just replace it, so i did. Now a week later the light has come back on and it is now reading code P2A00 which is the air fuel sensor and it is still reading the old code which is P0011 P0024 which is vvt. I'm gonna replace my vvt solenoids and hopefully that fixes the problem. Also, should I be worried about the other code if I'm just gonna run test pipes later on?
Old 11-15-2016, 03:19 AM
Teo Romero

Quick update: I replaced the solenoids and TADA problem fixed!!
The following users liked this post:
Eigen (11-15-2016)