Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Not going into gear after engine swap! Please Help

Old 11-02-2016, 09:24 AM
DaytonaBlueZ33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not going into gear after engine swap! Please Help

Hey everyone I just got done swapping the engine in my 03 for a lower mileage better condition engine. Process went smoothly until the very end when the new engine was first turned on the car was still on jack stands and the wheels started rolling. I was confused and confirmed the transmission was in nuetral, it was. So I next attempt to cycle the gears, first gear went in ok then NOTHING after that. 2,3,4,5 and 6 gear all not there, noise comes from under car when you try to press into the gate. Big factor I changed the stock clutch line for a Z1 steal braided and my clutch pedal feels weak, tried to conventionally blead clutch 4 times and nothing changed; no visible leaks. When the car is off you can cycle all six gears and reverse clutch in or not. Very confused not exactly sure what to do next have been told master cylinder or slave but both worked perfectly fine before new line and the swap.

POSSIBLE FACTOR:
Engine replacement was pulled from 5AT Z, removed auto pilot bearing and installed manual pilot bearing.

Replaced clutch with stage 2 and flywheel for single mqss

Clutch will not conventionally blead.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

Last edited by DaytonaBlueZ33; 11-02-2016 at 09:27 AM.
Old 11-02-2016, 03:52 PM
Conway_160

Received 341 Likes on 280 Posts

Is the clutch disk in backwards? Is the shifter aligned properly, is clutch disengaging?
Old 11-02-2016, 03:54 PM
Conway_160

Received 341 Likes on 280 Posts

Clutch is a huge pain in the *** to bleed so try that for a little more.
Old 11-02-2016, 04:19 PM
DaytonaBlueZ33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Conway_160
Clutch is a huge pain in the *** to bleed so try that for a little more.
So update, adjusted the clutch pedal to engage higher and started car in second gear. Somehow something worked and the car will now go in all gears while on, progress. BUT the clutch is grabbing seriously close to the floor like maybe an inch, and this is after the adjustment which was three full turns of the adjustment rod. Have read the clutch still needs to be bled more to help with engagement. Any idea about this? I'm just happy to know the problem isnt looking as internal as before. Thanks for your response I appreciate your time and knowledge!
Old 11-02-2016, 04:52 PM
guitman32

Received 108 Likes on 90 Posts

Make sure you bled it properly, and then keep bleeding.

And if it stays that close to the floor, you are lucky. The engagement point will come up, characteristic of the platform.

As long as you were able to close the bellhousing (no gap) and didnt mess us on the install, and used the correct parts, its the bleed or master/slave cyls.
Old 11-07-2016, 04:10 AM
samsniss350z

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

I would've said check the slave as these are usually replaced whenever the box is separated from the motor, but you've already done this.

Search this Thread