Notices

FS: Motordyne ART pipes HR less than 500 miles

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2015, 10:31 AM
Rev_Night

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Motordyne ART pipes HR less than 500 miles

Hello,

I am selling some practically brand new Motordyne ART pipes for the HR engine. I bought them end of July 2015, installed them mid August 2015, and removed them mid October 2015, for a total of 2 months of wear. Since I work from home 3x a week, I probably drove at most 500 miles during this period.

As the pictures show, they are in excellent condition with only some discoloration due to use. There are no cracks or bad welds, and I spent a few hours cleaning them with multiple coats of CLR, 3M rubbing compound, and Mothers polish. The bolts and extra unused lower gaskets are included, but the buyer will need to buy the upper cat/header gaskets.

The reason I am selling them is I need to pass emissions and VA does visuals, so they can't pass. They still work and sound great though.

I am asking $500 + shipping. I live in the DC area for local pickups.

OPTIONAL

At the buyers request I can put back on the cooling solution (titanium exhaust wrap held on by metal zip ties). The reason I had these on the driver resonance chamber was I have an aftermarket slave clutch cylinder, so the resonance chamber got really, really close to it. The OEM cat obviously didn't. If you don't have an aftermarket CSC at this position, or you don't care, then nevermind.
Attached Thumbnails Motordyne ART pipes HR less than 500 miles-md-art-1.jpg   Motordyne ART pipes HR less than 500 miles-md-art-2.jpg   Motordyne ART pipes HR less than 500 miles-md-art-3.jpg   Motordyne ART pipes HR less than 500 miles-md-art-4.jpg   Motordyne ART pipes HR less than 500 miles-pre-wrap.jpg  

Motordyne ART pipes HR less than 500 miles-post-wrap.jpg  

Last edited by Rev_Night; 10-28-2015 at 10:46 AM.
Old 10-28-2015, 10:58 AM
Depravity

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

Does the law in your city state that you can relocate your cat? My city requires emissions & a visual inspection, and I passed at the city's pollution center (hardest place to pass) w/my ART Pipes. I have a HFC module in my XYZ pipe and per the law here, so long as I have a cat of some sort somewhere in my exhaust (doesn't matter where or whether or not it's OEM/HFC/Aftermarket) I can still pass.

Laws vary, but just thought I'd throw that out there just in case you'd like to still keep your ART pipes. Investing in an XYZ Y-Pipe w/HFC module is good for emissions testing
Old 10-28-2015, 11:12 AM
Rev_Night

Thats a good point, but i have the TDX2 exhaust, which doesnt allow modular HFC y pipe
Old 10-28-2015, 11:32 AM
Depravity

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Rev_Night
Thats a good point, but i have the TDX2 exhaust, which doesnt allow modular HFC y pipe
Oh, gotcha. Well GLWS

I've had luck in the past where they just didn't bother to do a very thorough visual inspection, but that can be random and unpredictable. Once your car is flagged for a fail, it can be very problematic.
The following users liked this post:
Rev_Night (10-28-2015)
Old 11-02-2015, 05:45 AM
TWiSDiT

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PM'ed
Rev_Night (11-03-2015)
Old 11-03-2015, 07:47 AM
Rev_Night

SOLD
TWiSDiT (11-04-2015)
Old 11-04-2015, 05:43 AM
TWiSDiT

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rev_Night
SOLD
Excellent seller. Highly recommend. Thank you for the quick and smooth transaction! Until we meet again
Rev_Night (11-04-2015)