Sponsored by:

US Tint Laws

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 12:44 AM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Phantom Menace
Thanks!

Whoo-Hoo! I've got 30% (allows 70% light) all around!

The thing is...we can still get pulled over for the tint! It's not like Bacon has a device that measures tint....And how well does local Bacon know this law? Last time I got pulled-over the CHP was harassing me about having my windows rolled down (like it's illegal to drive with the windows rolled down!) and warned me that any tint on the front sides are "illegal."

So, can I print something out and keep it in my car? I doubt if I print out the website screen, it'll be credible enough to keep Bacon from writing me a ticket, right?
The police have small devices that slide over the edge of the window. It takes about 2 seconds for them to discover your tint level.

And you can at least respect police to a certain level, and not refer to them as "Bacon".
Old 04-06-2008, 01:09 AM
chriskabobbers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

70% for me in the front it is
Old 04-06-2008, 08:58 AM
Phantom Menace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Silverstone-Z
The police have small devices that slide over the edge of the window. It takes about 2 seconds for them to discover your tint level.

And you can at least respect police to a certain level, and not refer to them as "Bacon".
I'm not trying to be argumentative since you've offered me good advice in the past...

However, you have, obviously, never been harassed by the police--e.g. betting bent over the hood of your car one block away from your son's elementary school with him in the car for driving (speed limit) with the windows rolled down, while taking your son to school!--that or maybe you are a cop, yourself.
Either way, I don't refer to all Cops as Bacon! I respect general POLICE authority and for the most part, I respect POLICE personnel. HOWEVER, those I refer to as Bacon, are a select group of "cops." I never refer to the POLICE in a negative connotation. That is why I use the term, BACON to refer to these...exceptional individuals whom happen to have a badge.

Lastly, please...don't tell me which words I can and cannot use? (The 1st Amendment notwithstanding, it's just not polite)

Last edited by Phantom Menace; 04-06-2008 at 09:08 AM.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:15 PM
kutnupe14

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm not trying to be argumentative since you've offered me good advice in the past...

However, you have, obviously, never been harassed by the police--e.g. betting bent over the hood of your car one block away from your son's elementary school with him in the car for driving (speed limit) with the windows rolled down, while taking your son to school!--that or maybe you are a cop, yourself.
Either way, I don't refer to all Cops as Bacon! I respect general POLICE authority and for the most part, I respect POLICE personnel. HOWEVER, those I refer to as Bacon, are a select group of "cops." I never refer to the POLICE in a negative connotation. That is why I use the term, BACON to refer to these...exceptional individuals whom happen to have a badge.

Lastly, please...don't tell me which words I can and cannot use? (The 1st Amendment notwithstanding, it's just not polite)
Not to turn this into a racial argument, but I've heard this logic before... in regard to using the "N" word... not that you do, I'm just pointing out the similarities in the arguments...
Old 04-06-2008, 06:31 PM
Phantom Menace

Originally Posted by kutnupe14
Not to turn this into a racial argument, but I've heard this logic before... in regard to using the "N" word... not that you do, I'm just pointing out the similarities in the arguments...
Good point and I appreciate what you are trying to say...

First of all, and you are right in not assuming, I do not drop N-Bombs and don't even have it in my vocabulary sans for reference, such as your argument.

Secondly, though your point is a good analogy--by definition, analogy is an inherently weak argument given that one must assume...in your example that the term Bacon are to police a functional equivalent to the what the N-word means to whom ever is unfortunate enough to have that word directed at them. Truth be told, they are not equivalent. 400+ years of negative connotation directed towards a specific race (man, woman, and/or child) is not the same as a derogatory term used for certain Publicly trusted officials with the sole monopoly of the use of force and violence who misuse this monopoly. Just like calling a lazy co-worker a dirtbag. Now if I called a coworker, belonging to "X" racial category, the N-word just for simply belonging to that racial category or seemingly belonging to that racial category--all of which are socially constructed and artificial by the way, but that is another argument--is a TOTALLY different matter. As I already posted, I do not lump all persons with a uniform (I used to wear one) and a badge in the same category. I lump the persons whom abuse their trusted authority for the purpose of harassment, in a category which is not incorrect, sir.

Finally, for future reference, if you should bring up racially motivated arguments...make sure the receiving end did not co-teach Race and Ethnic Relations at a major university--which, I have.

Last edited by Phantom Menace; 04-06-2008 at 06:41 PM.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:48 PM
DevinB

I was just pointing out that you're spouting off at the mouth without knowing facts...
I'm sorry, but I doubt very many of us sulk that people don't like us...
as for me working, dropping by your girls house while you do the ole 9-5 seems promising...
Are you mentally challenged? I ask that as a serious question because the OP posted a link stating the laws, which can also be called facts. The fact is Indiana has different laws than Illinois. Thus, by driving 45 minutes, as I clearly stated above, I am exempt from any punishment regarding window film. So please again tell me how I "spouting off at the mouth without knowing facts". It frightens me that you are able to be a police officer as you're clearly oblivious to something so painfully obvious.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:49 PM
kutnupe14

Good point and I appreciate what you are trying to say...

