Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Rebuilt engine help

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2017, 05:50 AM
Turbo_Tay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rebuilt engine help

Hey guys I need some advice. I recently had a shop rebuild my engine. The first time they gave it back to me after I paid another shot a lot of money to put it in the car we ran it for about a minute. We quickly noticed low oil pressure so we dropped the pan to find paper towel clogging the oil pickup. Here is a video of the oil when we pulled the pan.

https://youtu.be/iGQmVM4SnD0

I then paid for the motor to be pulled and brought back to the engine builders. I asked them to clean it up and check all the tolerances and check for excessive wear. They said they cleaned it and everything was perfect (they charged me another 400). So I brought the engine back to the shop who has my car and paid them to put it back in. After about a month the car was all back together and getting ready for dyno again. Right before dyno we did an oil change (with about 2-3 minutes at idle ). This is a link to a video the shop took of the oil.

https://youtu.be/OZFOHoOGoqQ

I don't know if that little amount of metal in the oil is normal. The shop is telling me it has to be pulled again and gone all the way through. So what I am here for is advice from any of you who have rebuilt motors before or have been in a situation similar to this. It has been 16 month since I started this project and I don't know where to go from here.

Parts list;
•Powerenterprise twin pe1420 turbos
•weisco 8.8:1 compression Pistons
•eagle rods
•acl rod and main bearings
•Aam return style fuel system
•walbro 255 fuel pump
•aem wideband
•aem boost gauge
•greddy boost controller
•.5 bar waste gate springs
• nismo exhaust
• uprev maf
•uprev tune
• deatschwerks 600cc injectors
• billet fuel rails

Thanks
Old 03-31-2017, 10:59 PM
toogood131

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

Is it just me, but what do you need help with? I don't see a question anywhere in your post.

Originally Posted by Turbo_Tay
Hey guys I need some advice. I recently had a shop rebuild my engine. The first time they gave it back to me after I paid another shot a lot of money to put it in the car we ran it for about a minute. We quickly noticed low oil pressure so we dropped the pan to find paper towel clogging the oil pickup. Here is a video of the oil when we pulled the pan.

https://youtu.be/iGQmVM4SnD0

I then paid for the motor to be pulled and brought back to the engine builders. I asked them to clean it up and check all the tolerances and check for excessive wear. They said they cleaned it and everything was perfect (they charged me another 400). So I brought the engine back to the shop who has my car and paid them to put it back in. After about a month the car was all back together and getting ready for dyno again. Right before dyno we did an oil change (with about 2-3 minutes at idle ). This is a link to a video the shop took of the oil.

https://youtu.be/OZFOHoOGoqQ

I don't know if that little amount of metal in the oil is normal. The shop is telling me it has to be pulled again and gone all the way through. So what I am here for is advice from any of you who have rebuilt motors before or have been in a situation similar to this. It has been 16 month since I started this project and I don't know where to go from here.

Parts list;
•Powerenterprise twin pe1420 turbos
•weisco 8.8:1 compression Pistons
•eagle rods
•acl rod and main bearings
•Aam return style fuel system
•walbro 255 fuel pump
•aem wideband
•aem boost gauge
•greddy boost controller
•.5 bar waste gate springs
• nismo exhaust
• uprev maf
•uprev tune
• deatschwerks 600cc injectors
• billet fuel rails

Thanks
Old 04-03-2017, 09:02 AM
eZg

Received 59 Likes on 55 Posts

Take it back to the shop that built the engine and tell them they left the towel in block, obviously didn't go thru the engine a second time or else they would have found the debris.

Ask for a written guarantee. Of course, they won't want to give you one because a bad tune could blow you engine up just as easily as their work.

I doubt they will give you your money back.
Old 04-03-2017, 09:32 AM
iideadeyeii

Received 441 Likes on 357 Posts

you got hosed
also why such low compression?! .5bar 8.8 compression . . . even if you are doubling that 8.8 is low

Last edited by iideadeyeii; 04-03-2017 at 09:35 AM.
Old 04-03-2017, 09:45 AM
CK_32

Received 366 Likes on 315 Posts

RIP

Another engine shop who just wants their rep to pay the bills. Good luck trying to make a specialty shop take blame OP. Never happens.