cali Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blasian
Make me one
me tooooo!
Old 10-09-2007, 08:57 PM
chrisnathan

Wooo hooo I made and installed mine today, feels so good!!! Thanks OP!!!
Old 10-10-2007, 05:42 AM
Conceyted

Glad to hear you all are having good luck with your stoppers. I have had my DIY stopper on for a few months and its been good.

BTW, did you all know that they are still calling it a "Clutch Engagement Kit" over on the D-Wolf sale thread? Not sure why they are continuing to mislead people, but whatever the least we can do is keep this bumped to keep everyone informed.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:50 AM
blasian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Conceyted
Glad to hear you all are having good luck with your stoppers. I have had my DIY stopper on for a few months and its been good.

BTW, did you all know that they are still calling it a "Clutch Engagement Kit" over on the D-Wolf sale thread? Not sure why they are continuing to mislead people, but whatever the least we can do is keep this bumped to keep everyone informed.
Its because it uses a stopper that is far more sophisticated as this
Old 10-10-2007, 05:58 AM
Conceyted

Its because it uses a stopper that is far more sophisticated as this
Heh, but that isn't really my point. The stopper is honestly just that, a clutch pedal stopper. It does absolutely nothing to the clutch engagement, it simply reduces pedal travel after the engage point. I tried explaining this a while back but the salesman over in the thread refused to accept this simple fact. If they would just market their product ethically I would honestly have no problem with them overcharging for a small piece of delran that they have cut down to use as a stopper. I might still mention that it is overpriced, but I wouldn't be so offended that someone could have the audacity to come here, post 10,000 posts and pretend to be part of our community and then do a 180 and try his best to scam as many of us as he could.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:59 AM
blasian

The thing that gets me is... looks like everyone that reps for the product is from Cali... which is where he is.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:17 AM
Conceyted

Well, let say you developed a product and tried to sell it to the z community. We Louisianians might be more willing to go for it since we know you personally and tend to trust you. Also, knowing you in person, we would be less likely to say bad things about anything you might be trying to sell.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:18 AM
blasian

Originally Posted by Conceyted
Well, let say you developed a product and tried to sell it to the z community. We Louisianians might be more willing to go for it since we know you personally and tend to trust you. Also, knowing you in person, we would be less likely to say bad things about anything you might be trying to sell.
lol true but I wouldn't try to sell it either
Old 10-10-2007, 06:53 AM
350Zenophile

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Yay for Opensource Mods

Take this as a lesson on marketing transparency. There are products out there that use proprietary solutions to a problem. This is called intellectual property and has an innate value in and of itself recognized and protected by our government's patent and trademark office. There are also products out there whose value is based on convenience or saving time.

The originator's believe the value of the product is in their innovation, which is not to be minimized, but because the product can be reverse-engineered and reproduced using easily-obtainable off-the-shelf parts, they are actually selling a time-saving product.

IMPO, If they posted a DIY with full-disclosure then sold a convenient DIY kit, they would be ahead in money and credibility.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:02 AM
Conceyted

Originally Posted by 350Zenophile
Take this as a lesson on marketing transparency. There are products out there that use proprietary solutions to a problem. This is called intellectual property and has an innate value in and of itself recognized and protected by our government's patent and trademark office. There are also products out there whose value is based on convenience or saving time.

The originator's believe the value of the product is in their innovation, which is not to be minimized, but because the product can be reverse-engineered and reproduced using easily-obtainable off-the-shelf parts, they are actually selling a time-saving product.

IMPO, If they posted a DIY with full-disclosure then sold a convenient DIY kit, they would be ahead in money and credibility.
I agree 100%. While I can understand why they are asking so much for the stopper using the intellectual property bit, I do not understand the shady marketing techniques. The way they have chosen to market their product proves that they are, in fact, only out to make a buck and move on. They refuse to explain in depth what it is made from or what it actually does, and it took a select few of us to come out and "break" their wishes and display what this product really was. It was just a great example of what NOT to be in this community.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:08 AM
adrianko43

This thread is awesome. They didn't even invent anything, BMW owners have been doing this for a long time.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:50 AM
ESPO 774

will this mod lead to premature clutch wear? thanks!
Old 10-12-2007, 10:54 AM
Conceyted

No. Just make sure you follow the DIY correctly.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:00 AM
ESPO 774

ok great! i put 4 nickels and a piece of doulbe sided tape on the clutch where it hits the switch, and 4 nickels, 1 penny and piece of tape on the part where the blue bump stop hits. does that sound right?
Old 10-12-2007, 05:47 PM
n1cK!
Infiltrator!

great DIY! i've been reading about the drama over this "kit" for a while. i'm glad you posted this!
Old 10-12-2007, 05:49 PM
n1cK!
Infiltrator!

The thing that gets me is... looks like everyone that reps for the product is from Cali... which is where he is.
i'm from cali...i don't "rep" it too shady for me...
Old 10-14-2007, 11:23 AM
n1cK!
Infiltrator!

hey, now check this out. they sell some delrin rods over at ebay for like $5. i found a guy who will cut 9mm and 10mm pieces from a 12" rod. anyone intersted? now, i'm not trying to make any money or anything, but i gave him a tolerance of less than 0.5mm. he will machine them for $2 each, and you get about 10 of each size. so how about $4 and a SASE? again, i am not trying to make any money, but it may be a cleaner solution to the nickels and pennies. just a thought...

*EDIT
i just realized that this probably isn't the best idea since each clutch has a different engagement point (as pointed out by MustGoFastR and jason).

Last edited by n1cK!; 10-22-2007 at 06:17 AM.
Old 10-20-2007, 06:56 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

lol, i already had the tape. the glides cost me $2.05 with tax. took a whole 10 minutes for the whole project. works like a fkn champ!! god i wish i would have done this sooner.
Old 10-20-2007, 07:37 PM
Row2K

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

OMG OMG OMG Took all of about an hour (including trip to home depot)....and i was so ecstatics with the result I even had my dad come and take a drive (he was never a fan of the clutch on the G ) ....Thank you to all 350z and g35 enthusiasts...spread the knowledge
Old 10-22-2007, 05:58 AM
Conceyted

https://my350z.com/forum/showpost.ph...2&postcount=47

Looks like Nissan Sport Magazine is now housing an Ad for the D-wolf kit. Keep this bumped fellas, we owe it to the Z community to warn them.

Quick Reply: DIY Clutch Stopper aka. free D-wolf Clutch Kit