First of all, and you are right in not assuming, I do not drop N-Bombs and don't even have it in my vocabulary sans for reference, such as your argument.

Secondly, though your point is a good analogy--by definition, analogy is an inherently weak argument given that one must assume...in your example that the term Bacon are to police a functional equivalent to the what the N-word means to whom ever is unfortunate enough to have that word directed at them. Truth be told, they are not equivalent. 400+ years of negative connotation directed towards a specific race (man, woman, and/or child) is not the same as a derogatory term used for certain Publicly trusted officials with the sole monopoly of the use of force and violence who misuse this monopoly. Just like calling a lazy co-worker a dirtbag. Now if I called a coworker, belonging to "X" racial category, the N-word just for simply belonging to that racial category or seemingly belonging to that racial category--all of which are socially constructed and artificial by the way, but that is another argument--is a TOTALLY different matter. As I already posted, I do not lump all persons with a uniform (I used to wear one) and a badge in the same category. I lump the persons whom abuse their trusted authority for the purpose of harassment, in a category which is not incorrect, sir.

Finally, for future reference, if you should bring up racially motivated arguments...make sure the receiving end did not teach Race and Ethnic Relations at a major university--which I have.
Allow me to quote your post that generated my response...
Thanks!

Whoo-Hoo! I've got 30% (allows 70% light) all around!

The thing is...we can still get pulled over for the tint! It's not like Bacon has a device that measures tint....And how well does local Bacon know this law? Last time I got pulled-over the CHP was harassing me about having my windows rolled down (like it's illegal to drive with the windows rolled down!) and warned me that any tint on the front sides are "illegal."

So, can I print something out and keep it in my car? I doubt if I print out the website screen, it'll be credible enough to keep Bacon from writing me a ticket, right?
At no point during this particular post do you indicate that you make a defference between good cops/bacon... any reader would naturally assume that you were meaning all police are bacon (the way it nomally used).

later, you correcty yourself when called on it...

The "bacon" term is also socially constructed, yes? Sorry, to disagree, but that I see no solid difference in the analogy... if you go around calling certain members of a group something other than what they are... then how long is it before you refer to all the people within the group by that term, simply because you are unhappy with a slect few...
As a college professor, you should be above name calling...
Old 04-06-2008, 07:07 PM
DevinB

Last Activity: Today 10:05 PM
Viewing Forum The Lounge (Off Topic) @ 10:05 PM

Waiting for your intelligent response, officer.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:51 PM
Phantom Menace

At no point during this particular post do you indicate that you make a defference between good cops/bacon... any reader would naturally assume that you were meaning all police are bacon (the way it nomally used).
--I did not differentiate between "good cops" and bad cops (Bacon) because:
1. All Cops should be Good Cops
2. We were talking about being pulled over for tint--if legal in a state, then wrongfully pulled over = bad cop.
*There was NO NEED to differentiate
later, you correcty yourself when called on it...
--I wasn't "called on it," a comment was made and I responded in order to clarify my point.

The "bacon" term is also socially constructed, yes? Sorry, to disagree, but that I see no solid difference in the analogy... if you go around calling certain members of a group something other than what they are... then how long is it before you refer to all the people within the group by that term, simply because you are unhappy with a slect few...
As a college professor, you should be above name calling...
Yes. It is socially constructed. And no need to apologize for disagreeing with me, that's what people with minds of their own do. However I, too, have an analogy: a Cop who abuses and relishes state/local power is...well, I'm sorry to have to say it, but truth be told, a pig. And pulling one over for having windows rolled down or tinted (within legal limits) and having them bent over the hood of their own car for forty-five plus minutes is not only disproportionate to any "mechanical violation" but it is abusive. The only point made by this display was an attempt to reassert power and dominance--both of which does not belong to the officer but rather, should be safeguarded by that person.

Name calling? Well, no one is above name calling. Especially when they feel powerless against a megalomaniac with a 9mm and a shield and have a young son watching them being treated like a criminal--regardless of their occupation/profession.

I don't know you, but I take it you are a Cop? If so, then I ask you to be a Real Cop--a Good Cop? If my "jaded" view of particular law enforcement personnel bothers you, then as well it should! It bothers me. Set the example Officer and treat those you SERVE with respect and that term, Bacon, will NEVER be used in reference to you--at least from me. I'm just tired of using the term, "bad cop" as it is--and I hope you agree--an oxymoron and should be non-existent.

