Notices

Oil Catch Can Install

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 03:50 PM
CNunes_95

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Oil Catch Can Install

As you all know, the vq35de motors are notoriously known for oil consumption coming from the passenger side valve cover, which go back into the lower plenum. I got the catch can off of EBAY for about $100. No need for a $250-$300 Mishimoto or some other name brand catch can. As long as it is baffled, you're good to go in my opinion. Here's a few pics of my Oil Catch can install, and I must say, it is working very well. After putting only 200 miles or so on the car, there is already a little pool of oil inside the can. So it is definitely working! Less oil being fed back into the motor ultimately leads to a cleaner engine and a better air/fuel mix for combustion, which I think means, more efficiency and slightly better performance. Only thing I had to do was create my own mounting bracket, which really was not difficult at all. I merely cut a piece of metal that I found lying around and drilled one or two more holes in it. Had to run to the parts store to pick up some 3/8" pcv hose too.

ADD W1 Catch Can (vvv) Comes with breather filter, necessary hardware, hose (Didn't even use), and 2 smaller and 2 larger fittings.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...h+can&_sacat=0

Blue Anodized Oil Catch Can

My Modified Bracket

After install

***ALSO*** The Catch Can does come with a breather filter. that screws on top of the can. I was not able to use the filter because it creates a huge vacuum leak, which will cause the car to have a very rough idle. So I just used the drain plug it came with and everything works just fine. Eventually, I will also splice the driver side hose, which runs from the driver side valve cover to my intake tube as well.

Last edited by CNunes_95; 06-25-2015 at 04:27 PM.