Notices
Europe Netherlands, Belgium, Italy, France, Ireland, etc.

Visiting Venice, Italy: Q's About Parking

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 04:22 AM
Jairen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Visiting Venice, Italy: Q's About Parking

I'm supposed to be visiting Venice, Italy next week for a few days.

What I would like to know, is the area around Venice and the parking garages safe to park in? Maybe I'm a bit too worried, but being in Italy, I'm worried about break-in's and theft. I know our cars, especially Z's and G's stick out like a sore thumb in some places.

Since Venice isn't accessible by car, are the parking garages and venice area safe?
Old 04-01-2013, 04:28 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts

I lived in Pordenone for three years. It's about 60 min train ride North of Venice. There is no parking in Venice. Venice is a series of islands that are connected by bridges. All travel is done by boat or walking. Why not just take a train from where you are into Venice? And Yes Venice is safe.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:23 AM
Jairen

Originally Posted by Robert_K
I lived in Pordenone for three years. It's about 60 min train ride North of Venice. There is no parking in Venice. Venice is a series of islands that are connected by bridges. All travel is done by boat or walking. Why not just take a train from where you are into Venice? And Yes Venice is safe.
The train would be nice, but the cost from we're coming from (Naples) wouldn't be cost effective. Plus we are a family that doesn't mind road trips.

I'm just worried about those parking garages outside of Venice (Good ol' Google pulled up this place http://www.veniceparking.it/it/find-...tto%20Parking/) and if they safe to park in. Coming from Naples, a Z or a G parked out on the street or a parking garage is asking to get broken into or stolen. Maybe northern Italy isn't as bad as Naples?

We never been to Venice, so we're also looking for any recommendations of things to do and see. So exited!
Old 04-01-2013, 06:04 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Naples is totally different than Venice / Northern Italy. The crime/mafia is not as present. You'll be good parking your car in Venice. However you can see pretty much everything in Venice in one complete day. LOL

That park looks like where I took my cruise out of. Since it's covered and away from cruise passengers I don't see any need to worry.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:24 AM
Jairen

Originally Posted by Robert_K
Naples is totally different than Venice / Northern Italy. The crime/mafia is not as present. You'll be good parking your car in Venice. However you can see pretty much everything in Venice in one complete day. LOL

That park looks like where I took my cruise out of. Since it's covered and away from cruise passengers I don't see any need to worry.
Thanks a lot! Makes me feel much better about going! Yeah, the crime/mafia in Naples is ridiculous! Northern Italy is like a whole different country! Although I've never been north of Florence yet.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:47 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Wait till you see the blonde hair blue eyed Italian.