Last edited by Phantom Menace; 04-06-2008 at 08:00 PM.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:18 AM
kutnupe14

Originally Posted by DevinB
Are you mentally challenged? I ask that as a serious question because the OP posted a link stating the laws, which can also be called facts. The fact is Indiana has different laws than Illinois. Thus, by driving 45 minutes, as I clearly stated above, I am exempt from any punishment regarding window film. So please again tell me how I "spouting off at the mouth without knowing facts". It frightens me that you are able to be a police officer as you're clearly oblivious to something so painfully obvious.
are you dim? Here, I'll remind you of your post:
Exactly. I could be pulled over in Chicago. Given a 60 - 75 dollar ticket (Whatever the going rate is these days). Drive another 45 minutes into Indiana and police could care less about my window tint.

do I even need to point this out? you are clearly "spouting off at the mouth without knowing facts"...
Old 04-07-2008, 12:24 AM
kutnupe14

Last Activity: Today 10:05 PM
Viewing Forum The Lounge (Off Topic) @ 10:05 PM

Waiting for your intelligent response, officer.
Seriously? You posted this?
Old 04-07-2008, 12:36 AM
kutnupe14

--I did not differentiate between "good cops" and bad cops (Bacon) because:
1. All Cops should be Good Cops
I agree...

However I, too, have an analogy: a Cop who abuses and relishes state/local power is...well, I'm sorry to have to say it, but truth be told, a pig
Why not simply call that person a bad cop as stated before... do you not see the flaw in this thinking? What do you call a "bad" black person? (and you know what I mean)...

--I don't know you, but I take it you are a Cop? If so, then I ask you to be a Real Cop--a Good Cop? If my "jaded" view of particular law enforcement personnel bothers you, then as well it should! It bothers me. Set the example Officer and treat those you SERVE with respect and that term, Bacon, will NEVER be used in reference to you--at least from me. I'm just tired of using the term, "bad cop" as it is--and I hope you agree--an oxymoron and should be non-existent.
Actually, your view does not bother me simply, people are entitled to hold their opinions, and I respect all... even "self-described" rednecks that drop the "N-bomb" as I take them to jail for DWI.. what bothers me a tad, is that as an educator you are to get people to think critically and rise above socially constructed labels/name calling... There are tons of bad cops, no doubt... and and such, thats what they should be called...
Old 04-07-2008, 01:07 AM
HighwaySpeed

Lightbulb

This thread was created to help educate members concerning state vehicle tinting laws.

It was not intended to be a platform, where a few members can display how poorly their parents raised them.

Hopefully, the poorly raised members will be better parents to their offspring.

Prejudice and derogatory terms, usually come from the child's parents.

If you are flawed, try not to pass on your flaws to your children.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:52 AM
NismoKid

Originally Posted by Pat1USMC
What I find funny is that a lot of states don't even require a front license plate, but in others you'll get a ticket.
Wait a sec...my car is registered in FL (no front plates issued), but I'm currently in the MD/VA/DC area and all three have front plate laws. I could be pulled over and given a ticket?! I can't even get a front plate from the FL DMV if I put in a request! They would think I'm up to something illegal if I asked the DMV to give me another license plate. Like I stole a car or something that looks like mine, lol.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:56 AM
kutnupe14

Originally Posted by HighwaySpeed
This thread was created to help educate members concerning state vehicle tinting laws.

It was not intended to be a platform, where a few members can display how poorly their parents raised them.

Hopefully, the poorly raised members will be better parents to their offspring.

Prejudice and derogatory terms, usually come from the child's parents.

If you are flawed, try not to pass on your flaws to your children.
+1... Sorry Highway, I kinda helped hijack your thread... any further post I make will be directly in relation to the original topic...
Old 04-07-2008, 01:57 AM
kutnupe14

Originally Posted by NismoKid
Wait a sec...my car is registered in FL (no front plates issued), but I'm currently in the MD/VA/DC area and all three have front plate laws. I could be pulled over and given a ticket?! I can't even get a front plate from the FL DMV if I put in a request! They would think I'm up to something illegal if I asked the DMV to give me another license plate. Like I stole a car or something that looks like mine, lol.
no... not as long as you're still within the "grace period" for out-of-state vehicles (noramally 30-90 days depending on the state)....
Old 04-07-2008, 03:03 AM
HighwaySpeed

+1... Sorry Highway, I kinda helped hijack your thread... any further post I make will be directly in relation to the original topic...
My post was not directed at you.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:34 AM
Phantom Menace

Originally Posted by HighwaySpeed
My post was not directed at you.
Got it...very witty and discrete...Blue wall and all...

OP,
Sorry if I hi-jacked your thread...I just tend to respond to comments directed at me (overtly or covertly).

And Highwayspeed...don't buzz in like that...a PM would've done the trick...

Last edited by Phantom Menace; 04-07-2008 at 10:39 AM.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:19 AM
HighwaySpeed

Got it...very witty and discrete...Blue wall and all...

OP,
Sorry if I hi-jacked your thread...I just tend to respond to comments directed at me (overtly or covertly).

And Highwayspeed...don't buzz in like that...a PM would've done the trick...
I Am The OP.

Buzz Off and have a nice PC day.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:39 AM
Driven1
Professional

Good Find Highway.

I find this thread amusing. lol

Here's another link for all those who want to know more about films, care, application, and manufacturing.

It's a very reputable site used by installers throughout the country.

http://www.tintdude.com/

Quick Reply: US Tint Laws