Notices
Engine Intakes, Exhausts, Clutches, Turbos, etc...

FS: :::L-FAB Rebuilt Valve Covers:::

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 08:39 PM
philmynutz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hopefully i can stop by and do this real soon =D
Old 08-08-2013, 09:47 AM
L-Fab
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by go7roo7
Great! My brother works at a Nissan parts desk can you pm me what engine you guys get the grommets from, my motor is open and I need them yesterday! Thanks
Unfortunately i can't give out the part number on the grommets we're using because of how long it took us to find the adequate replacement grommet. Also the new grommets require the use of a drill press to be installed properly. There are however a number of threads that have info on some similar replacement grommets.

With the price we're currently offering these covers at we're not making a whole lot, considering we're including 6 new grommets, two rocker cover gaskets and a new pcv valve. Also you're getting everything installed using a sealant which is better than black or grey RTV.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:02 AM
Z33Garage

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by L-Fab
Unfortunately i can't give out the part number on the grommets we're using because of how long it took us to find the adequate replacement grommet. Also the new grommets require the use of a drill press to be installed properly. There are however a number of threads that have info on some similar replacement grommets.

With the price we're currently offering these covers at we're not making a whole lot, considering we're including 6 new grommets, two rocker cover gaskets and a new pcv valve. Also you're getting everything installed using a sealant which is better than black or grey RTV.
No worries, I actually found which ones they are and they fit perfectly fine ( took me about a week of digging to find and their dimension is exact to the ones from factory.). I also made a jig out of wood that allows one to drill the hole perfectly straight. For the sealant, I have never had leaks with either grey or black RTV with any part I have bonded with it so . Since my cyl 3 now is leaking I will make a video of how to install these with the parts that I found. Best of all the seals are 4 bucks at the dealer.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:33 AM
saywat?

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

^wats the part number u used for the seals?
Old 08-08-2013, 11:44 AM
Z33Garage

13276-31U10

Or

1327631U21

When you call the dealer, dont tell them what car its for, or what its for, they will swear on the holy undead zombie Jesus that the part doesn't fit. Also the link I posted was for my area, which is funny because when I called the price was 8.99, at the same dealer that I got the online quote for. You will also notice that this seal fits a vast number of other cars.

If you arent confident with your skills, I recommend you get pre-modded ones sold by Ifab since the mod does require some finesse to do correctly.

13276 - SEALOIL,ROCKER COVER
Part Number: 13276-31U1A
Superceded from 13276-31U10
Year range 7/2001 to 7/2002
Quantity per vehicle: 3
WARNING: This part does NOT Fit the 2002 Pathfinder with the attributes currently listed. This part fits this vehicle with the following attributes:
( ENGINE = 'VQ35DE' )
MSRP: $4.82 Online Price: $4.82
In stock

LINK TO PAGE

Last edited by Z33Garage; 08-08-2013 at 11:49 AM.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:48 AM
saywat?

yea the ones u are using are different but if they work then it doesnt matter. so u actually did the swap already and it works? post the vid or pics when ur done
Old 08-08-2013, 11:55 AM
Z33Garage

Originally Posted by saywat?
yea the ones u are using are different but if they work then it doesnt matter. so u actually did the swap already and it works? post the vid or pics when ur done
I have not done the swap yet, I had to order my spark plugs and seals so I am waiting to get those in. I plan to make a video on how to perform the entire mod since this seems to be a very big issue with the Z. I have been doing research for about 2 weeks, and others have already done this and report good success. I have been comparing part numbers from several cars valve covers that several people have used and I am 99.9% sure these will work fantastic. Also I have noted that on the manuals, these gaskets are said to fit the vq35 (earlier models that did not have the baffle plate integrated with the seals like the Zs have). If you want, wait for me to purchase and do this mod before you take my word for it. I am really motivated to do this and help those in the community who like doing thing for themselves and if I can help someone save money and get a good result thats all I am looking for.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:56 AM
Z33Garage

That same gasket has several different part numbers all apperantly depending on what car model its going on, but from all the researching I have done places this same gasket on the 00-03 Maxima, as well as the QX4 ( pathfinder) for several model years.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:26 PM
Z33Garage

Different from which ones? Ifabs?
Old 08-08-2013, 12:47 PM
saywat?

im not sure which threads ur refering too that have done this in the past with success. i only recall of one user "andrei" who basically started off and doing the same thing u did but his didnt work out. good luck! remember tho it takes time for the seal to prove its ability to seal so be sure to keep up posted after uve had some miles after the project to be sure its no longer leaking
Old 08-08-2013, 12:53 PM
saywat?

Originally Posted by go7roo7
Different from which ones? Ifabs?
different from what lfabs and rnd uses. but they both use the same seals
Old 08-08-2013, 01:44 PM
Z33Garage

im not sure which threads ur refering too that have done this in the past with success. i only recall of one user "andrei" who basically started off and doing the same thing u did but his didnt work out. good luck! remember tho it takes time for the seal to prove its ability to seal so be sure to keep up posted after uve had some miles after the project to be sure its no longer leaking
Yes, I saw his thread. I also reviewed several other threads on other forums comparing the seals others have tried. The seals andrei used from the photos he posted are not Nissan seals, but ones made by another company, unless I am mistaken. Correct I will be creating a thread showing what I researched, and will include all the part numbers since that is something I noticed most threads ate lacking, a good parts used list. I have sealed many car parts and I find most sealants fail due to improper application or prep work, as well as inadequate drying time. Which is something I did not see shown or described in andreis thread. If the seals indeed fit, it's a matter of assembling the valve cover and sealing it correctly.