Notices
Engine Swaps For all your engine swap experiences, ideas, questions, & more..

Clutch bleeding problem help.

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2016, 04:44 PM
CUL8ER

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Clutch bleeding problem help.

I am having issues when trying to get pressure in the clutch pedal.

brake down.

I have the sikky wilwood master cylinder w/ the sikky braided lines. Going into a GM slave cylinder/throwout bearing(F-body), magnum T-56, Mcleod RXT clutch and flywheel. Stock 350z clutch pedal. A buddy had the same set up and he didn't need/use a spacer so that shouldn't be the problem.

Ok so with it all hooked up, master to slave & slave to bleeder.

I fill up reservoir, get under Z with a cup of brake fluid. I have a buddy press in the clutch pedal, then crack open the bleeder valve submerse into cup of BF and start pumping the clutch nice and slowly. Well been doing that for a couple of days and it doesn't seem to do anything.

I have been messing around with adjusting the clutch pedal rod, seems the same weather the rod is extended or shortened.

Looking for help from someone that has dealt with this.
Thanks for your help.
Old 04-26-2016, 06:43 AM
armt350z

Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

If you re just pumping the pedal with the bleeder open you are just moving the bubbles back and forth where ever they are in the system. I put a air tubing line on the end of the bleeder, have a guy in car press the pedal, loosen the bleeder and let it squirt, tighten the bleeder, then release the pedal. rinse and repeat until pressure feels fine.
Old 04-26-2016, 01:50 PM
CUL8ER

Originally Posted by armt350z
If you re just pumping the pedal with the bleeder open you are just moving the bubbles back and forth where ever they are in the system. I put a air tubing line on the end of the bleeder, have a guy in car press the pedal, loosen the bleeder and let it squirt, tighten the bleeder, then release the pedal. rinse and repeat until pressure feels fine.

Thanks, I feel that I am doing something wrong. I will try the way you had described armt350z. I will report back tomorrow if that worked or not.
Old 04-28-2016, 11:35 AM
CUL8ER

well that didn't work. Buddy pushed pedal to floor I cracked bleeder, a little fluid came out. I tightened it up and buddy lifted clutch pedal up. Repeated 10+ times and no fluid is coming from master cylinder reservoir. I am lost here. I do notice a little brake/clutch fluid on the bell housing. I wonder if my slave cylinder is weeping.

But why isn't fluid leaving the master reservoir?.
Old 04-28-2016, 11:40 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,047 Likes on 6,513 Posts

sounds like you have a clogged line or something
Old 04-28-2016, 11:45 AM
CUL8ER

Yeah the lines did get pinched when installing the trans, so I am thinking that's gotta be it.
on the phone with sikky now.
Old 04-28-2016, 01:19 PM
CUL8ER

Well after talking to a tech guy over there at Sikky. Have to the conclusion that the lines are/got squashed. Trying to get the sikky to sell me 2 replacement lines right now.

Edit: ok Sikky sold me 2 replacement lines should ship out tomorrow.
I will post a reply once I get them installed and hopefully bled

Last edited by CUL8ER; 04-28-2016 at 01:34 PM.
Old 04-28-2016, 02:59 PM
travlee
Master

Received 9,047 Likes on 6,513 Posts

you still have the VQ in there or is it LS swapped?

assuming LS swap because of trans but you never said
Old 05-04-2016, 10:34 AM
CUL8ER

Originally Posted by travlee
you still have the VQ in there or is it LS swapped?

assuming LS swap because of trans but you never said
My built VQ motor was sold last july to a guy in Denver. Now I have a 5.3l(gen3) Funny thing is I never had a problem with the oem clutch bleeding proses. It would be nice to have an external slave like the oem 350z set up.

So after pulling the Sikky wilwood master cylinder. While leaving the reservoir on and filled.
Pumped/pushed clutch rod in. 2 holes in the master cylinder are suppose to once rod in pushed in drop fluid into the line down to the slave cylinder. Which was not happening at all.
So I took the piston out of the master cylinder and 1 of the 2 seals had a big rip in it. So it was just pushing air and couldn't create pressure.

So I talked to Wilwood and Sikky about returning the master and they said with what I found the master will not work and I should send it back for a full replacement.

Last edited by CUL8ER; 05-04-2016 at 10:35 AM.