Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gauge cluster issues

Old 01-25-2017, 06:12 PM
TheAlpha

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gauge cluster issues

So I am in the process of doing an led swap on my main gauge cluster, I finished swapping all of the leds, plugged my cluster back in to set my needles, and now come the issues. If I zero out the needles, and then turn the car on my fuel gauge and heat gauge spin clockwise until they hit the stopper, tach and mph don't move. If I leave the needles off, turn the car on and then install the needles where they should be positioned, all's fine until I turn the car off and then back on at which point all four needles spin clockwise until resting on the stopper. Then to make matters even better, my mileage is now reading as zero! I've done multiple gauge led swaps, but this is my first on the z, and somehow this one has me stumped. Any input on this would be much appreciated.
Old 01-26-2017, 08:54 PM
mcubed45

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by TheAlpha
So I am in the process of doing an led swap on my main gauge cluster, I finished swapping all of the leds, plugged my cluster back in to set my needles, and now come the issues. If I zero out the needles, and then turn the car on my fuel gauge and heat gauge spin clockwise until they hit the stopper, tach and mph don't move. If I leave the needles off, turn the car on and then install the needles where they should be positioned, all's fine until I turn the car off and then back on at which point all four needles spin clockwise until resting on the stopper. Then to make matters even better, my mileage is now reading as zero! I've done multiple gauge led swaps, but this is my first on the z, and somehow this one has me stumped. Any input on this would be much appreciated.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW0PThNko9w

This guy does swaps on the Z as a business and has a lot of tutorial videos on his channel as well.

Search this Thread